• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City | Story Trailer

Welcome to Detroit; crime runs rampant as the city lies on the edge of ruin, people fighting for scraps as others live extravagant lives of luxury.
Control of the Detroit Police Department is given to the Omni Consumer Products corporation in an attempt to restore order. You are that solution, RoboCop, a cyborg tasked with protecting the city.

RoboCop: Rogue City comes out on November 2, 2023 on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC.

Vick

Can't wait baby, D1 physical.
I'm sooo damn glad this is between that underrated masterpiece of RoboCop 2 and that awful sin against humanity of RoboCop 3, perfect setting choice.
Just wish Murphy model wasn't as silver and entirely devoid of purple/blue hues, as it is looks like the first Hot Toys release but still, can't goddamn wait.

Also the tailor-made PS5 version of their Terminator was awesome so I assume we can expect a decent console version as well.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
The demo made me cum three times. It's pretty fun aside from some bad voice acting for a few characters like Terminator Resistance.
Lucky you! You must have balls like a space hopper…..

saOY4LO.jpg

Duchess

It's pretty fun aside from some bad voice acting for a few characters like Terminator Resistance.
I'm still surprised at how well that game turned out in the end. I bought it after seeing the disparity between the critics reviews and the players on Steam.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It's a great budget game from a small studio, cannot wait. It's wild how it's become one of my most anticipated games this year. Especially after the demo. Much like Terminator Resistance, it just has this element of the studio really giving a shit about the IP and doing their best with what they have.

Edit: OH SHIT, CAIN WTF?!

Last edited:

Madonis

This looks 10x better than that garbage they called Robocop 3. If it reviews well, sign me up!

The game really is Robocop 2.5 from the sound of things, which is probably a much better way to close out the series.

Hell...Robocop 3 even managed to make normally cool stuff like jetpacks and ninjas....come across as just plain boring!

Last edited:

Vick

So can't wait. 4AM tonight I'll finally get to play. Came home saw the PS5 version finally preloaded along with the art book. That Alex Murphy edition was worth it just to start it early. lol
Man I envy you so damn much.. went with physical so not only no early access for me but for some goddamn reason Amazon expected delivery is now November 6..

nicolas-cage-nic-cage.gif

Please share all details you can about the still completely obscure console version.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I got the Murphy Edition but don't think I will be getting to this one for another month at least. Finishing up other stuff.

Might play it over Christmas. I did get Robocop (NES) on Christmas in 1988 so its kind of a tradition.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Man I envy you so damn much.. went with physical so not only no early access for me but for some goddamn reason Amazon expected delivery is now November 6..

nicolas-cage-nic-cage.gif

Please share all details you can about the still completely obscure console version.

Thanks for the reminder that we all have no clue how this will perform on consoles.

Shouldve released the damn demo on there, but hey, maybe they didnt for a reason...

ElRenoRaven

Thanks for the reminder that we all have no clue how this will perform on consoles.

Shouldve released the damn demo on there, but hey, maybe they didnt for a reason...
I look for it to run decent assuming the technical issue the pc demo had doesn't carry over to the console version.

Vick

Still kind of optimistic about it because:

the tailor-made PS5 version of their Terminator was awesome so I assume we can expect a decent console version as well.

But who knows. Still it's a RoboCop ninth generation game made by passionate people so I'm 100% going to play and enjoy the shit out of it regardless.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My lady is going to mention how much I've spent on games these past several weeks, I'm sure, because I am going to have to add to that tally with this game now.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Shit, I’m tempted to get the early access version now. Their Terminator game was excellent.

If this is anything like T game, make sure to play on the hardest difficulty for ultimate experience.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
I don't know why I didn't expect this, but this game was totally of my radar and now after looking into it, I can't help but think it looks... Awesome?

hlm666

Stutters like shit when hes turning at 18:30 and looks like 720p. God image quality is going to be a fucking mess at the end of this generation if they push base res any damn lower.

edit: not to just pick on consoles, but the trailer has some image quality issues aswell, the easiest is at 56 second in the trailer the reconstruction is failing so bad he's leaving a trail of fairy dust behind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom