• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 274: Oliveira vs Gaethje

Who wins: Oliveira or Gaethje? Namajunas or Esparza? Chandler or Ferguson?

• Oliveira, Esparza, Ferguson.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gaethje, Esparza, Chandler.

• Gaethje, Esparza, Ferguson.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I feel like Oliveira and Namajunas will come through with a victory somehow. Not sure about Chandler/Ferguson. Felt like everyone was respectful in the conference there wasn't really any trash talking even from Ferguson, Chandler/Ferguson needs a win so they're focused and Gaethje might not get another shot at the title so there's a lot riding for him on Saturday and Esparza beat Namajunas so this Namajuna's chance to get a win back. feels like a lot of calmness before a storm in this card hopefully it'll be nuts

I feel like Oliveira and Namajunas will come through with a victory somehow. Not sure about Chandler/Ferguson. Felt like everyone was respectful in the conference there wasn't really any trash talking even from Ferguson, Chandler/Ferguson needs a win so they're focused and Gaethje might not get another shot at the title so there's a lot riding for him on Saturday and Esparza beat Namajunas so this Namajuna's chance to get a win back. feels like a lot of calmness before a storm in this card hopefully it'll be nuts
If Esparza can get through Roses adrenaline rush then grapple her in first couple of rounds she might get a sub again, but Roses team is top notch so a good plan will be needed.

Oliveira got through Poirier, so if he can Aljo Gaethje then another sub win.

Tony I hope I'm wrong on the prediction. Glad he's seeing through Dana & UFC's bs, might be too late. He needs proper coaching, less flipping tyres & a renaissance might happen. Maybe at Eagle fc.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Wtf had no idea he could get stripped like that and for only half a pound over this is nuts

not like this GIF

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
If Esparza can get through Roses adrenaline rush then grapple her in first couple of rounds she might get a sub again, but Roses team is top notch so a good plan will be needed.

Oliveira got through Poirier, so if he can Aljo Gaethje then another sub win.

Tony I hope I'm wrong on the prediction. Glad he's seeing through Dana & UFC's bs, might be too late. He needs proper coaching, less flipping tyres & a renaissance might happen. Maybe at Eagle fc.

Tony was talking trash about khabib yesterday and khabib shot back so things are probably a little bit rocky lol I think I read Dana said no one will get cut in the chandler ferguson fight whoever loses though

I can't believe he got stripped. You should know better, he needs to fire someone. Hope Justin makes him pay for that. Though, he's real nasty, so Justin has his work cut out regardless.

Ferguson still has my support like always. Chandler/Tony match could easily be a FotY contender on any night, so I hope we see Boogeyman Tony. I really want to see Tony get some good news, he deserves it.

Pretty confident in Rose doing what she always does, love watching her perform.

Overall though, fantastic card and can't wait for tomorrow.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
He's champ till the fight starts, so maybe fight doesn't start...

They said he'll automatically fight for the title if he wins. It'd be annoying if he doesn't get his ppv points for this fight

There are a lot of rumors about fucked up scales, something is extremely fishy here...

really weird oliveira was surprised he didn't make it and his team posted that he had made weight the previous night situation is very messed up for him.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Replay of the kick was perfect. Balls of his feet. If he was an inch off, it would had been his toes hitting Ferguson's chin.

SpiceRacz

Good lord. Tony looked like he didn't know where he was when they were announcing the winner. I think that should be a wrap for his career. He looked good in the first round, but man his fall from grace has been Woodley-esque.

SpiceRacz

Disappointing performances from both. More so from Rose. Her corner should have been acting with more urgency. Esparza was pressuring a bit more and I think that was the difference. Either way, I don't see how anyone can be upset with that outcome.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Disappointing performances from both. More so from Rose. Her corner should have been acting with more urgency. Esparza was pressuring a bit more and I think that was the difference. Either way, I don't see how anyone can be upset with that outcome.
As one of the commentators said, they should had been given scores of zero. But the challenger did slightly more. Only time Rose did anything was the last 10 seconds taking her down. Some reason she did nothing for 4 rounds and 4:50 of the 5th.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hands down the most boring fight I've seen in UFC history. Expected more from Rose.
I've seen my share of boring fencing pinning or grapple fights.

But I've never seen a 5 round fight with two people on their feet, maybe 3 take down attempts and almost no punches or hits landed.

I like how at the end of the 5th round, Rose raised her hands yelling she won.

Top Bottom