• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[variety] Netflix Poised to Raise Prices in 2024 as It Continues to Gain Share of TV Viewing: Analysts

netflix is the only one with global appeal. with those prices they are going to be the only option people are going to choose. and as of right know they are still cheaper than the the best cable bundle.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I'm out too.

Only subs I have left are hulu+spotify bundle, crunchyroll and youtube premium.

I'll probably drop Crunchyroll soon too since Frieren is done.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You guys might want to wait until Netflix actually mentions price hikes to jump ship lol

Analysts say a lot of garbage.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
For real? I recommended to my friend that has Disney+. Do you have to bundle it with Hulu?
Thanks for the heads up as one of my best friends would love Shogun!!
Ah maybe it’s because I also have Hulu.

I use the D+ app to watch stuff like Shogun but I do sub to Hulu.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I've had Netflix non stop since 2014 mainly because of 2 friends I shared my account with.

Now I cancel and resubscribe every 6 months to catch up on content.
Rinse & repeat.

Pidull

I quit this garbage about 5 years ago now.

We run everything from a home media server now and set our monthly media budget to $25 (about the cost of a month of Netflix now right?).

Oh no, Castlevania is only on Netflix? Just buy the season for the same cost as a month of Netflix, rip it to the media server, and stream it. It's a mild inconvenience at first but worth the time investment.

There's also the piracy option, of course.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Honestly this thread just reminded me that I barely use Netflix.

Price hike or not, I would have cancelled it eventually so thanks for that!

Top Bottom