• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump changes course again, says health-care repeal must happen before tax overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnannola

This title doesn't seem to be accurate. Here is what he said:

“Health care is going to happen at some point,” Trump said. “Now, if it doesn't happen fast enough, I'll start the taxes. But the tax reform and the tax cuts are better if I can do health care first.”

That doesn't seem like "health-care repeal must happen before tax overhaul".

Pastry

Banned
This title doesn't seem to be accurate. Here is what he said:

That doesn't seem like "health-care repeal must happen before tax overhaul".

But isn't the tax code he wants impossible to pass without healthcare repeal?

And isn't it too late for all this anyway?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
2 weeks from now: We're holding on healthcare to focus on taxes

Another 2 weeks: We're holding on taxes to focus on healthcare

They just need to keep repeating this for 4 years and no one will be the wiser!

gcubed

If he gets the freedom caucus on board it will be on the political heads of the republicans to face the public humiliation of stopping the repeal of the evil Obamacare (according to the republican voters they depend). They have the power to ratify it, all the pressure will shift to the republican senators, they won't vote no.

It's over. Republicans can't pass this alone, so it's dead

johnsmith

remember me
Nothing stops this train

l-train.jpg

gaugebozo

News from 2022: "Self proclaimed president of Shady Acres Retirement Home, Donald Trump, says that he can't possibly take his blood pressure medication until he's repealed and replaced Obamacare."

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
16D chess.
At this point in the chess game, he's fallen out of his chair, curled up in the fetal position, and is wetting himself while trying to eat a bishop and scream obscenities about Obama at the same time.

And Trump supporters still think that he's a genius who's just playing at a level they don't understand.

Ac30

At least he's really fucking incompetent.

They are going to fail to pass a budget with both houses and the presidency aren't they?

How many votes do they need in this senate for a budget? I'd hope they can get at least the Republican senators in line, otherwise that would be pathetic

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope he keeps going like this for the next four years. Scrapping plans and moving onto something else as he gets bored and never doing anything.

Couleurs

I'll start the taxes. But the tax reform and the tax cuts are better if I can do health care first

Why does Donald always talk like the Iron Sheik tweets, everything is "the ____".

FUCK THE HULK HOGAN
ILL START THE TAXES

This motherfucker thinks some cheap wins in the Senate and few missles are good a win. I hope he goes ahead and this blows up in his face again.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
If I could time travel I'd print up everything I could about the results of this election and why Hillary lost and shove it in their faces in 2015. We'd hopefully be avoiding this pathetic shitshow then.

You would use your time travel to try and save the republic from itself instead of getting rich as fuck and peace-ing-out to the Bahamas? This is noble as fuck. 👍

At this point I am getting tired of watching a manchild try to run a government.
"Better than some woman!" *spits in dirty boot used as spitoon*

zashga

Thank god the republicans are so dysfunctional and incompetent. They could be doing a lot more damage than they actually are.

If he gets the freedom caucus on board it will be on the political heads of the republicans to face the public humiliation of stopping the repeal of the evil Obamacare (according to the republican voters they depend). They have the power to ratify it, all the pressure will shift to the republican senators, they won't vote no.

The Freedom Caucus isn't going to be okay with anything less than just repealing Obamacare totally and not replacing it period, as well as cutting back on any kind of Medicare expansion. That's what their goal is at the end of the day. That shit ain't going to fly with anyone else, even if said replacement is a giant pile of shit.

slit

No, it's not going to work that way. Those senators knows what happens if they mess this up. The moderate senators are not as dumb as the Freedom Caucus.

And we see again why Mitch won't touch the legislative filibuster for the foreseeable future. I doubt a bill will ever pass the House, but the Senators need that cover just in case.

gimmmick

Strip more of the law to cater the freedom caucus. Does this administration know house representative work for the people that use? (Who is up for reflection next year).

Eusis

You would use your time travel to try and save the republic from itself instead of getting rich as fuck and peace-ing-out to the Bahamas? This is noble as fuck. 👍
Well, this IS a prime example of "why not both?" Especially when the goal is to live in comfort, and a world where Trump is president isn't good for that.

old

I think he'll do it. The GOP knows which ones voted against it. They have time to put together a plan to scare them into supporting it next time.

I think he'll do it. The GOP knows which ones voted against it. They have time to put together a plan to scare them into supporting it next time.

To scare them into supporting it? The Freedom Caucus? Lol, man, some of ya'll really didn't get what happened the last go around, did you?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Well, this IS a prime example of "why not both?" Especially when the goal is to live in comfort, and a world where Trump is president isn't good for that.
Fair enough. Good luck friend, Remember us stuck in this timeline
unless your actions simply obliterate us when you create a new reality.

And Trump supporters still think that he's a genius who's just playing at a level they don't understand.

I would expect that anyone who looks up to Trump probably genuinely doesn't understand his level of play. In the land of the ignorant, the elementary school graduate is king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom