• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 260: Miocic vs. Ngannou 2

Miocic or Ngannou?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MastAndo

That short desperation right that Stipe landed toward the end there was nice. I think Francis was momentarily stunned, but like Rogan was saying, that made him get overzealous and come forward, which was the end of him.

You guys wanna see a dead body?

My goodness, that was brutal.
200.gif

Romulus

That short desperation right that Stipe landed toward the end there was nice. I think Francis was momentarily stunned, but like Rogan was saying, that made him get overzealous and come forward, which was the end of him.

I didn't even see that until the second time. I think that's why Francis's initial celebration looked weird like he was still dazed.

GymWolf

O'malley did a fighting clinic on almeida, but it was clearly a tune up fight.

Woodley is done, bellator is his next stop, luque is a savage as usual, this guy never had a boring fight in his career (watch the barbarena one guys).

Stipe didn't had any answer for francis after he stuffed the first takedown...can't wait to see francis concuss jones in a bad way.
Jon was scared to engage in takedowns against santos because he was a power puncher, how he is gonna do something against an even stronger puncher who is gonna train takedown defense for the whole training camp most probably?

mekes

Some dirty hammer fist finishes tonight.

Ngannou was so improved, he really kept himself in the game in moments where he had lost his composure in the first fight. The moment he stopped the takedown attempt and gained control himself, it was obvious that the fight was on. You really need to commend him for that. Also, 2 very respectful and humble great guys at the pinnacle of the heavyweight division, that’s awesome.

And then car crash Jones enters the room 😂

Stipe is gonna be out 6 months minimum after that KO. Stipe will get his chance when he's ready. That trilogy is big bucks for the UFC.

Lewis or Jones gonna be next in the summer, Ngannou wasn't hurt. make it happen in the new Raiders arena.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Nasty by Francis, very good fight. He kept his composure and stuffed the take downs.
I hope Jones will be next. That's gonna be one hell of a fight.

Woodley came to fight and I enjoyed it. But 4 losses in a row means Bellator next. Which is fine by me.

Sean did great, hope his next fight will be soon. He's cocky but has crazy talent.

Arkam

IDK if any of yall frequent Sherdog forums. One of my guilty pleasures is to go there after a UFC belt changes hands to watch all the fair-weather fan threads. The old champ (who was the GOAT the night before) is a washed up can who is a gate keeper at best. And that the new Champ is unbeatable (even by legends in their prime)... which always ages so well. Ngannou looks good and can probably merc a couple HWs... but at HW anyone can turn the lights out with a lucky punch. Also where maintaining cardio 5 rounds becomes a Herculean test.

INC

His size is just stupid, a 30lb difference is just unreal tbh, technique isn't as essential, as long as you can get on top, or lean on them on the cage.

Hgannou did look like a more rounded fighter, but he still relying on his pure size and power. But good to see his tool set expanding

GymWolf

Do you think that a guy like the black beast is gonna be punch shy like miocic? i know jones is not gonna try to rampage francis, but maybe another power puncher...

It's all about courage now, what heavyweight is gonna be game enough to try to knock francis out?!

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Do you think that a guy like the black beast is gonna be punch shy like miocic? i know jones is not gonna try to rampage francis, but maybe another power puncher...

It's all about courage now, what heavyweight is gonna be game enough to try to knock francis out?!

didn't see the match between ngannou and derrick but i remember hearing they were both punch shy with each other because of each others ko power. not too sure who'd be the aggressor in that rematch

pr0cs

didn't see the match between ngannou and derrick
It was a dud, mostly because everyone expected fireworks.
Ngannou I think was still reeling from fighting Stipe the first time and was gunshy, Lewis was having serious back pain stemming from a knee issue of all things.

This time Ngannou is the champ with a good team and Lewis has had knee surgery and lost weight. A rematch should be fireworks.

Top Bottom