• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toshimichi Mori’s Studio Flare reveals first key visual and concept artworks

Studio Flare, the studio founded by former Marvelous executive vice president Toshinori Aoki and former BlazBlue series producer Toshimichi Mori, have released the first key visual and concept artworks showcasing what it has been working on.

Studio-Flare-KV_01-17-24_001.jpg

Studio-Flare-KV_01-17-24_003.png

Studio-Flare-KV_01-17-24_002.jpg

AUTOMATON has also published an interview with Mori, who talks about what the company has been up to since it was established in February 2023.

“We finally have projects and scenarios being made, and right now we’re working on prototypes while expanding our team,” Mori said. “We have a vision of what kind of games we want to make, but we’re also trying to take on some challenges, so it’s kind of a scrap-and-build process. We have some projects running in Unreal Engine.”

According to Mori, the newly revealed concept artworks are “image boards that tell a bit about what we’re working on—what we’re making and what our goals are.”

Studio Flare is currently hiring planners, programmers and engineers, 2D artists, and 3D artists. Specific jobs include lead battle planner for a 3D action game, and a senior game programmer to develop games in Unreal Engine 5.

“I think the biggest merit in joining us is the freedom to make things the way you want to make them,” Mori said. :It is an environment where you can easily realize your ideas, so I welcome those with ideas to come join us and express themselves to the fullest.

“I want to reach the point where people will look at our games and say ‘Oh, this is Studio Flare.’ In the case of Arc System Works, it was Daisuke Ishiwatari who laid the foundations, but the games became associated with the name ‘Arc System Works.’ FromSoftware games, which I adore, are also known as ‘From Games.’ This is why I aspire for our company to attain the level at which a term like ‘Flare Game’ can get coined.”

Top Bottom