• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump changes course again, says health-care repeal must happen before tax overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
cattrump.gif

This guy is too much.

KoopaTheCasual

I think he'll do it. The GOP knows which ones voted against it. They have time to put together a plan to scare them into supporting it next time.
This comment doesn't make much sense. "The GOP knows"? A huge chunk of GOPers were the ones who were against it, including the Freedom Caucus. You move even MORE conservative than the AHCA, you lose even MORE moderate republicans. You move progressive or stay where you are, and you still lose the Freedom Caucus.

Not to mention Trump has gone on record of publicly attacking the Freedom Caucus, saying "we" have to fight them and the democrats.

There is zero chance right now of it passing, which means we're with Obamacare going into the midterm elections.

I think he'll do it. The GOP knows which ones voted against it. They have time to put together a plan to scare them into supporting it next time.

What plan? The whole point is that they couldn't scare them no matter what. They held meetings, they played good cop bad cop, they had Trump, Bannon, Kellyanne, Spicer, Pence, fucking everyone talk to these people, not one would budge.

I'm really curious to see what plan you think they'll cook up, because they couldn't come up with one at all the first time they tried this. The problem wasn't that they didn't know who was going to vote against it, the problem is that the people voting against it didn't fucking care about Trump or what he had to say.

“Health care is going to happen at some point,” Trump said. “Now, if it doesn't happen fast enough, I'll start the taxes. But the tax reform and the tax cuts are better if I can do health care first.”

I like this. It's like he knows already it's not gonna happen, so he's giving himself wiggle room. And it even sounds like he's come to terms that it's not going to happen, and is prepping for that eventuality. "It would be better if it did, but it might not."

RPGCrazied

Disaster. Good luck. Love to see him fail again on this, like his travel ban. Does this guy have any political capital at all? He hasn't done shit.

Disaster. Good luck. Love to see him fail again on this, like his travel ban. Does this guy have any political capital at all? He hasn't done shit.

Nope he's a dumpster fire. He changes his stance on everything on a daily basis I think the recent stupidity is directly linked to Kushner taking time off to observe the Passover so the weirdo nationalists have Trumps ear again for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom