• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top 10 Biggest Rumors About Xbox

5KjPZ8V.png

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Some of these are obviously a stretch (SEGA... lol), although I've heard legitimate rumors behind InXile's new RPG being Steampunk as well as being extremely well funded (they're the one that has had the GoW combat director on it).

Others are obvious, like Bethesda/ZeniMax games becoming Xbox ecosystem exclusive other than the MMO games like ESO, or games as a service games that are already out (Fallout 76). I'll be interested to see if ZeniMax Online's new MMO is on all platforms or not though. XCloud coming to those other devices is also less rumor and more reality. Even things like Wolfenstein 3 and Starfield are likely to release in 2021 based on how ZeniMax/Bethesda works. For Starfield specifically, the person who leaked those screens stated that the target date for that one was 2021, and we know Sony tried to get a timed exclusivity deal with Starfield back in March (but failed) of this year before the Bethesda acquisition and typically that would probably be done somewhat close to the release of the game.

The Obsidian rumor just comes from the amount of people at Obsidian that typically work on their own games as well.

So a lot of obvious mixed in with what looks like a lot of wishful thinking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding those rumors -

1. Agree/Disagree…I do believe that Microsoft has acquired at least two development studios but I don’t see either as what would be described as “large”. My belief is Asobo and Techland
2. Agree/Disagree…I do see Microsoft acquiring a publisher or a top tier development studio but I don’t see them acquiring Sega at all…what Microsoft should do is ensure that every Japanese game that PlayStation 5 gets, Xbox Series X/S should also get on the same day
3. Agree…I will go one step further…all future 2021 and beyond MMO releases will also be exclusive
4. Agree…Microsoft should have done this already in my opinion
5. Would not be surprised if this happens and I hope it does but only if the games are day one…if I still have to wait 6 months or a year, no thanks
6. Agree
7. Agree
8. 50/50…this can go either way
9. Disagree…no way, 3 projects at most
10. Agree

I remember all the speculation about #4, I guess it turned out to be nothing I feel like any changes would have happened before the Series X launched.

Things are going to heat up big time next year. Figure I'll be able to actually purchase the latest Ryzen and hopefully buy Nvidia's latest GPU (Lovelace?) by then. Fucking scalpers. That is unless AMD's RDNA3 turns out to be the first multi-chip module GPU. Seems like Nvidia's Hopper may have been delayed so keep an eye out people. The move away from monolithic to MCM should net some interesting gains.

Banned
Wolfenstein 3?
Yuck.

Where's Quake 5?

if Quake 5 wouldn't be a classic oldschool FPS like Quake 2 I rather have Wolfenstein 3... because Quake 4 was pure shit and what they did to Quake by making a fucking class based shooter is also a disgrace

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I heard a rumour that Spencer keeps buying studios then plays with them a for a little bit and then never touches them again. He has a problem.

Top Bottom