• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vectrex game console...

Would you purchase a Vextrex console with 15 games for 500 bucks?

• Yes

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrA

depends on the games, in terms of value the big one is mine storm 2, most of the library is pretty good though from a play perspective, or if there are any extra accessories, 2nd controllers are super expensive (like ~100 dollar range for a good one) , a light pen is pricey, but you can make your own, and the 3d imager is insanely expensive (and awesome) odds are though it would be worth it if you want to own a vectrex, you'd be hard pressed to get a better deal on ebay (plus shipping is awful with them)

Quasicat

Gold Member
For me, that would be a nostalgia piece and I have spent more than $500 on nostalgia. The only thing I would add to the awesome post above is the overlays being in tact. Those always seemed like the easiest thing to lose or have thrown away. Definitely a good find depending on condition.

The Vectrex is way cool. I had one a few years ago, but I find I just don't play retro arcade games all that much. If you think you'll actually use it though, it might be worth it!

Ozzie666

I remember living through it. It had a very shot life span for sure. I remember a couple of kids in our area had them. But honestly, the Coleco Vision was the system we kept returning too, or in some cases the intelivision. I don't know if it's worth $500 to a new player, but if it's something you grew up and loved, sure, why not. I will say this, getting one with all the overlays, is no easy feat.

Carna

Banned
If your a collector, it's a cool novelty console to own. Something that was cutting edge at the time it came out. For it to be enjoyed by modern gamers who want to experience the far out tech it had to offer back then.

Top Bottom