• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tinfoil hat time, my friends. Is the Xbox misery deliberate?

Disney keeps pumping money into and releasing shit that’s making them lose money, knowing damn well why, yet they continue to do it so anything is possible I guess.

But it wouldn’t get ground leveled to zero. Nintendo would at least survive.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

The increasing value for shareholders is what is deliberate. I really don't think the bean counter execs could care any less about consoles.

Wonko_C

I wish Meta acquired all those studios Microsoft is dumping just to see the world burn.

When Microsoft Ditches Bethesda, id Software, Ninja Theory, etc. and they're grabbed by Meta, the meltdowns will be glorious.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Yep. , Microsoft wants to destroy gaming industry , so the only Games people can play around the world are Solitarie and Mining.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Although this is written like a drunk five-year-old, there is some deep level of potential truth here.

If you're in third place in the game you're playing and you don't think you can win - your best strategy maybe to force a restart of the game. Now you're no longer in third place.

I thought my prose was quite titillating, with expert theory crafting and deep insight into the industry as a whole.

Hahaha I said whole

fart town usa

Gold Member
There isn't going to be an industry wide crash.

AAA are the ones creating all the noise because they are floundering and receive all the attention.

The industry would be better off if the majority of large western publishers went under. It would allow quality publishers a chance to shine for a larger audience and get gaming back to a healthier place. The cycle would lead to the same issues we're seeing now but the reset would be good while it lasts.

I always come back to AA and Indie when these topics come up. There is no shortage whatsoever with quality games to play from studios that are doing good financially. It's people who rely solely on AAA that are convinced there's going to be an industry wide crash. That's because they are shallow with the types of games they're willing to play. Studios that are doing the right thing need to be supported, if those games got the attention they deserve we'd see the correction we want to see in the industry.

Topher

Gold Member
This thread has inspired me...........to buy wine tonight.

Angry Go Home GIF by Salman Khan Films

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This thread has inspired me...........to buy wine tonight.

Angry Go Home GIF by Salman Khan Films

I invite *your* ideas about the shadowy cabals in gaming, as well! Whoever is right at the end gets my collection of sealed dug up landfill ET copies. Granted, should I win, it will be a very lackluster reward, being that I am already in possession of aforementioned award.

JESUS IS JUST ALRIGHT WITH MEEEEEE~

MagnesD3

So your telling us that burning down Microsoft by any means possible would be ethical, i see, I see.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
There isn't going to be an industry wide crash.

AAA are the ones creating all the noise because they are floundering and receive all the attention.

The industry would be better off if the majority of large western publishers went under. It would allow quality publishers a chance to shine for a larger audience and get gaming back to a healthier place. The cycle would lead to the same issues we're seeing now but the reset would be good while it lasts.

I always come back to AA and Indie when these topics come up. There is no shortage whatsoever with quality games to play from studios that are doing good financially. It's people who rely solely on AAA that are convinced there's going to be an industry wide crash. That's because they are shallow with the types of games they're willing to play. Studios that are doing the right thing need to be supported, if those games got the attention they deserve we'd see the correction we want to see in the industry.
I mean… if the majority of large western publishers went under, would that not constitute a crash? A “crash” doesn’t mean that the entire industry ceases to exist.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I mean… if the majority of large western publishers went under, would that not constitute a crash? A “crash” doesn’t mean that the entire industry ceases to exist.
Agreed. "Crash" I was referring to is when people think that the gaming industry in general will be unsalvageable. That's not gonna happen .

Top Bottom