• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 144: Lightweight Title - Edgar vs. Bendo - 2.25 - Dancing On The Corpse's Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Rogan needs to get off the featherweight division and weight drop for Edgar. Talked about it way too much during the fight and, of course, had to ask him right after he lost. What answer was he expecting to get? hah!

Edgar is a moron if he believed his corner and they were telling him he was winning the fight. I know point fighting is apparently the next big thing in MMA after the Diaz decision, but point fighting doesn't mean shit when your face looks like it went through a meat grinder, and the other dude looks like he just got out of bed.

Dysun

FightMetric will show that Edgar landed more strikes and take downs.
Facial damage is supposed to be irrelevant in judging the outcome of the fight.

That said I think Ben still won

Balehead

Edgar is a moron if he believed his corner and they were telling him he was winning the fight. I know point fighting is apparently the next big thing in MMA after the Diaz decision, but point fighting doesn't mean shit when your face looks like it went through a meat grinder, and the other dude looks like he just got out of bed.

I totally agree with Bendo winning, but you can't really expect Frankie to know a damn thing about the fight after taking some of those shots. Dude probably doesn't know he's in Japan right now.

MjFrancis

The power of Christ compelled Smooth to win.

I got so many picks wrong tonight, I was just glad that Bader and Henderson were correct.

Mad respect for Frankie Edgar. He's a class act and truly a pound for pound great. He just got careless and took a bitchin' upkick. Smooth won, but just barely in my opinion.

If it were PRIDE rules he would have won by a country mile.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Jesus also blessed Ben Henderson's Wikipeida page with praise.

"Henderson defeated Frankie Edgar on February 26, 2012 at UFC 144 to become the new lightweight champion. Henderson left the fight unmarked while the former champion was battered and bruised in what was one of the best fights in UFC history."

yacobod

Banned
i really think the up kick is what won the fight for smooth henderson. w/out that i think the fight plays out somewhat differently. that kick did a lot of damage and cosmetic damage.

i can't complain, good guy, good win, hope they don't tie up the division with rematches again.

100161.png

BRING BACK MOTIVATED BJ!
LLShC.gif

Purexed

Banned
Let's not shit up the thread with the religion battle. Yeah the thanking God thing is a sports cliche, but whatever, it's part of the script.

Looking forward to Jones vs Evans!

Yeah, the only facets I thought Henderson did well in were facial damage and spazzing out at the end of every round. The upkick was totally oversold by Goldberg/Rogan IMO - he never seemed to be rocked and dominated the previous ~4:45.

I'll post the stats once the sites are no longer down.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Edgar landed maybe one punch with power behind it all night.

I think that's hilarious how they're equal in the statlog when Henderson did more damage standing on one leg than Edgar did all night.

I think that's hilarious how they're equal in the statlog when Henderson did more damage standing on one leg than Edgar did all night.
I don't think either of them looked rocked at any point in the fight really...you can get a bad cut from a single elbow to the eye socket so that's pretty meaningless as well.

Instro

Yeah, the only facets I thought Henderson did well in were facial damage and spazzing out at the end of every round. The upkick was totally oversold by Goldberg/Rogan IMO - he never seemed to be rocked and dominated the rest of that round.

His legs crumpled and he went face down on the mat, if that's not rocked then I dont know what is. He could very well have been finished there if there was more time left in the round.

I don't think either of them looked rocked at any point in the fight really...you can get a bad cut from a single elbow to the eye socket so that's pretty meaningless as well.

His eye wasn't cut, it was swollen shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom