• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Ubi Forward] Riders Republic announced

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Riders-Republic-Pack-Art.jpg

• Open world
  • February 25 Later this year, for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS5, and Xbox Series X
  • Up to 50 players to race against each other by bike, snowboard, or wingsuit
  • Iconic US National Parks
  • Completely customisable character
  • Death-defying stunts and races

RIDERSREPUBLIC_MASS-RACE_MASSSOCIAL.jpg
RIDERSREPUBLIC_VISTA_YOSEMITE.jpg

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Dear Ubisoft..
if you want money so bad just open strip clubs but please stop spreading shits in every Ubi forward .. every game in there almost turned into battle royals and free to play

spons

Gold Member
Because they pay millions of dollars to have people in very nice suits research and study with age based focus groups to decide what looks and elements get the biggest reaction from the biggest marketshare.
back in the boomer days, developers made games because they like the concept, art, gameplay and story themselves instead of dumping ideas on 30 focus groups and grinding the result into a single package.

CamHostage

This is Steep 2 obviously but since that game bombed they try it with a new name.

Kind of the same as they did with The Crew 2; make a game that does one thing, then expand it to try to do everything.

I like this a lot, though, especially the Fall Guys type of mass-player events; gives me a little bit of Downhill Domination vibes (though no way will stages be designed with such precision and skill challenge.) Not much of a name and kind of the wrong introduction, but this is totally my type of gaming jam and I hope it's good.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Man fuck that battle royale shit.
I just wanted Steep 2. It was so chill. Cruise and those events at your own leisure.
The battle royale part better be secondary.
I'll fuck them up.

Reactions: GHG

CamHostage

Man fuck that battle royale shit.
I just wanted Steep 2. It was so chill. Cruise and those events at your own leisure.
The battle royale part better be secondary.
I'll fuck them up.
From the long preview it looks like there's regular single-player racing in it, and maybe some other sort of trick stuff. (Look for the section in the video where a biker is going solo and doing some tricky traversal, as well as in the very beginning he's doing a high-wire crossing, then also I believe there was a short bit where a boarder was just doing lip tricks?)

Last edited:

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Looks okay honestly. Kinda janky... okay... really janky. But okay.

Man... I just want a realistic Mountain Biking game.

Sure I loved Downhill Domination when I was a kid, but I want something super realistic where you can tune your suspension, change out your tires for different situations, and also more realistic controls that require you to choose the best line. So something like SKATE, but with a bike. DO IT SOMEBODY!

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
it's Steep but bikes
I was really hyped for Steep before it turned out to be a $60 live service

Vaelka

Why does everything look like Fortnite and panders to sub 16 year olds?

I think that it's because they're trying to be '' realistic '' while at the same time make things look fun and like everyone ain't just wearing t-shirts and jeans, so it all becomes this weird mess of '' lol such random ''.
It honestly looks like a jumbled mess.

In reality irl fashion is pretty boring and monotonous unless you're dressing up to be fancy, but they still want to retain the sporty feel.

CamHostage

No Switch again, of course. It would have been nice if the engine had worked out better this time (the Switch was supposed to get Steep and then it was quietly canceled after delays) but the mass-rider races and all the character options and just the overall look & stage variety, everything about Riders is another level up and shooting for next-gen, so it makes way more sense this time that the game is too steep for Switch.

Last edited:
The aesthetic of every single game on Ubisoft Forward was vomit inducing to me, and their presentations seem so lacking and dull that I found myself skipping through until a game trailer pops up.

I don't think I want to watch any more of their streams moving Forward.

Kinda feels like Tony Hawk arcade type fun rather than technical + friends. I wouldn't pay launch full price but I'll give it a run on discount.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Probably day one on PS5.
I though for a sec it doesn't follow in Steep's footsteps and goes in a BR direction but reading the official website clears things up.
It's pretty much a successor with additional MMO elements which is fine by me.
I think Steep is by far the most relaxing current-gen game. Alright, it has some competition like Abzu. But it's still so relaxing.

the_master

It is like they try to do a Coolboarders/Amped3/SSX but Ubisoft can't nail the look and feel, they make it realistic-booring with wacky characters. What about the environments? Couldn't we see some loopings, lights, colors, insane constructions and some more crazy shit?

bender

What time is it?
Dwon
Reminds me of this game

I actually purchased this game earlier this year because I was itching for some classic arcade goodness. The damned disc was scratched and wouldn't boot past the main menu. It's an underrated gem for sure though.

There is a $120.00 edition of this Ubisoft game. Jesus.

thief183

...it looks interesting, apart from the art style, really interesting.... Steep was interesting too, to bad it bombed :(

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Would have preferred another Steep (I fucking love that game), but this looks neat as well.

Edit: Ok, this is clearly Steep 2 with mountain bikes added. Which could be cool, but my favorite part of Steep was the snowboarding (the wingsuit stuff etc was just a diversion that didn't really hold my attention much), and it seems like this has far less of a focus on that.

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

tryDEATH

This looks like a shit ton of silly fun and exactly what we need. Brings back some of the lost arcade fun we had on the old generations. Really looking forward to this.

Top Bottom