• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft announces a Global Creative Office

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a press release, the company stated that “the overall goal is to boost creativity and ensure the highest level of quality in the execution and delivery of Ubisoft’s games”.

Ubisoft is seeking to move away from “a centralised organization to better support the key segments of Ubisoft’s portfolio strategy”.

It added: “Building on the group’s vision, each pole will leverage its expertise to dive into the specificities of its audiences, game design and tech.”

Kurotri

Judging by this and the way they talked about Assassin's Creed's development process for the future regarding AC Infinity, it seems Ubisoft wants to move away from the "5 dudes somewhere in Paris dictactes how every game gets made" system. I'm not even joking, the reason why Ubisoft games feel like they come out of a factory and every game feels kinda samey is because this was quite literally dictated from above. I hope Ubisoft can pull this off because there's some obviously creative and very talentet people working over there.

Generally having everyone work in one office can make more creative products; however, it does depend on who is left behind and who are the decision makers at the new central office. If the new office is run by people who believe in a "unified approach". What usually happens is no creativity and no chance for development of talent at the companies' smaller offices.

Aenima

Since they failed to shove NFTs down our throats, they now figuring out new creative ways to shove NTFs up our Assassins Creeds.

They have to promote new people with new ideas and stop making the same game every year with different name. They have thousands of devs, they can make awesome games but someone decided that they have to be assassin's Creed slaves.

I have some creative ideas: lets add Battle-passes to singleplayer games. Also, microtransactions now expire. Also game mechanics like stealth require you to buy DLC.

Hire me Ubisoft I can do this all day.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Terrific. Nothing says "be creative" like monthly meetings with the Representative from the Office of Creativity to check over your creative output.

DaGwaphics

Going to get a old fashioned round table going to determine the best ways to sell us new outfits and trinkets get that creativity flowing.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Diemer, who has previously worked on Crysis, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Battlefield V, and Horizon: Zero Dawn as both a creative director and game designer, will primarily focus on in-game social experiences for Ubisoft’s service games going forward.

“I am honored to join Ubisoft and gain the opportunity to collaborate with talented global teams to shape the future of social experience in Ubisoft’s games,” said Diemer in a statement.

“They’re known to be catalysts for dynamic and diverse communities, enabled by innovative features and powerful brands that allow players to come together. I am excited to partner with the group’s teams around the world to bring social experience in our games to new heights.”

Top Bottom