• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uematsu Soft-Confirms Return for the Trilogy Finale, Nojima and Nomura "Already Hard at Work"

Source - Noisy Pixel

The official Square Enix Music YouTube channel recently posted a 42-minute video interview featuring Final Fantasy VII Rebirth composer Nobuo Uematsu, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, and creative director Tetsuya Nomura.

The trio discussed various notable subject matter that fans would want to peruse, with official English subtitles included. From creating the theme song, “No Promises to Keep,” to reflecting on the original Final Fantasy VII, there’s an almost intimidating degree of conversation to take in here.

Near the end of the conversation, Nomura notes that he “wants to be done with this absolute marathon of projects” and informally asks Uematsu if he’ll return for the third game, a “gentlemen’s agreement,” as he calls it. Uematsu agrees, soft-confirming his return for the finale of the Final Fantasy VII Remake trilogy. Further, Nomura and Nojima say they’re already working hard on it.

GKFNYV0WAAAVjfI

Hugare

I love how Nomura thinks he is the real life version of Sasuke with all the "edginess" lol

Dude cant have his whole face filmed, it wouldn't be as cool as just from behind.

Could hear those 3 talking about FF trivia all day. Absolut legends.

I love how Nomura thinks he is the real life version of Sasuke with all the "edginess" lol

Dude cant have his whole face filmed, it wouldn't be as cool as just from behind.

Could hear those 3 talking about FF trivia all day. Absolut legends.
Yea that's what makes Nomura based. Anytime he has to tone shit down it makes it lamer, embrace the edge even in your 50s.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
This was a great interview. It's been 10 years and Nomura still just wants a vacation lol.

consoul

I thought the thread title was saying Uematsu had unofficially confirmed the third title would be called "Return". The capitalisation threw me.

sigmaZ

Hell yeah baby. I just found out that Nobuo Uematsu did the soundtrack for the anime Guin Saga, and it's really good.

Top Bottom