• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Prime has really stepped it up recently

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
November:

• Control Ultimate Edition
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Brakes Are For Losers
  • Demon Hunter 2: New Chapter
  • Liberated
  • Puzzle Agent 2
  • Rogue Heroes
  • Secret Files: Sam Peters

October:

- Star Wars: Squadrons
- Ghostrunner
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
+ others

Not to sound like a shill but it's wild that this is trading punches with other sub services like Humble, PS+, GWG, etc and it's just included with Prime which many people have anyway. These had gotten so bad and it was just a bunch of shit for GaaS games and f2p games that I stopped even checking it for a long time.

Wildebeest

I happen to like puzzle games ported from mobile to PC.

Guess they changed their strategy this summer when they started handing out Origin keys for Battlefield games. Previously it was only games that were delivered with their own app. Last month they started handing out keys for all sorts.

Bragr

Banned
It's the same fucking games given out on all the various services over and over and over.

Games like Inquisition are not some amazing freebie, but free promotion for the new Dragon Age game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It's the same fucking games given out on all the various services over and over and over.

Games like Inquisition are not some amazing freebie, but free promotion for the new Dragon Age game.

That is nowhere near ready for release. DAI is an easy include in free games as it still looks good and is a meaty RPG; seems like a no-brainer to give it out when EA allows. I'll be grabbing it as I never finished the original back when it released and now have a PC that can actually handle it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I have been sunbed for a while because of the in game loot and only recently discovered how good the games they give out are. Fml.

It's nice to see it gives you nice in game loot and also decent games.

Humble bundle has been hot garbage since they changed to humble monthly. I paused my early discount sub so many times and sometimes I forgot about it so I got some of the shit bundles. I unsubbed and never regretted it.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I have been sunbed for a while because of the in game loot and only recently discovered how good the games they give out are. Fml.

It's nice to see it gives you nice in game loot and also decent games.

Humble bundle has been hot garbage since they changed to humble monthly. I paused my early discount sub so many times and sometimes I forgot about it so I got some of the shit bundles. I unsubbed and never regretted it.
Agreed. Humble has been absolute trash. Been subscribed for years and 2021 was the first time I ever paused, and it was for multiple months.

bender

What time is it?
You kinda do, but we still like you.
kinda-iffy.gif

CitizenZ

Banned
Have you been watching Amazon Prime release? I know for a fact I said when MS announced GP the biggest threat was from Amazon if they just simply rolled games into their Prime service. Uh Oh!

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I admit, I get a little excited when I see in-game loot to claim for a game I enjoy. Like the Robin Hood gear skins for New World. Sometimes it's the little things.

Wildebeest

Have you been watching Amazon Prime release? I know for a fact I said when MS announced GP the biggest threat was from Amazon if they just simply rolled games into their Prime service. Uh Oh!
Amazon prime doesn't include day one releases. When they released "new world" it was on steam and all you got on prime was some skin or something. It isn't the same thing.

Ellery

Okay yeah Control and Tomb Raider are pretty crazy. I already played those games, but awesome for those that have not and are getting the "free" chance to do it now

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Some good stuff; it’s nice a couple companies do this and if you passed on a game gives you a chance to hit it in the back.

drotahorror

Hope Control is a gog key.

For October, Star Wars Squadrons was obviously an Origin key. Ghostrunner was GoG (thank goodness), and Alien Isolation was EGS.

Just when I thought I'd already been given Control on everything under the sun, Amazon pops up to remind me that my Prime doesn't have it yet :messenger_grinning_sweat:

BigEmil

Wonder for what platforms they can be redeemed on. Doubt it would be Steam keys sadly, would be great if it was

I wanna know why I got my account suspended... I got an email saying my account has been suspended because of "fraud"... It said that I've been buying and selling subscriptions. I never once used the service.. I only used this for the freebies that Twitch Prime gave me for Fortnut and Apex Legends!

Javthusiast

Banned
I am claiming all these prime and Epic games left and right and not play any of them.

Drowning in the sea of game pass, plus, digital sales, free games etc. I imagine telling my younger self, who got like 2-3 new games a year on birthdays, christmas etc., that in the future you will get bombarded with games everywhere and his head would probably explode. xD

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Games are now available

Control Ultimate Edition is GOG
Rise of the Tomb Raider is Epic Games Store
Dragon Age is Origin
Rest are Amazon's own launcher

Solid month

Top Bottom