• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump budget to cut rail services to hundreds of rural communities

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a minority gay person, I doubt they give me much empathy themselves.

We have to treat these people like children, incapable of making rational choices. These apologists can't absolve them of the fact they went into this with their eyes wide open. It's either racism or apathy towards racism. Ask a Trump supporter how they feel about BLM. Ask them about refugees or immigration. For many of us, their answers aren't a point of political disagreement. As a black man, I don't have that privilege. The crowd of apologists don't want us go call them out on it as to alienate them. "We need their votes, so don't even bring up issues race, let alone calling them racists."

People try to throw Obama in your face, as if their voting for him means they couldn't possibly have racial resentment, but I don't buy that at all. Do you really think Obama spoke on racial issues with the WWC? The last thing he needed to do, as a black man, was to campaign on that. It's why they like guys like Ben Carson, he didn't make them feel the "guilt". People also want to ignore the fact that 2016 was an incredibly racially charged year, with every day feeling like it came with a newly filmed police shooting. Everyone was talking about it and the lines were being drawn in the sand even then. Everyone had an opinion on Colin Kaeperick. Everyone had an opinion on refugees and bathroom bills. All these charged topics "pushed" them to the right, as discussion took center stage.

We don't have to cater to Trump supporters. We have to address the 47% of registered voters who didn't vote. While I don't appreciate their apathy towards Trump, they didn't make the conscious decision to vote for a candidate that was obviously tapping into the racial resentment deep rooted in this country. They at least recognized him as "bad" for reasons anyone with eyes and ears could see. I can work with that.

Kaiterra

Banned
This is a very smart Republican political move. What's winning right now is the division between rural and urban communities. This just furthers that division by keeping the rural electorate isolated.

4a4.gif

DJ stays winning

Just sticky this gift for the next four years.

I don't feel bad, and don't necessarily blame Trump. Money unfortunately moves to where it will do the most good, which is populated areas, which tend to be the most liberal. This is only the continuation of what's going to be a very hard decline for rural areas. People in Rural areas need to understand that it's not going to get better.

I don't feel bad, and don't necessarily blame Trump. Money unfortunately moves to where it will do the most good, which is populated areas, which tend to be the most liberal. This is only the continuation of what's going to be a very hard decline for rural areas. People in Rural areas need to understand that it's not going to get better.
This tilts the electoral college further in favor of Republicans. Each EC vote will need fewer and fewer popular votes in the areas affected. This will make it harder for any Democrat to make an impact.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
All those imaginary jobs that Trump has created and that you want, well now you can't get to them! Progress!

This tilts the electoral college further in favor of Republicans. Each EC vote will need fewer and fewer popular votes in the areas affected. This will make it harder for any Democrat to make an impact.

It's an unfortunate reality we need to deal with, and the onus is on Democrats to deliver a message that resonates.

Transportation, as with anything is dependent on a population to drive investment and maintenance. The Dems need to push hard on transportation infrastructure.

Tovarisc

How pants on head moronic that EC system is? Minority of voters have most power. That doesn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom