• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Useless Topic #9578 Most hated fighting game moves?

Ferrio

Banned
Game: GGXX
Character: Sol
Move: Volcanic Viper (623+s/hs)

Game: Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
Character: Chun Li
Move: SA II

Game: King of Fighters (Quite a few of them)
Character: Iori
Move: Jumping Back+b (back+lightkick)

Game: King of Fighters '99
Character: Bao
Move: His reflector crap, and his "explosion" DM.

Game: Tekken 3
Character: Julia
Move: I don't know what it's called. 3 hit move chains.. you know that sweep, jump kick uppercut thing.

Game: Soul Calibur 1 & 2
Character: Ivy
Move: 9A+B i think? You know that high, low launcher bullcrap.

Ferrio

Banned
ourumov said:
That was a bug, wasn't it ? At least that's what a friend claims...

No that most certainly is a move. The move has a bug it can take advantage of, but the move itself is real.

NLB2

Banned
SF II
E. Honda's slap. That thing is so cheap.

oh yeah, and Eddy's kicks from handstand in Tekken.

Bob White

GGXX:

Testaments foward standing punch.

SFA3:

Shoto cross up middle jump kicks.

SC2:

All the moves Mitsurugi can do from that stance where he kinda squats down.

Can't really think of anything else cause I'm not playing anything else.

karasu

Any 3D game that lets you stop every damn move wit Down + punch. It's fugly.

Rugal's Genocide Cutter

Laus P,P,P,K

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Xianghua's two main launchers in Soul Calibur (d/f+B & d,d+B)

Blanka RC Electricity/Ball!

Honda RC Torpedo!

Orochimaru's super in Naruto 2... that shit is cheap! Sealing all of my chakra! WTF!?

Oh, and Jacky's low backfist. Fucker. :(

Any god damned throw, or move (typically it's throws), which takes gobs of time to animate, to which there is no counter, and both players just sit around scratching their asses waiting for the overblown animation cycle to end.

Street Fighter EX and Dead or Alive are fine examples of this crap.

Ferrio said:
Game: Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
Character: Chun Li
Move: SA II

That Super is SO good. Looks to be intact in Fighting Jam, with the super jump cancel to Fierce!

Ferrio said:
Game: Soul Calibur 1 & 2
Character: Ivy
Move: 9A+B i think? You know that high, low launcher bullcrap.

8A+B, actually, and it's high, low, high (maybe a mid). Point is, it the first hit doesn't get you, you aren't getting launched. Plus, if Ivy goes for a juggle, lick instead of an instant lick, you can roll away and punish her. It is kind of hard to see coming though.

Ferrio

Banned
ArcadeStickMonk said:
8A+B, actually, and it's high, low, high (maybe a mid). Point is, it the first hit doesn't get you, you aren't getting launched. Plus, if Ivy goes for a juggle, lick instead of an instant lick, you can roll away and punish her. It is kind of hard to see coming though.

Ya, it doesn't get me anymore, but when I was new to Soul Calibur it was my downfall.

LakeEarth

I've always hated that move Sarah has in Virtua Fighter when she does the backflip. I mean it's a fine move, but does it have to take almost half your energy?!?

Oh wow, would anyone like to know how many tries it took me just to pull off a Hadouken?

Anyways, I'm witht he Zangief hater, he's so frustrating as he has such a long reach for his throws and he has quite a few of them. I still have trouble beating him heh.

ArcadeStickMonk said:
Um... What were you using?

Obviously not an arcade stick. I'm not a serious player, I just casually play on consoles or whatever. I'm actually playing the GBA version of SFA3 at the moment.

EDIT: Whoops never answered your question, this was back in the SNES days. I couldn't even pull one off as a kid for some reason, but it took me like a hundred tries to get it down pat. I'm such a weirdo.

MoxManiac

Standard mash-grapple moves when the CPU performs them (most evident in SFA3)

Oh look! CPU Birdie's punch throw just took off 3/4 of my health! :mad:

Other than that, I don't really hate any moves, single or multiplayer. My friends hate 'gief's jumping splash though - priority is sick and I abuse it to hell.

miyuru

Lost Weekend said:
Akuma's Raging Demon, because I always fell for it.

I love playing n00bs who think they can Raging Demon me after tripping :p

One time we were across the stage and he Raging Demons! I waited and supered when he was next to me, and people applauded me. Um, what was to applaud there? :-\

Ferrio

Banned
miyuru said:
I love playing n00bs who think they can Raging Demon me after tripping :p

One time we were across the stage and he Raging Demons! I waited and supered when he was next to me, and people applauded me. Um, what was to applaud there? :-\

Just a standing jab, that's always the funniest way.

Funny arcade story. Good a place as any to post it.

I'm more comfortable with sticks, but if the stick is really low quality or beat up (like EVERY stick in the few arcades near me) I start to have real problems.

My buy Dacian hates sticks completely and refuses to try to learn them, even though he really likes fighters.

So recently we were playing SVC in a shit arcade, and the stick were so loose I was getting sick. Dig this, Dacian beats me, then beats two different Iori players, then me again. After the fourth match he had to give up because he said his wrist was completely worn out, and he had me take over. Then I lost the next match.

The blame rest soley on the bad sticks mind you. 'Cuz I totally tripped the guy but my demon didn't come off.

Brannon

I pretty much hate air-juggling. I can do it, and defend against it and whatever, but the whole concept of air-juggling irks me to no end. Something about it just draws me right out of the game. It's so.... gah.

miyuru

I really hate Dr. Mario/Mario's dashing A (the slide). I guess because I use Ganondorf, it just totally sets me up for juggling and I can't get out :(

sweet ive been waiting for a topic like this to rant on. here are some moves that i fucking HATE from various fighting games.

1. Game: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Moves i hate in that game:
#1: having to fight a team of cable, juggernaut and wolverine. its so fucking cheap because if you have juggernauts "helper" as that clothesline punch, and you have cable in, you can just fucking shoot at them with that hyper beam if they try to hit juggernaut when you use his helper. also, with wolverine and juggernaut, you can send juggernaut and rush in w/ wolverine and just start slashing away. this is a bitch to defend because if you go after juggernaut, you get fucked by wolverine, if you try to get wolverine first, juggernaut sends your ass through the wall. bullshit.... BULLSHIT THAT I USE LADIES! BOO YAH!!!!!!!!!

#2: the inifite magneto combo... ugh, what a pain in the ass

2. Tekken (all tekkens)

#1: any of the retarded combos by eddie gordo or whatever his name is. my gay friends dont even know how to PLAY the game but all they do is mash kick button with that bitch and i get rocked. i'm not exactly cock of the walk myself, but i at least TRY to play legit. with eddie gordo you dont have to play legit, cause he's complete garbage

3. Super Street Fighter Turbo

#1: That stupid ass zangief piledriver that can go through the ceiling and floor over and over again... dumb shit kills me almost instantly from what i remember.

4. Killer Instinct

#1: that bitch chief running wolfs (or whatever his name is) long as jump combo that you could cancel into that bird fireball... my friend always got me with that bullshit. damn i hated that indian guy... and i hated TJ combo too.... AND glacius the worst! his face teleport bs.... i wont even go into KI2

5. super smash bros melee

#1: a lot of people tell me i'm dirty with fox because i do that powerup kick that can kill you pretty easily and because he's so fast... but i contest that samus is the dirtiest bitch of all! you can charge up that ridiculous beam, and if it hits you w/ over 100% you are pretty much toast. also, that flying Z thing she does into the air is garbage too

that's all i can think of right now but there are other moves i hate too

callous

That move Whip does in KoF '99 (possibly others too) where she keeps launching herself off the top of the screen and landing on your ass. I can deal with it by just getting in close, but it still bugs me and the scream she lets out especially pisses me off.

Jackassy's f,b+B+P throw in VF. Whenever someone keeps insisting on repeating that move during a match, I have to use every ounce of will power just to resist the urge to do the move on the person for real.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Shogmaster said:
Jackassy's f,b+B+P throw in VF. Whenever someone keeps insisting on repeating that move during a match, I have to use every ounce of will power just to resist the urge to do the move on the person for real.

Dude that throw is awesome!

YEAH!
YEAH!
YEAH!
YEAAAAAAAAH!

.... :( Good thing he doesn't say anything when he does his low backfist.

Reno said:
Dude that throw is awesome!

YEAH!
YEAH!
YEAH!
YEAAAAAAAAH!

.... :( Good thing he doesn't say anything when he does his low backfist.

His scream during the move definitely puts it over the edge in the hate meter. How would you like me to punch you in the neck while yelling "YEAH!", you Jacky lovin' bastitches!!!!!!!

Top Bottom