• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiered List of Insiders / Leakers As Ranked by Reddit

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
As ranked by r/GamingLeaksAndRumours, used frequently here and elsewhere.

Tier 1 - Very Reliable​

This tier is dedicated to sources that have a proven track record with leaks and claims made about previously unknown gaming information. This is the cream of the crop, the tip of the top, and the best tier when it comes to reliability.

Very Reliable Sources
Jason Schrierer​
Tom Henderson​
Pyoro​
Midori​

Tier 2 - Generally Reliable​

This tier is for leakers who have made a good amount of true claims in the past. Everything might not be perfect, but they are a generally reliable source at the current time.

Generally Relliable Sources
Jeff Grubb​
NateTheHate​
BilBil-Kun​
Jez Corden​
Tom Warren​
Imran Khan​
SyluxHunter​
Andy Robinson​
Lance McDonald​
Insider-Gaming​

Tier 3 - 50/50​

This tier is for leakers who are pretty much 50/50 on what they claim. There's a good chance they're right, but also a good chance they're wrong. Take your pick!

50/50 Sources
DuskGolem​
Speshal Nick​
Emily Rodgers​
John Harker​
Miller Ross​
FunkyClam​

Tier 4 - Generally Unreliable​

This tier is for leakers who are generally unreliable. They may have gotten things right in the past, but the majority of the claims they've made have not come to fruition.

Generally Unreliable Sources
Moore's Law is Dead (MLiD)​
Loliloailo​
Ziostorm​
Ohag​
Alex Smitk​
The Tipster​

Tier 5 - Pretty Much Clickbait​

This tier is for leakers who are almost never correct and potentially just make things up. Anything they claim should be taken with a grain of salt.

Pretty Much Clickbait Sources
Colt Eastwood​
SamusHunter2​
Markomaro​

Tier 6 - Unproven​

This tier is for leakers who are well known for making claims in the community, but are generally unproven when it comes down to the facts. Most of what they've said is yet to be confirmed.

Unproven Sources
Universo Nintendo/Necrolipe​
Middleagegamegy​

Banned​

This is a section for banned leakers who are no longer allowed to be cited as a source on the sub.

Banned Sources
Robert Serrano​
Foxxy Games​
Zippo​

Jaybe

Tom Henderson is Insider Gaming lol
Aside from that, the only use of any of the Tier 2 and below is sometimes a Tier 1 will jump in and correct them with the actual information.

MDSLKTR

Who invited this mf on the list lol, I don't think even zealots believed him

DsNjXAQ.jpeg

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Lance McDonald?
I like the guy but is he even a leaker of stuff?
Ive been following him for reverse engineering but not so much for information.

DuskGolem knows.....i think they just throw random misinformation for the fuck of it.....so it makes sense they are 50/50, but its worth listening to what they have to say.

MLiD should be in the Clickbbait tier.
When hes right its almost always because its information another leaker already leaked.
When he is wrong......its like not even close and clearly the video was made for the clicks.

Billbill Kun is very reliable as well
He missed a big one recently, but I agree that he usually is very reliable.

Draugoth

Gold Member

That explains why he is Tier 2

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It would be interesting if there was a ranking of which leakers state info first. And who tags along like saying they heard the same, but really is just copying someone else.

Someone should do a test. Tom Henderson makes up a rumour and see who copies him.

In fact, I read somewhere that dictionary book makers do that. They purposely add in a made up word. And whomever has it later is then known to be a copier. Map companies do the same. They add inn a fake street.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Wasn't that whole thing due to humble bundle trying to infiltrate who was leaking their Choice bundles? They put out a fake email to see who'd bite.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who was the guy a year or so ago who kept leaking upcoming YT videos and what would be shown in Sony or MS showcases? Was it Insider-Gamer? He was rumoured to be a YT employee so he saw everything beforehand. He had a Twitter account spilling the beans.

That guy should be top tier. He must of had a 90%+ hit rate.

Last edited:
None of these zoomers know about the GOAT

CBOAT

DuskGolem needs to be higher
LMAO
He's the living embodiment of "even a broken clock is right twice a day". I'll admit he has a better track record as of recently, but it doesn't make up for all the diarrhea that spewed from his mouth back when he was on GAF

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
But I thought that complete and utter moron Dusk had retired (many times).

I fucking hate him.

Kilau

Gold Member
Who was the guy a year or so ago who kept leaking upcoming YT videos and what would be shown in Sony or MS showcases? Was it Insider-Gamer? He was rumoured to be a YT employee so he saw everything beforehand. He had a Twitter account spilling the beans.

The Snitch, appears to be gone.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Ah yes. Thats him. Thanks.

FeralEcho

He was the GOAT,the only guy I would've trusted had he said a Bloodborne 2 is coming.

DuskGolem needs to be higher

Maybe he would have been if he didn't have a meltdown and claim resident evil village was in a rough state on PS5 whilst it was still in the middle of development! Like, no fucking shit! Then to bury himself even further, he said that because "there was too much negative xbox news" and made himself look like a compete ass. What a stupid way to hurt your reputation.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
As ranked by r/GamingLeaksAndRumours, used frequently here and elsewhere.

Tier 1 - Very Reliable​

This tier is dedicated to sources that have a proven track record with leaks and claims made about previously unknown gaming information. This is the cream of the crop, the tip of the top, and the best tier when it comes to reliability.

Very Reliable Sources
Jason Schrierer​
Tom Henderson​
Pyoro​
Midori​

Tier 2 - Generally Reliable​

This tier is for leakers who have made a good amount of true claims in the past. Everything might not be perfect, but they are a generally reliable source at the current time.

Generally Relliable Sources
Jeff Grubb​
NateTheHate​
BilBil-Kun​
Jez Corden​
Tom Warren​
Imran Khan​
SyluxHunter​
Andy Robinson​
Lance McDonald​
Insider-Gaming​

Tier 3 - 50/50​

This tier is for leakers who are pretty much 50/50 on what they claim. There's a good chance they're right, but also a good chance they're wrong. Take your pick!

50/50 Sources
DuskGolem​
Speshal Nick​
Emily Rodgers​
John Harker​
Miller Ross​
FunkyClam​

Tier 4 - Generally Unreliable​

This tier is for leakers who are generally unreliable. They may have gotten things right in the past, but the majority of the claims they've made have not come to fruition.

Generally Unreliable Sources
Moore's Law is Dead (MLiD)​
Loliloailo​
Ziostorm​
Ohag​
Alex Smitk​
The Tipster​

Tier 5 - Pretty Much Clickbait​

This tier is for leakers who are almost never correct and potentially just make things up. Anything they claim should be taken with a grain of salt.

Pretty Much Clickbait Sources
Colt Eastwood​
SamusHunter2​
Markomaro​

Tier 6 - Unproven​

This tier is for leakers who are well known for making claims in the community, but are generally unproven when it comes down to the facts. Most of what they've said is yet to be confirmed.

Unproven Sources
Universo Nintendo/Necrolipe​
Middleagegamegy​

Banned​

This is a section for banned leakers who are no longer allowed to be cited as a source on the sub.

Banned Sources
Robert Serrano​
Foxxy Games​
Zippo​
Do not see HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 , trash list :p.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Leaking stuff a few days from announcements, including random shit nobody cares about… that guy is such a twat.

He sold his account to some Mexican “influence” or something and quit before (or maybe after) he got himself fired most likely.

cormack12

Gold Member
I wouldn't really class 'Schreier' as a leaker tbh. He's more breaking news imo? Usually about crunch or blue hairs having 10 minutes knocked off their 2hr lunch.

Like what he does is much different to Tom H and Pyoro, No?

Sojiro

If it doesn't come from Tom or HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 I dont give a shit.

RGT should also be put on the banned list
Are you talking about that RGT 85 guy? If so I didn't know he leaked stuff, but he does run a lot of YT videos of any leaked news that is circulating for the week even the more bullshit stuff. If he is "leaking" shit I would add him to the list as well, I highly doubt he has ever had any inside info.

Top Bottom