• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[variety] Netflix Poised to Raise Prices in 2024 as It Continues to Gain Share of TV Viewing: Analysts

Jose92

[Membe

Netflix is expected to hike prices on its streaming plans in 2024 — a move that should accelerate its revenue and earnings growth — as it continues to take a bigger bite out of overall TV viewing, according to analysts at UBS Securities.

“We expect to see rate increases this year” by Netflix, UBS analysts led by John Hodulik wrote in a Feb. 27 research note. That, along with a ramp-up in revenue from its ad-supported tier and healthy subscriber gains, should push the company’s total revenue growth in 2024 to 15%, per the analysts’ estimates, compared with 7% growth in 2023.

These services keep getting more unstainable by the day. Lose now make money later, looks like that model is going away. And leaving behind it, many loss making entities.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

On Nielson the most viewed shows from week to week is almost always some new Netflix show or movie.

People unsub from Netflix, try another streaming service but just end up coming back.

They really know the kind of slop that normies want to consume.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Even in my poor ass country where piracy has thrived, people have become obsessed with Netflix. Just cuz you guys unsub doesnt change the fact that Netflix is king in Europe. They can afford to raise prices sadly. We need better competition.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

These services keep getting more unstainable by the day. Lose now make money later, looks like that model is going away. And leaving behind it, many loss making entities.
Unsustainable? They are making $5 billion a year in net income and due to increase that. How is that unsustainable? If you mean competitors then no shit taking on Netflix is gonna be a rough ride.

They probably did the research that shows it wouldn’t affect their bottom line.

Just like all the other times they increased their prices…

Jose92

[Membe
Unsustainable? They are making $5 billion a year in net income and due to increase that. How is that unsustainable? If you mean competitors then no shit taking on Netflix is gonna be a rough ride.
Yes other competitors will shut down, and just making it with that model wont work anymore.

Cyberpunkd

Netflix lost enough money, now they are getting it back. The model is doing just fine. People are surprised while a lot of people were saying this will happen years ago.

97enfZ3.gif

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yes other competitors will shut down, and just making it with that model wont work anymore.
Some competitors need to shut-down to be honest. Not sure why MGM+ exists for example - I have 6 months free but there is no way I would subscribe.

clarky

Gold Member
The Majority of Netflix's output is fucking awful. I only have a sub because it comes "free" with Virgin 1gig fibre.

No way would i actually pay for this crap every month.

K' Dash

It's the only service that consistently makes content that I want to watch 🤷‍♂️

Right now I'm awaiting the Three Body Problem which looks amazing.

Their model is essentially quantity over quality. They know most of it is forgettable but their aim is to spam content so there's something for everyone.

They probably have enough data that tells them a good majority of users don't cancel despite having relatively low watch time, hence even less reason to make quality content. I guess it's like gym memberships. People keep paying despite rarely working out lol.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
my kids like Netflix so I haven’t cut it, yet.

If it was only me though it would be gone.

Last edited:
For someone like me who stopped watching Netflix when they eliminated the password sharing what shows have popped up since that is worth a month of subscription to binge through. I have my eye on the newest season of Black Mirror and that Johnny Manziel documentary....anything else good out there since the password purge?

Spyxos

Gold Member
For someone like me who stopped watching Netflix when they eliminated the password sharing what shows have popped up since that is worth a month of subscription to binge through. I have my eye on the newest season of Black Mirror and that Johnny Manziel documentary....anything else good out there since the password purge?
I really liked Physical 100. As it was the first season, there were hardly any rules yet, so the matches were exciting, but also somewhat unfair in places..

Billbofet

im surprised people honestly still have netflix, it really is just junk food at this point.

poorly made content made quick designed for you to consume and consume lots of it.
Most of my friends only have Netflix and Disney+ for streaming, so they have no concept of quality content.
I'll recommend shows like Shogun, Fargo, or Recession, and they'll be like, "Nah, I gotta finish Obi-wan and catch up on Fuller House and Wednesday before season 2 drops!!"

StueyDuck

Most of my friends only have Netflix and Disney+ for streaming, so they have no concept of quality content.
I'll recommend shows like Shogun, Fargo, or Recession, and they'll be like, "Nah, I gotta finish Obi-wan and catch up on Fuller House and Wednesday before season 2 drops!!"
honestly i know far too many people who are the same.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I congratulate Netflix on killing dvds, if they continue to raise prices they leave the door open to the possibility of killing themselves

Oh My God Wow GIF

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Both Shogun and Fargo are on Disney+ in the States lol

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Might sub for a month if something is really worth watching but other than that fuck em. I've got Prime and HBO which I barely use but I do some Amazon shopping from time to time so whatever.

Top Bottom