• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF - you can now join Sony’s official queue which will randomly select people who can buy a PS5

Banjo64

cumsessed
Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Cheers, got family/friends looking so I'll do them a favour.

Mate, Hotukdeals is a fantastic site. It's just links to... hot UK deals.

I'm in the queue. Fingers crossed I can get my son one for Christmas

Edit.

Fuck this. I'm number 8394 in the queue with the wait time estimated to be more than an hour. I have work to do. I can't spend that long in the queue. I'm out.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ha, perhaps not today.

eFGQoqw.png

IDKFA

Ha, perhaps not today.

eFGQoqw.png

Same. Getting a PS5 or XSX should be easier. I don't know why stores don't let people preorder, go into a waiting list and when your turn comes the store emails you that a PS5 is available. You then have 24 hours to purchase before it goes to the next person available.

Edit.

My wait time just jumped from over an hour to 12 minutes! I might be in here

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Same. Getting a PS5 or XSX should be easier. I don't know why stores don't let people preorder, go into a waiting list and when your turn comes the store emails you that a PS5 is available. You then have 24 hours to purchase before it goes to the next person available.

I got my own PS5 on launch day, the place with the best queue system I found was PC World. The best thing to do if you don't get one today is set up stock alerts, if you can leave https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console open in a tab while you work all day it's pretty snappy. Managed to get a 3070 with that method.

Yeah mine jumped to 7m, hang in.

Impotaku

A good idea, i just tried it out of curiosity to see how busy it was and i was 38046 in the queue. Yeah i don't think anyones gonna get one that easy as it looks like it's getting hammered but seeing as it's just over a month till xmas i can't say i'm surprised. But the idea is solid totally gets around scalpers as all you have to do is be patient but probably going to be something you have to do when you are not at work & have all day to keep an eye on your place in the queue.

edit: mine had a time of an hour or more then jumped to 24 mins. Might not be as hard as i thought. Gonna close the page though as i was only looking and it's taking up a slot that someone who really wants to buy was going to use.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
A good idea, i just tried it out of curiosity to see how busy it was and i was 38046 in the queue. Yeah i don't think anyones gonna get one that easy as it looks like it's getting hammered but seeing as it's just over a month till xmas i can't say i'm surprised. But the idea is solid totally gets around scalpers as all you have to do is be patient but probably going to be something you have to do when you are not at work & have all day to keep an eye on your place in the queue.
Game, Smyths, Argos etc have been having drops between 10-20k units. It’s not unreasonable that Sony will have more. Also the queues are always strange, see above users who have jumped from 1 hour to 7 minutes. Give it a try, worst that can happen is you don’t get one.

Impotaku

Game, Smyths, Argos etc have been having drops between 10-20k units. It’s not unreasonable that Sony will have more. Also the queues are always strange, see above users who have jumped from 1 hour to 7 minutes. Give it a try, worst that can happen is you don’t get one.
I'm not in the definite purchase point yet i was just looking out of curiosity on how hard they still are to get as i'm waiting till psvr2 drops plus i don't have a tv to take advantage for non vr gaming so it's not high on my priority at the moment i'll be waiting a year or so like i did with ps4 as by the time i jumped on that there were a lot more games out and the older stuff was already a lot cheaper so i could pick & choose my way through all the releases. For me the vr is a big thing, considering the power jump of 5 i'm hoping for great things.

AV

Got one, cheers OP. Someone's buying me a beer or three for that.

RAIDEN1

For me there is nothing on the PS5 that warrants a purchase of the great hulking thing...outside of Ratchet...so I will wait for the PS5 slim and the catalogue to flesh out a lot more...PS4 Pro does what I need..

Did you landed one? It showed 43K for me.

I'm lucky enough to live in a country where no one pre-orders. I got a PS5 on day one here in Portugal and i have never seen a single other unit besides mine in a year.
And this coming from the guy that just walked in a store a few days ago and saw multiple Switch OLEDs and Series S at discount. (270€)

I just clicked to see how bad the queue was.

I honestly feel for you guys specially as 2022 approaches and so many great games are coming out. Hopefully things get better soon.

I'm lucky enough to live in a country where no one pre-orders. I got a PS5 on day one here in Portugal and i have never seen a single other unit besides mine in a year.
And this coming from the guy that just walked in a store a few days ago and saw multiple Switch OLEDs and Series S at discount. (270€)

I just clicked to see how bad the queue was.

I honestly feel for you guys specially as 2022 approaches and so many great games are coming out. Hopefully things get better soon.
Thanks and no need. It's sitting in the closet until Horizon 2 for me. But it's sad to see those that really want one right now struggling to find one.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's the PS5 sorted for my son. Now I just need to bag myself a XSX. Onto the next Quest!
XSX legit seems harder to get in the UK just because they can’t produce as many as Sony. Keep an eye on Hotukdeals (you can set an alert for Xbox if you have the app), I’ve seen a few pop up but some of them are Xbox All Access only etc and like the PS5, you gotta be quick/lucky.

Last edited:

IDKFA

XSX legit seems harder to get in the UK just because they can’t produce as many as Sony. Keep an eye on Hotukdeals (you can set an alert for Xbox if you have the app), I’ve seen a few pop up but some of them are Xbox All Access only etc and like the PS5, you gotta be quick/lucky.

Thanks for the tip. It was just luck that I saw this post almost as soon as it went up. And my wife says I waste too much time on GAF. Who's laughing now!

Thanks for the tip. It was just luck that I saw this post almost as soon as it went up. And my wife says I waste too much time on GAF. Who's laughing now!

I had someone telling me a few days ago that i spend more time on GAF than playing actual videogames to which i said literally nothing cause i realized it's true.

John Wick

No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

And people wonder why they never get these things?
Lol some people want to put zero effort into acquiring something even when said item is in hot demand and short in supply.
I got my PS5 within a week of seriously looking for it. I recently managed to secure a second console to sell on.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
if its random its not a queue then, just a random list. A queue should follow a fifo -or lifo, though in this case makes no sense- algo.

Top Bottom