• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft suffers security breach, 900GB Stolen

Draugoth

Gold Member
90021_432_ubisoft-may-sell-game-franchises-to-reduce-costs.png

Ubisoft is investigating whether it suffered a breach after images of the company's internal software and developer tools were leaked online.

We are aware of an alleged data security incident and are currently investigating. We don't have more to share at this time,"

vx-tweet.jpg

Ubisoft said in a statement to BleepingComputer. In a tweet, vx-underground says that an unknown threat actor told them that they breached Ubisoft on December 20th. Once inside the company’s systems, they said they planned to exfiltrate around 900GB of data.

Source

Last edited:

HL3.exe

Yo, hackers are on it lately.
Not good.

Edit: 'not good' as in, security is lax or not up to snuff. Personally don't care if details leak, as Unseen64 enjoyer. I wish companies were more open. However, I condemn leaking personally info. That's terrible and scary for the people involved.

Last edited:
I'm all up for a linkedin leak or a YouTube snaffu but the illegally accessed stuff is where I draw my line.

I suspect there'll be a lot more of these.

Z O N E

"They aimed to exfiltrate 900Gb, but lost access"

Does this mean they didn't steal anything?

Probably means they wanted to copy all 900GB of files, but were stopped a certain way through it and only managed to get what they could.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
The individual had access for roughly 48 hours until administration realized something was off and access was revoked.

Yeah, they realized it was Ubisoft trash and kicked him out for his own good.

Topher

Gold Member
Why, they only want to suck our wallets dry, they don't even care about using that money for proper security. But I'm salty in general right now and everything pisses me off...

I didn't know about this. So content they removed is available again?

They never removed it. They said they were going to, but reversed course, thankfully.

Top Bottom