• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump praises Duterte for an 'unbelievable job' on drug issue

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...for-an-unbelievable-job-on-drug-issue-8878798

Knew this would happen.

MANILA: United States President Donald Trump praised Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte for doing an "unbelievable job on the drug problem" during a phone conversation last month, the New York Times reported, quoting a transcript of the call.

"I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the drug problem," the New York Times quoted Trump as saying, based on the transcript of the April 29 call. “Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that."

Praise me if old.

Yes because telling everyone in a country to kill everyone you even slightly suspect being a drug dealer/user totally is a reasonable thing to do and won't lead to a host of other problems.

While I have no doubts he's genuinely praising the way Duterte got rid of the 'undesirables' in his eyes, Trump is also known to suck the dick of absolutely everybody he meets/talks to in private.

Keasar

So let's recap.

He calls Kim Jong Un a "gentleman". Not ironically.
He probably thinks Saudi Arabia was great because there were no protesters there (political protesters gets beheaded).
He calls Sisi a friend.
He thinks Duterte is doing a great job.

America really did elect a President-wanting-to-be-Dictator.

"I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the problem. Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that."

This quote is even funnier if you take out the word "drug." He doesn't have a damn clue what he's talking about. Imagine him calling other leaders with this.

Merkel: "...Why the fuck are you calling me? It's 3 in the fucking morning."

I'm starting to wonder if he actually knows who these people are and what they're doing, or if he's so fucking ignorant he just showers every foreign leader with praise to hide the fact he doesn't know what he's prasing

Moosichu

While I have no doubts he's genuinely praising the way Duterte got rid of the 'undesirables' in his eyes, Trump is also known to suck the dick of absolutely every dictator he meets/talks to in private.

ftfy. It's worth pointing out, he insulted many of America's allies in private.

Zolo

While I have no doubts he's genuinely praising the way Duterte got rid of the 'undesirables' in his eyes, Trump is also known to suck the dick of absolutely everybody he meets/talks to in private.

Yep. I imagine any criticism for this comment is going to be defended as 'He's just trying to be nice for diplomacy and good deals!'

E-Cat

Gold Member
Re-posting from the other thread:

Trump on Duterte's Murderous Drug War: "You Are Doing an Amazing Job!"

IN A PHONE CALL from the White House late last month, U.S. President Donald Trump heaped praise on Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, one of the world’s most
murderous heads of state, for doing what Trump called an “unbelievable job” in his war on drugs
. Trump offered an unqualified endorsement of Duterte’s bloody extermination
campaign against suspected drug dealers and users, which has included open calls for extrajudicial murders and promises of pardons and immunity for the killers.

“You are a good man,” Trump told Duterte, according to an official transcript of the April 29 call produced by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs and obtained by The
Intercept. “Keep up the good work Trump told Duterte. “You are doing an amazing job

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
gee, I wonder what two obese dudes would say about the similar description towards junk food.

They'd be livid.

ftfy. It's worth pointing out, he insulted many of America's allies in private.

It seems, rather, that he insults them in public and then cowers to ingratiate himself in private (or at least face-to-face), as with Merkel.

I will say: it is the opposite of politics, which is what he promised his idiot base. It's also the opposite of intelligent.

Even if you're doing it for bullshit diplomacy, there are somethings you don't praise.

Talk about how good their schools are, or how amazing their health care is, don't praise for their murder!

I am fucking seething right now, to the point that I know I need to actively watch my words because the things I'm involuntarily thinking should not be repeated.

My mother is a recovering addict. My stepfather is a recovering addict. Both of my fiancee's parents are recovering addicts. I have known too many friends who have watched someone close to them struggle with addiction. The subject of drug addiction is something I never had the fortune to choose as a pet cause, it has literally defined the lives of my family and my closest friends.

I've read plenty of stories about what's happening in the Phillipines. Not even the most nefarious cartoon villain of a drug dealer deserves Duterte's literal roving death squads, much less the regular addicts (already victims of their addiction) who are caught up in all this.

If the US adopted Duterte's stance and policies, there's a good chance that my mother (a saint of a woman who worked her whole life as a nurse and volunteers heavily at rehabilitation centers since her sobriety) could well have been executed in front of me when I was little due to her addiction to hard drugs like Meth and Heroin.

So yeah, this topic makes me a little more emotional than most. I can only assume that Trump literally has no fucking idea what is actually happening in the Phillipines, because there's no chance his fatty congealed heart is black enough to actually praise this while understanding it.

MarionCB

This is truly unforgivably by Trump. Even if, as you have to assume, he has no fucking idea what is going on over there. Even in isolation from the cavalcade of shit that has been the Trump Presidency and everything else he has done, this one vile statement damns him.

There was a 50-something Taxi driver who had registered for the drug program a couple of years earlier, to get help with an addiction. This year, he was sitting in his home holding his grandchild when armed, masked men kicked open his door, said something like "Goodbye, bro" and shot him in the chest, killing him. Or the 17-year-old girl who was walking with her boyfriend who had suffered addiction problems, when they were both gunned down in the street. Just a couple of stories that you need to replicate thousands of times with their own specific details and human lives destroyed, families devastated, and this is what Trump is praising.

He actually deliberately called up Duterte and specifically praised him for this: for his death squads outright murdering thousands of people.

I'm seething with rage, yet again, over this fuckstick's actions. He's not fit to be a human being, let alone President.

not trying to defend trump at all, but to me it's just that he's extremly ignorant and stupid rather than a guy who wants to kill every drug user

i'm sure he doesn't know at all what duterte's methods are (each weeks he say something stupid/wrong about things he doesn't know, he doesn't care, he doesn't consult anyone to make sure what he says is right)

regardless, that's still scary to know that he's president

darkwing

just a reminder, no one has been convicted for a drug related EJK here since Duterte, he has vowed to pardon any cop doing 'good' work

Even if he doesn't know, it doesn't stop this being the US president's stance towards the drug user killings in Philippines. Everyone else in the world is going to see that the US condone it... no, they praise it.

Jonnax

Saudi Arabia doesn't have protesters.
Political opponents can get killed in the street in the Philippines.
Turkey made their leader a dictator.

He has insulted countries which share a lot of social values with the US. But praised authoritarian places.

You can pretend to be shocked when he says these kinds of things or accept that's how the majority of Republican politicians feel. Just that Trump says it out loud.

Standards have been lowered. I heard that, the infowars guy got White House Press Credentials and hours later was mocking the "liberals" killed in Manchester because they brought it upon themselves.

How long will it be before conservatives start saying 9/11 wasn't so bad because it happened in New York so they must have mostly been Liberal?

Is it just me thinking this should be a way bigger deal? Where's the rest of the media calling this out? It kind of tells you everything you need to know about his ideals.

Engell

Trump is just the best /s
uC3FSye.jpg

BigDug13

He really has no clue what is happening over there. American media would have to report it for him to know about it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I have no doubt if Trump could get away with killing people he didn't like in the streets he would most definitely do it.

Futureman

I honestly think this story is one of the worst things Trump has said but it probably won't go anywhere as it's based off a leak from a phone transcript. Disgusting.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It's really something to see how he acts like a spoiled, abusive child AT BEST with all US allies, while endlessly groveling to dictators and oppressive regimes.

So let's recap.

He calls Kim Jong Un a "gentleman". Not ironically.
He probably thinks Saudi Arabia was great because there were no protesters there (political protesters gets beheaded).
He calls Sisi a friend.
He thinks Duterte is doing a great job.

America really did elect a President-wanting-to-be-Dictator.

Don't forget his #1 crush, Vladimir.

Top Bottom