• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 213 OT - Nunes vs Shevchenko. The Lioness, the Uber, and the The Soldier of God

Night.Ninja

Banned
Feel for Romero, should have got a title shot already. Hate the way UFC fucks things up.

Bisbing 😂 Selling the fight already

Macattk15

Both fighters get respect for that one. Bisping is a tool and not very good.

Can't wait till that belt goes away from him.

That dude is my new favorite fighter. Humble and fun to watch.

Fuck.... He might also be my new favorite fighter! Probably second to Korean Superboy lol.

the sport needs guys like Bisping to make guys like Whitakker more compelling. Bisping pulled a horseshoe out of his ass and has been living it up since. He's probably on borrowed time as a champion.

I know lol. It should get some decent numbers for Dana. People are going to want to see Nice Guy Whittaker beat the shit out of The Count, right?

alienxx45

Good for Whitaker, solid run to the interim belt. Odd that Romero knew he hurt the knee but instead of kicking it he kept just trying to grab it for a take down.

Chumley

Banned
Considering who Bobby has beaten, I'm really not sure who takes him. Rockhold maybe, but I doubt it. He's beaten Jacare and Yoel.

I think he could be champ for a long time. Yoel was seen as the scariest guy in the entire UFC short of Rumble and Jon Jones. Whittaker is the demon slayer.

Good for Whitaker, solid run to the interim belt. Odd that Romero knew he hurt the knee but instead of kicking it he kept just trying to grab it for a take down.

He played himself essentially. He knew but, I think he wanted the TD to get some breathing room and to catch his breath. I felt like he knew he couldn't catch Whittaker cleanly with his striking and was getting lit up so what else to fall back on? His wrestling. I mean he could have also hoped for the miracle punch but Whittaker was just too fast for him.

Tired, wanted the TD for breathing room = Whittaker win tonight.

Urgh, I won't be able to catch next weekends fights with y'all. Gots to go camping. Yaaaaay

FUME5

Australian MMA fighters have traditionally been weak on td defense, good to see that's not the case.

Great use of the teep for him that fight as well.

Whittaker put on a cerebral performance. Super impressive win against a very dangerous opponent. I wish Yoel could still somehow get his shot at fucking up Bisping but right now I'm more interested in seeing these young new champs rise up. Cody, Holloway and Whittaker all had amazing years in 2016 and now they're all champs. That's so impressive and bodes well for the UFC. A generation of true hybrid fighters are on the rise.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Damn I wanted the first cuban UFC champ

it was a really close fight, I am delighted that Bisping won't be champ any more

Top Bottom