• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Crime 2 is set in New York City

Teddman

If Luxoflux manages a halfway decent realistic representation of the Big Apple, I think that'd make the game worthwhile itself. Half the fun in the original True Crime was romping around to locations I was familiar with as an L.A. resident.

And everybody who's been to New York should have fun visiting virtual places they've been to in real life, and there's plenty of landmarks people who've never been there will recognize anyway.

They better have some Subway interludes! I don't expect the whole ridiculously huge train grid to be modeled in the game or anything, but I want an action sequence on the subway like in Die Hard With A Vengeance.

It would be a great feature if you could quickly warp around the city by just going into a subway station and picking another location from the subway map. One of the drawbacks in the L.A. True Crime was how long it took to drive from one side of the city to another in order to do a mission.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Teddman said:
If Luxoflux manages a halfway decent realistic representation of the Big Apple, I think that'd make the game worthwhile itself. Half the fun in the original True Crime was romping around to locations I was familiar with as an L.A. resident.

And everybody who's been to New York should have fun visiting virtual places they've been to in real life, and there's plenty of landmarks people who've never been there will recognize anyway.

They better have some Subway interludes! I don't expect the whole ridiculously huge train grid to be modeled in the game or anything, but I want an action sequence on the subway like in Die Hard With A Vengeance.

It would be a great feature if you could quickly warp around the city by just going into a subway station and picking another location from the subway map. One of the drawbacks in the L.A. True Crime was how long it took to drive from one side of the city to another in order to do a mission.

Of course they'll have the subway modelled, where else are they gonna keep the flaming skulls and other demons you'll be fighting.

Teddman

Ghost said:
Of course they'll have the subway modelled, where else are they gonna keep the flaming skulls and other demons you'll be fighting.
I was thinking huge carnivorous zombie rats would be perfect. :lol

belgurdo

Banned
Why don't they ever base these GTA clones in the midwest or something? I'd like to take down some Klan members while shipping meth ingredients to a suburban bungalow or something

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ghost said:

that was the most absurd gaming moment/twist ever. :lol

kind of like A.I.'s ending act.

black_13

Banned
yeah but the real question is WHO gives a ****.

It's true Crime 2. Probably another rehashed game with all the same problems the first game had.

black_13 said:
yeah but the real question is WHO gives a ****.

It's true Crime 2. Probably another rehashed game with all the same problems the first game had.
Easy there Junior, you might pull a muscle with talk like that. :lol

bishoptl said:
That's the only question that needs answering. The first game was asstastic.
indeed. I can't believe I ate the hype, but living in LA and being able to drive to my friend's house in the game clouded my judgement.

At least, that's what I tried to convince myself. Never again. I had a good run too, since the last time I got burned (Fighting Force 2... ugh).

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
mashoutposse said:
I'll probably buy it now. For the NYC gamer, why not? They might actually create a good rendition...
They better allow us to go to the boroughs. Fuck it if it is just Manhattan.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
olubode said:
They better allow us to go to the boroughs. Fuck it if it is just Manhattan.

For real... I want to go over the bridges and into the other four boroughs. Actually, that was always one of my dream games from the NES days (albeit, at that age I was only thinking about it being a racing game) :)

I love NYC, and I actually liked True Crime for the most part (the shooting mechanics destroy GTA's), but we've already seen an open world version of Manhattan in Spider-Man 2. I'm sure TC2 will be far more accurate and detailed, and hopefully it will include the whole city, but there are plenty of interesting cities that have never been modeled.

M3wThr33

Banned
I still think Vegas is a better idea.
That said, I love True Crime. I got the PC version, so maybe it's different from the console one.

ChrisReid

G-Fex said:
this just in, nobody likes true crime!

Man, why does everyone hate it? I really loved it. I did the side plots, I unlocked Snoop Dogg. Meanwhile, the GTA Double Pack is sitting on my shelf untouched.

ram

german magazine playzone, which run a exclusive preview before all american media was reporting, that there will be only manhatten.

Top Bottom