• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tyler Perry To Play Colin Powell In Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney Pic

http://deadline.com/2017/10/tyler-p...ristian-bale-adam-mckay-annapurna-1202185903/

EXCLUSIVE: Adam McKay has set Tyler Perry to play Colin Powell in the untitled movie about former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney for Annapurna. Powell is the four-star general who as Bush Administration Secretary of State pressed the case for the 2003 invasion of Iraq, based on intelligence that Saddam Hussein was manufacturing weapons of mass destruction. None of the weapons Powell cited in his presentation to the United Nations was recovered after Iraq was routed. Perry will costar alongside Christian Bale, who plays Cheney, Amy Adams as his wife Lynne, Sam Rockwell as George W. Bush and Steve Carell as Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

Current Cast:
Christian Bale - Dick Cheney
Amy Adams - Lynne Cheney
Sam Rockwell - George W. Bush
Steve Carell - Ronald Rumsfeld
Tyler Perry - Colin Powell
Bill Pullman - Nelson Rockefeller
LisaGay Hamilton - Condoleezza Rice

This is going to either be amazing or a trainwreck. I'm in.

GrapeApes

I read it as Tyler Perry to play Dick Cheney. Very disappointed. Was looking forward to Madea "accidentally" shooting someone during a hunt.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
lol @ Bale

christian-bale-29ff3be8-0a90-47c1-85b5-dc75dcc9b967.jpg

I almost didn't recognize him.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Sam Rockwell as GW is all I care about and that says something as pretty much all of the casting is pretty crazy and great.

FairyD

I liked Tyler in Star Trek and the TMNT movie where he played Dr. Baxter.

He was okay as Alex Cross. I think he can pull off Colin Powell easily.

Mesousa

Banned
In my mind Powell was very light skinned and Perry very dark. Google has left me inconclusive on the matter.

Yeah Perry is darker than Colin, but I wouldnt call him very dark. I'd save that label for a Cheadle or Snipes. Perry is just average I guess. Colin is high yellow.

I won't be able to suspend my disbelief.

Was reading an article with Bale discussing how much more difficult it is for him to lose the weight he gains these days. I know that feel...

Top Bottom