• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2

Who wins the rematch?

• Whittaker by TKO, KO or submission.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpiceRacz

Adesanya by decision. I don't think either guy has made a huge leap since their last fight, but this will probably be fought mostly on the feet and Adesanya should win there.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Nice retirement fight for Modaferri she went forward good night sweet princess congrats to King Casey Holloway haha

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Absolute clinic via them hands. Impressed by Green's head movement too, you don't see enough of that in the UFC.

Haqparast's manager Ali tweeted that he went in compromised saying his hand/foot was broken, but I think it got deleted. But def got wrecked Green should get a main event soon.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
The elbows from cannonier in the 2nd round tho !! dam and Brunson's head was bouncing off the canvas :messenger_grimmacing_

Last edited:

Carton

Tuivasa!!!! My man! It’s a dangerous move to put him in that primal, wild swinging mode: he comes hard and has an uncanny ability to find the mark. Reminds me of a giant Chris Leben.

Carton

I look forward to seeing a more disciplined Whittaker this time round. I don’t think he will win, but I expect a much better fight.

MastAndo

Not really sure how being more patient is going to help Whittaker in this one. It just seems like a means of delaying the inevitable. He can't get to Adesanya without being aggressive either.

EDIT: Much better round for Whittaker there, though.

Eating my words a bit there, I think Whittaker managed to execute an effective strategy and took two rounds. Shouldn't be enough to take the belt.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Congrats to Izzy sorry for Whittaker shouldn't be too down gave a competitive performance much better than last time. I guess it might be Izzy vs. Cannonier next. Enjoyed the card.

Great card really.

Tuivasa and Cannonier's elbow work was amazing. Incredible knockouts. Brunson/Cannonier was my Fight of the Night. Brunson almost had him choked out at the end of Rd. 1 and then Cannonier's boxing was just amazing and Brunson looked to be half-speed by the start of Rd. 2.

Great night of fights. Izzy is just on another level in his striking. So many weapons to pick from. There's no-one interesting for Izzy other than Khamzat at this point, he's literally about to lap the top 5 contenders. Khamzay/Izzy fight would be amazing.

Top Bottom