• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Senate calls on British spy Chris Steele: give evidence on Trump-Russia Dossier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what the content of his conversations with the Russians were. It is the fact he committed PERJURY while under oath to a congressional committee. If we do not take such offenses seriously then it undermines our entire process and makes everyting a farce.

Maybe if Steele gets 24/7 guards and someone to taste all his food for plutonium for life.

Dude went underground for a reason. I bet he is growing a beard and applying for lumberjack jobs.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
prsdnt-trmp.jpg

"So you got a name of that Russian prostitute you frequented? I have this friend you see..."

Ithil

I've never seen a picture of Steele, and I feel like I never want to, because anything that doesn't look like this would be disappointing

6rUNSR1.jpg

Koomaster

There are probably some things we aren't going to know about this right away. But 10-15 years down the line, I want some in-depth literature written about this because I will read every word.

Zushin

Imagine the pressure on him. Do what is right and bring forth what you know for the betterment of the world, but risk your life with two world superpowers out to get you.

KHarvey16

To those worried:

Mr Steele’s friends say it is currently unlikely he would be willing to travel to the US. But it is understood Democrats – as well as some Republicans – in Congress are prepared to facilitate discreet initial meetings in the UK or on other neutral territory.

WSJ London office outed Steele on 11th Jan
I asked the reporter why he did that.
He said it was to add provenance to an explosive dossier. Even if that might be "inconvenient" to "some people"

TBH I don't understand his thinking at all and he avoided answering a follow up question as to whether there was a process in the newsroom for deciding such things.

Steele could have been killed, and has to hide under an sssumed identity. He may not even be able to testify. The dossier had provenance as it came from the US government itself. The FBI was going to pay him to continue digging. Why out him?

ZOONAMI

The independent is owned by Russian Oligarch Alexander Lebedev.

Do people consider them all that reliable?

Are there any other places reporting on this?

Lo-Volt

They just want to bring him out of hiding so Putin can off him.

If the Russians do that, they remove all doubt, don't they? They would have had a much better chance trying to stop him from collecting all of this, or if you want to go down the rabbit hole, finding a way to neutralize him earlier in his act of enterprise if possible.

Why would the Russians attempt an assassination? That conclusion makes no sense to me. Seems like it would draw unnecessary attention and basically confirm guilt.

This dude is probably number one on Putin's kill list. I hope the British are protecting him properly and with a Russian puppet as us president I sure wouldn't want to testify here either.

Steele mysteriously dying before he's able to give testimony would be seen as validating what he had to say. Based on how they operated in the Cold War, the most likely play from Russian intelligence would be an attempt to discredit him or sew sufficient confusion and disinformation that people are unsure of what to believe.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Mr.Shrugglesツ;231358434 said:
This feels like normalizing.

e:
Because why not:

9bb2YHR.jpg

Does that double negative quote mean "I did have communications with Russia?".

This could be big
My predicfion is he won't at least not anytime soon.
Why would he trust the current administration? He did his best and they sat on everything. At some point he realized the rot was far deeper than trump.
He won't speak until it's obvious to everyone that adults are in charge.

It's embarrassing it might just be foreign interests that finally do Trump in.

Though the Russians infiltrating the White House would make a good Bond movie. Get on it MGM.

Cue Picture of Existing Movie which has this Premise.

OP you missed the money quote
But friends say he may be willing to speak about his investigation to senators and US officials if certain security conditions are met.
I dont see how that can be a roadblock. Send in Seal Team 6 to protect him if that's what it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom