• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Warhorse Studios' Game Reveal on 18th April is Kingdom Come Deliverance 2

Buggy Loop

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

I think everyone guessed that lol

Buckle up, where we’re going it’s full of white medieval polish peoples and REEEE will give us months of entertainment

Watch them try to cancel this

Usual “journalists” will also join in the fun

StereoVsn

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

I think everyone guessed that lol

Buckle up, where we’re going it’s full of white medieval polish peoples and REEEE will give us months of entertainment

Watch them try to cancel this

Usual “journalists” will also join in the fun
It’s unlikely they this would have medieval Polish people because it’s set in Bohemia. 😉

But yes, I am sure the outrage is being prepared already.

Trunim

Announcement of both a kingdom come sequel and a current gen patch for first game? Probably just the first thing but wishful thinking...

ScorpionX

Neo Member
This might be slightly off topic but how was the first game? I haven't played it so looking for opinions as this interests me.

Denton

Thread title is wrong, game will be called Kingdom Come II: Something (my money is on retribution).
Thought the premise was interesting but it ran and played like shit. The combat is fucking dreadful.
On PC it ran and played fantastically. Combat is awesome for duels, for multiple opponents the lock-on gets unwieldy but it is possible to learn how to fight effectively. Plus, bows and poisons.

Awesome news. Please be good though. I've heard the studio has been through some shit after the first game. Going to be hard to capture the same magic again.

Metnut

This is not a racial thing ( I am half white ) but i hope everyone in this game is whiter than white. just to piss off Era. ( it's this game that had a controversy about everyone being white right ?

Disagree. I want the game to be historically accurate so that immersion is maximized. If it’s set in the countryside of 14th century Bavaria then everyone probably should be white. If it’s set in Prague in the late 17th century, then they should try and have the people in the city look like how it would’ve been at that time.

Sentenza

Disagree. I want the game to be historically accurate so that immersion is maximized. If it’s set in the countryside of 14th century Bavaria then everyone probably should be white. If it’s set in Prague in the late 17th century, then they should try and have the people in the city look like how it would’ve been at that time.
...Which is once again "overwhelmingly white", so it's not clear what you are even disagreeing on.

On a sidenote, I just checked how the discussion is going on "the other forum" and it's the usual bullshit. People who try to ragebait the other users into their love for "controversy" and then get angry if you disagree... But get even angrier and fiercely passive-aggressive with all the users that ignore their attempts at fishing for outrage. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Metnut

...Which is once again "overwhelmingly white", so it's not clear what you are even disagreeing on.

On a sidenote, I just checked how the discussion is going on "the other forum" and it's the usual bullshit. People who try to ragebait the other users into their love for "controversy" and then get angry if you disagree... But get even angrier and fiercely passive-aggressive with all the users that ignore their attempts at fishing for outrage. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Prague would likely be overwhelmingly white at that time but there would certainly be a notable Arab presence there as well given the strength and proximity of the Ottoman Empire.

They completely nuts over there. There’s two parallel threads in half the game threads with half going nuts over SJW nonsense and the other half just talking about the game.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yess. Love the first one. A definitive, wait a year after bug fixing, buy.
Yep first one was great.

The only thing that made me sad is that the playable female mode that was promised beflre launch was a small spin off adventure and not a "super hard mode" where you have to deal with your limited strength and stamina compared to the male character and everyone trying to marry you off to someone.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I didn’t get into the first one but saw the potential.

Hope the second hooks me.

StereoVsn

Thought the premise was interesting but it ran and played like shit. The combat is fucking dreadful.
Game runs fine on PC side, and looks pretty good. Combat is not amazing, but serviceable, especially with one on one fights. And there are mods to help with that further.

On console I think it’s still 30FPS as there is no next gen patch. Embracer doesn’t want to pay for that which is short sighted… but not surprising.

Red5

I didn't mind the combat really, finished it on hard which meant no combat UI at all, It's still janky but once you level up it becomes much easier and you'll be killing armored Cumans and Knights easily. Just have to spend time with a trainer. But then again I managed to suffer through Die By The Sword and DeathTrap Dungeon.

No, i will not even buy the game like i didn't with the first one.

Sorry but a game about fucking knights should have good combat, i don't care how accurate and realistic your world is if the gameplay is utter shit.
i hope they completly rethink how the combat works, i don't care how realistic it is just please make it fun
This is why the first one should have been VR. Not only would it have solved many of it’s own control problems, it would have been a killer app for any VR system.

Top Bottom