• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Verge] Sony’s new PlayStation PC overlay is a simple start

GHG

Gold Member
Surely we can produce even more pop ups here:

notifications.png

This is fucking comedy.

On top of that you will also have windows gamebar running in the background.

Half the game will be remembering all these overlay hotkeys.

feynoob

Gold Member
Sony is smacking MS ass and MS just have to sit there and take it. I love it!
MS is winning here without doing anything.

More people buy PC/windows, more money for MS. These people will become data that they can sell.

Oppoi

MS is winning here without doing anything.

More people buy PC/windows, more money for MS. These people will become data that they can sell.
Have you ever used Windows? It's awful! The more people that come to PC the more incentive we get to push for Linux and leave MS in the dust.

feynoob

Gold Member
Have you ever used Windows? It's awful! The more people that come to PC the more incentive we get to push for Linux and leave MS in the dust.
It's awful if you are the type of person to complain.

I get what I need from my windows, despite it's flaws. Won't trade it for Linux or Mac.

I love the minimalist task and easier to use. Windows delivers that to me.

Last edited:

Oppoi

It's awful if you are the type of person to complain.

I get what I need from my windows, despite it's flaws. Won't trade it for Linux or Mac.

I love the minimalist task and easier to use. Windows delivers that to me.
Forced updated and pay full price for adverts is enough for me to call it awful. Then we have the rest. It's a bloated piece of crap people only use because they think there's no other option.

feynoob

Gold Member
Forced updated and pay full price for adverts is enough for me to call it awful. Then we have the rest. It's a bloated piece of crap people only use because they think there's no other option.
The freedom of choice beats everything.

I would rather have a device that I can mess up with shit stuff. It's why I love android phones. Let me deal with consequences of my actions.

ClosBSAS

kmao pretty shameful for epic games....they cant do a proper ui even if they paid them...am all for sony interface in my pc games...just to piss my ps5 peeps

Fredrik

I follow. Thankfully, this one only runs in the game. It isn't some system tray program like the others. So far it hasn't caused any problems for me.
Seems intrusive from a PC only gamer point of view. Do you get 2 pop ups when you finish something, one Steam achievement and one PS trophy?
Are there any upsides to link the account if I don’t play online and don’t care about ps trophies?

Topher

Gold Member
Seems intrusive from a PC only gamer point of view. Do you get 2 pop ups when you finish something, one Steam achievement and one PS trophy?
Are there any upsides to link the account if I don’t play online and don’t care about ps trophies?

It is no more intrustive than any other achievement popup, but yeah, one steam achievement and one PS trophy. No, if you don't care about online or trophies then just ignore it. Entirely optional.

Fredrik

It is no more intrustive than any other achievement popup, but yeah, one steam achievement and one PS trophy. No, if you don't care about online or trophies then just ignore it. Entirely optional.
No bonus content? I linked psn with Returnal and got costumes, same thing with Horizon Forbidden West

RCU005

Losing sales from more than 100 countries so that Sony can force an overlay it's weird.

The overlay should be optional and a bonus for people that are interested in their ecosystem. Having it optional, would've gain a lot of good will to try it out. After Helldivers fiasco, many people won't even care.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Losing sales from more than 100 countries so that Sony can force an overlay it's weird.

The overlay should be optional and a bonus for people that are interested in their ecosystem. Having it optional, would've gain a lot of good will to try it out. After Helldivers fiasco, many people won't even care.

It is optional

Hudo

The GeForce Overlay notification at least is very easy to turn off.
Why is it turned on in the first place? Why is every fucking thing opt-out rather than opt-in? I feel all this service shit would be more acceptable if corporations weren't fucking uncivilized barbarians who want to brute-force their way into your time and wallet about it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Enter mods and watch all these overlays disappear.
Leaving Peace Out GIF by Rockstar Games
Or better yet stop giving a shit. They're overlays, they show up for 2 seconds at the start of the game.

Only on GAF will people get tilted over overlays. I like mine for capturing gameplay, anyways

Wow, people are still fighting that Windows vs. Linux war?

On topic... I like this. I bought the game on PS4 years ago, and got the upgrade to the PS5 version but bounced off it in twenty minutes, not sure why. This is tempting me to try out the PC version on my newly built PC...

Top Bottom