• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen such scenes in Bollywood movies and the heroes survive. That's how far we've fallen
lol

That sort of "realism" is better left on the cutting room floor. Ruins the tone.

Bollywood also gives you stuff like this:

rKpxP.gif

They had a snow drift against the wall. It's possible to fall a hundred plus feet and survive in enough snow.

Like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYkapHBVs8

Yeah but we're talking about a frail young woman and a dude with 2 toes and half his manhood who eats dogfood.
Anyway they survived that's for sure, if they didn't they would have showed it. It's just stupid.

We have finally reached the TV/Books singularity.

Is the SPOILERS warning even applicable any more? :p
Kevan/Pycelle dying, Jon's warging, Bran shenanigans, Tower of joy and the likes, Iron islands stuff. There's still some to spoil.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't notice the CG during the walk. Hmm.

The books were just as shitty and grim with the cliffhangers. The show should have done better, but things were incredibly rushed as is. They would have needed to cut more stuff out to avoid it, and they probably should have done so.

It was pointed out in the other thread, but most of the cliffhangers in the books tended to have some glimmer of hope. Take the Jon cliffhanger for example; in the show he's just shanked, in the books there's signs of him warning and the scenes leading up to and the act of his murder fulfil the Azor Ahai prophecy. Then again I enjoyed the books more than most and thought the removal of Danny shitting for a chapter was the only good change from the books.

blackjaw

My best friend called and yelled at me for keeping Jons death a secret for four years

My wife yelled at me for keeping Jons death a secret for four years

wtf...books, hard to read?

I haven't been posting a lot, but:

Littlefinger makes no sense this season. Why did he do that? What benefit to him?

Stannis is dead.

In the book, Theon jumps into really deep snow. That didn't look deep at all. They made a point of portraying the thaw. Are they supposed to be dead? If so, Sansa's whole arc was stupid.

In the last thread, somebody pointed out that the Sand Snakes are trying to force war, that actually makes sense.

Jon being killed by friends was way more powerful in the book.

Arya's story resolved quite nicely, I like how they tweaked it.

All in all, it was relatively satisfying considering the choices they made up to this point, but the season's still something of a mess.

Paganmoon

You guys, ugh.

No one knows how far she has wandered lol.

To be perfectly honsest, for a few seconds there I thought "they fucking flew all the way to Moat caillin?!"

Can't wait to see Euron handled with the same care and attention in season 6 like Doran was in season 5.

You know, when Daario and Jorah are leaving the audience chamber, Daario says "we have much to discuss", he was about to come clean that he's Euron, right?

My best friend called and yelled at me for keeping Jons death a secret for four years

My wife yelled at me for keeping Jons death a secret for four years

wtf...books, hard to read?

LOL! God forbid you commit an actual crime... they'll ship you off to Ramsay Bolton!

To be perfectly honsest, for a few seconds there I thought "they fucking flew all the way to Moat caillin?!"

You know, when Daario and Jorah are leaving the audience chamber, Daario says "we have much to discuss", he was about to come clean that he's Euron, right?

They should really do that now. Give the Ironborn some importance.

duckroll

We have finally reached the TV/Books singularity.

Is the SPOILERS warning even applicable any more? :p

There are still a few outstanding book details which will probably be used to flavor season 6:

- Sam in the Citadel learning about jack shit while Faceless Men carry out a top secret mission

- Euron at the Kingsmoot with his 20 bad pussies and a dragonhorn

- While Dany is away someone might try to steal the remaining two dragons

Kusagari

Let's not forget that our lord Ramsay is immune to Littlefinger's vast spy network as D&D confirmed he didn't know how depraved he was.

Truly he is the hero we deserve.

In the last thread, somebody pointed out that the Sand Snakes are trying to force war, that actually makes sense.

I think that element of their plot made sense. Them killing Myrcella 5 yards from the dock in front of a man who showed he had his guards loyalty, could subdue them with ease and promised to kill them if they tried any shit again made a little less sense. Add to that the fact that they established the poison took a few days to get to Bron, which would have made way more sense for the assassination, caused the writing to look pretty stupid.

Reminder, Brienne stared at a fucking tower for more than half a season looking for something to do

Remember when people said she was going to do some spy shit like Mance and rescue Sansa

Just fucking lol

ChaosXVI

I'm really curious what the hell they are going to do with Euron/Victarian/Damphair, in the event that they all make it in.

Also, how will they get around the fact that Euron's name out loud is just going to sound like Urine...meme's galore for that.

Reminder, Brienne stared at a fucking tower for more than half a season looking for something to do

What was her plan for Stannis, even? Just hope to stumble upon Stannis in the aftermath of the battle? What was she going to do if that exact sequence of events didn't happen?

Moff

I'm really curious what the hell they are going to do with Euron/Victarian/Damphair, in the event that they all make it in.

Also, how will they get around the fact that Euron's name out loud is just going to sound like Urine...meme's galore for that./
well we won't see all three of them, and they actually might settle for victarion as the name, it's a more memorable name

jett

D-Member
There are still a few outstanding book details which will probably be used to flavor season 6:

- Sam in the Citadel learning about jack shit while Faceless Men carry out a top secret mission

- Euron at the Kingsmoot with his 20 bad pussies and a dragonhorn

- While Dany is away someone might try to steal the remaining two dragons

Man sounds like S6 is going to be super awesome!

What was her plan for Stannis, even? Just hope to stumble upon Stannis in the aftermath of the battle? What was she going to do if that exact sequence of events didn't happen?

It's Brienne, the woman who wandered door to door asking about a red haired maiden in the books. She's not good at plans.

Syder

Can't wait to see Euron handled with the same care and attention in season 6 like Doran was in season 5.
Oh god, please no.

On the upside, Euron could be what rescues this series now. He's a fucking pirate.

If the first shot of Season 6 is Euron on The Silence I'll be able to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom