• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler

New Lightweight Champ

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pscy9pG.jpg
WhatsApp-Image-2021-03-29-at-4.26.49-PM.jpeg
oMddIox.jpg

Diaz Edwards moved to next ppv, Lightweight Champion at the end of this. Feels a bit bellator.

SpiceRacz

Kind of a weird main event. I don't think either of those guys are better than Dustin, Gaethje, or Conor. Either way, I think Chandler is an awful match up for Oliveira.

I really hope this is a turning point for Tony. He's had such a bad run lately.

I think Olives has the better chance of winning but I'm gonna go with the gut pick of Chandler. Pretty good card though, could be a bit better, but no real complaints.

SpiceRacz

U see what Chandler did to hooker and what oliveira did to tony ?

Did you see Tony's previous fight? I think time has caught up with him. I need to see more from Chandler and I think this will be a good gauge for where Oliveira is really at.

As for the fight, I don't see Oliveira taking Chandler down so easily, if at all. TDD and power advantage I think is going to be the difference here.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I like both oliveira and chandler, it's gonna be a good match but i pick charles as a winner, he is too skilled on the ground.

Hopefully tony is gonna be himself against dariush because the guy is tough.

INC

Did you see Tony's previous fight? I think time has caught up with him. I need to see more from Chandler and I think this will be a good gauge for where Oliveira is really at.

As for the fight, I don't see Oliveira taking Chandler down so easily, if at all. TDD and power advantage I think is going to be the difference here.

Yeh agree, after Justin fight, he looked past it, pure mental fitness that kept him on his feets

pr0cs

Fuck where I live, all the bars are of course shut down because of COVID 'cases' which is stupid as hell.
No free cash to buy the card but damn I'm interested in both fights. What a drag.

Loved Tony's Dana White-Privelige comment. He's not completely wrong in my opinion, but Tony, ya got win a few again before you can get that momentum back bub. I'm a Tony fan, so I hope he uses this a fuel to stage a comeback. I want the Boogeyman back.

12, 8, 6 & 1 those are the current & past winning streaks of the 4 fighters on main & co-main. So yeh privilege up the ying yang. Losing his belt on the way to the ufc for me meant a top 15 fight then 10, 5 etc. If he left as champ then you can give him more leeway. Beating Hooker who lasted in the top 5 (5 minutes maybe) is why we gripe. Not too upset though.

There isn't a Khabib (or Usman) who will defend belt 4-5 times at least. Lightweight is the most talent heavy division & we'll get to hopefully see it with less moaning, fight ducking & abandon.

Gaethje next baby.

Tony I want to come back, Dariush has improved and looks more dangerous, but Tony always has a chance.

GymWolf

Just seems like such a chad, I cant get on board. I can respect the skill tho.
Isn't chad a compliment in the us?

to me he looks like a nice bloke.

On another note, oliveira has the aura of a guy who can cut your throat because you have the same pair of sunglasses...

Last edited:

pr0cs

I like Chandler and Dariush, both are just workmen.
nothing flashy or brash when talking but in the cage capable of extreme violence.
Ferg had looked rough last few outings, feels like the game left him by and he needs a reboot.
For some reason Olivera is meh to me, always has been

Velcro Fly

Always down for a UFC PPV. Doubt we get one as wild as the last one. Seems like the Usman fight was just a couple weeks ago though.

I really like this card! I am too lazy to do my usual predictions but on paper there are quite a lot of even matches. I do have Chandler winning this
I enjoy reading your words on the matches tbh. Im pretty new to following ufc, so its give me solid insight to understanding.

obvs. I dont really care if you post though tonight about it if youre not feeling it. Nbd in the grand scheme of things. Just wanted to let you know i appreciate your wisdom

Last edited:

manfestival

obvs. I dont really care if you post though tonight about it if youre not feeling it. Nbd in the grand scheme of things. Just wanted to let you know i appreciate your wisdom
Thank you! Just been on and off of the computer today! Watching Barboza fight(one of the most exciting fighters to watch in the UFC) and it is crazy as I was expecting. Will put some more out there next time. I caught this thread a little late. Barboza is destroying Burgos's legs.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
lol i don't think either one of them is walking tomorrow

that ko was kinda weird haha nice fight

Last edited:

manfestival

Wow that was absolutely amazing! The delayed knockout at the end. Absolutely amazing and so happy to see Edson Barboza get a solid win. A top 10 contender for fights this year.

Very likely the fight of the night.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
mmhmm i think araujo got the 1st two rounds and chookagian def the last one araujo is super gassed.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Tony has put up very little offense so far. Between this and the last 2 fights, this pretty much confirms to me he's dropped off hard. He does not look the same at all.

Last edited:
Tony should just retire.

I felt sad for him watching that fight.

But Dariush was a beast, and let's be honest, the second the announcers mentioned that he was expecting a child in a month - I know he was gonna win.

The first 1 minute of the first round was savage though when they went blow to blows.

Then it went downhill from there.

manfestival

Chandler is a monster and he was screwed by bellator. I really like Charles as a fighter and person but I just cannot see him being Chandler. Granted the UFC is the true end game and Charles has been fighting at the most elite level while Michael was the big fish in the small pond so to speak.

Top Bottom