• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHC

I wont click it I wont click it I wont click it

It's explicitly spoiler free (from what I watched that's true - not a trap!) but it does show a lot of new areas and scenes, so beware.

I just skimmed it though so can't say 100%.

SaganIsGOAT

giphy.gif

Uncharted 3's story was fukkin garbage man. Drake's fortune equal to Golden Abyss??

giphy.gif

😂

Hawk269

The amount of physics objects never fails to make my jaw drop.

True, but what makes that scene very odd, if you look at the amount of force that caused all that destruction and blowing things away, it just looks a little odd that Nate takes no damage and/or continues to move along the same path as if nothing just happened. I guess with such attention to detail and physics that look like that, something like that kind of sticks out.

Memento

It's explicitly spoiler free (from what I watched that's true - not a trap!) but it does show a lot of new areas and scenes, so beware.

I just skimmed it though so can't say 100%.

I wont watch then. I want to be surprised with the new areas!

Hawk269

Just a heads up that a few friends that are in retail (Wal-Mart, Best Buy) that I have spoken with have received copies of the game as of today. So for those that have been checking mom and pop stores and they have not had it, you might want to check now since regular retailers are currently receiving them.

xviper

I never cared about Uncharted games story all i care about is the gameplay, stealth sections and the puzzles, i have seen lots of stealth sections which is good but what about the puzzles ??? is there lots of puzzles and are they good ?

Just a heads up that a few friends that are in retail (Wal-Mart, Best Buy) that I have spoken with have received copies of the game as of today. So for those that have been checking mom and pop stores and they have not had it, you might want to check now since regular retailers are currently receiving them.

What state? My mom and pop that I SIGNED UP FOR yesterday told they'll call me as soon as they get it. Hopefully that's tomorrow.

Memento

I never cared about Uncharted games story all i care about is the gameplay, stealth sections and the puzzles, i have seen lots of stealth sections which is good but what about the puzzles ??? is there lots of puzzles and are they good ?

Looks like it is the best or at least on par with UC3 puzzles-wise from the impressions we are getting.

Also, the gameplay scenarios allow for much more freedom now, and stealth is much more viable because of that.

I'm about more than half way done with 4 so far and this how I'd rate the games.

Story:
UC3 > UC2 > UDF > UC4 = UGA

Gameplay:
UC4 > UC3 > UDF = UC2 > UGA

Puzzles:
UC4 = UC3 > UGA > UC2 > UDF

Something is not clicking with me regarding the story that I can't put my finger on.

Wtf man

I can KIND OF let someone slide if they preferred UC3's story over.. KIND OF. even then I'm having a hard time fathoming how.

but to say UC ONE has better GAMEPLAY?!?? That's lunacy.

And UC4 story = Golden Abyss lmao. The cutscenes they've shown to the public alone tell a better story than that straight to DVD rubbish, and that's not even factoring in the better voice acting, dialogue, camera movement...like my god man how can you not see the difference in quality. Now I understand why he only likes multiplayer.

And UC4 story = Golden Abyss lmao. The cutscenes they've shown to the public alone tell a better story than that straight to DVD rubbish, and that's not even factoring in the better voice acting, dialogue, camera movement...like my god man how can you not see the difference in quality. Now I understand why he only likes multiplayer.

yeah there's nothing about Golden Abyss that's comparing to anything Naughty has developed. Screams hipster opinion.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
fcb4023c4f241c4620e414abaf4d9dc3.png

I know not related and some getting their copies early, but I was a bit amused to see these two literally right next to each other in the topic list.

Tbh, unless the story falls off a cliff (I'm on Chapter 9 right now), I'm not sure how this isn't going to end up being the best one in the series story/character wise.

Then again, I never particularly considered the UC games to have good stories. Lots of good character moments but a fairly straight forward, basic plot that's executed fairly well. In some regards, UC4 is similar but like TLOU, puts a bigger emphasis on the characters.

Was talking with someone about the co-op on U2 and U3 and started reminiscing about the different mini-campaigns.

Ran into this pretty nice no-death crushing run of the Chap 5 co-op mission in Uncharted 3 (airport)

Can't wait to see what they do with co-op in Uncharted 4. VEHICLES please!

I'm about more than half way done with 4 so far and this how I'd rate the games.

Story:

Gameplay:

Puzzles:

Something is not clicking with me regarding the story that I can't put my finger on.
deandreohmy.gif

Story:

Gameplay:

Puzzles:

FryEvilGlare.gif

mrqs

Story:

Gameplay:

Puzzles:

I think this story ranking is actually impossible to be real.

zsynqx

Oh Akyemeni, I knew the first negative impression would be from you :p

Still, at least you are enjoying the gameplay right.

I think he's trolling lol. I'm not buying it. at all. I don't care. Lol

Drake's fortune better than UC2's gameplay? COME ON

Dude is just giving his honest opinion? Am I missing some subtext or is everyone just going to gang up on anyone who doesn't think this is the 2nd coming? Ha, the review thread is gonna be brutal.

Dude is just giving his honest opinion? Am I missing some subtext or is everyone just going to gang up on anyone who doesn't think this is the 2nd coming? Ha, the review thread is gonna be brutal.

Drake's Fortune's gameplay is not better than Uncharted 2 and saying Golden Abyss's story is equal to UC4's story is quite frankly BS.

"Ha the review thread is gonna be brutal."

Ha, ...no

zsynqx

Nah, I'm just playing with Akyemeni, dude is totally entitled to his opinion. :)

Loudninja

He rated different attributes of reach UC game people can disagree with it alot have in the past.

CHC

Comparison with Youtube quality
4vp8vet.jpg

Looks better. Sometimes game design just blows my mind though... I mean a general graphical upgrade is totally part of the process, but I always look at really tiny stuff that changed and wonder who called for it.

Like, who is the guy that is like "we need to rearrange those tomatoes in that basket right there, I'm not liking those." It's just amazing how much time and effort goes into making games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom