• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter will charge for SMS 2FA

Mossybrew

Guys, guys - here's that one secret they don't want you to know - you can delete the Twitter app and your life will go on as normal but just slightly better because you don't use the Twitter. Try it!

Ballthyrm

Twitter blue penny pinching has been a sight to behold

Apparently if we listen to Elon it is costing them 60 Million $ a year.

They are doing what every company in the world is doing, pushing the cost down the customer.

Last edited:

phaedrus

Guys, guys - here's that one secret they don't want you to know - you can delete the Twitter app and your life will go on as normal but just slightly better because you don't use the Twitter. Try it!

QJeckmL.jpg

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Apparently if we listen to Elon it is costing them 60 Million $ a year.

They are doing what every company in the world is doing, pushing the cost down the customer.

I'd like it if he backed this claim up. I've never heard of telco companies demanding money from platform holders because they and their users were making heavy use of existing utilities that they're already paying for. They always bill the individual for their use given their agreed upon contracts. This would be something different from, again, what I am aware of.

But it's Musk. 99% chance he's just making things up.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I mainly use Authentication apps. If a company wants to charge for extra security, then I may have second thoughts using their service.

Top Bottom