• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vikings - Season 4, Part 2 - Wednesdays on History

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerX

Banned
This is filmed around ten miles up the road from me. Nearly everyone I know with a beard has been an extra at some stage.

Chumley

Banned
I'm kind of excited to see Johnathan Rys Myers hopefully turn the tables next season. Ivar is psychopath and seeing the Vikings win all the time is boring.
I hate almost all of the Vikings now besides Lagertha and Floki. They're all just unlikable assholes and they killed my man Ecbert.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Season 5 may premiere as early as next month, so we won't have to wait very long to find out!

Oh my god I hope so. Where did you hear this? I read somewhere a while back it might not start till september. Fingers crossed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh my god I hope so. Where did you hear this? I read somewhere a while back it might not start till september. Fingers crossed.

It's just something that's going around, but the trailer for season 5 says 'coming soon' and we know they're going to split the season again, so the first 10 are going to have to air sometime in the first half of the year.

Good finale, so they are filming season 5 already?.

They're almost finished filming!

This is really going another 2+ seasons? It feels pretty much wrapped up.

The story is only just beginning!

Hope next season we will get to see some Anglo Saxon victories and the like; a bit dull seeing viking slaughter armies whom act like headless chickens.

Aethelwulf really jobbed that battle.

Ecbert channeled Jesus during that evac.

What was the whole point of Helga trying to adopt a child? If it's just a catalyst to change Floki's faith, would have better without the her trying really hard to keep the child.

Vinter

Season finale was alright. No real surprises, other than the fact that there is a next season.
With the events of this season there is probably grounds for a new shift in the series so to speak, but personally I struggled with this season.

After
Ragnar and now Ecbert is gone
, there is no real motivation for me to watch anymore. I dont really like the way the series went this season. We will see I suppose.

Sunster

Season finale was alright. No real surprises, other than the fact that there is a next season.
With the events of this season there is probably grounds for a new shift in the series so to speak, but personally I struggled with this season.

After
Ragnar and now Ecbert is gone
, there is no real motivation for me to watch anymore. I dont really like the way the series went this season. We will see I suppose.

Ragnar's sons did more than he ever did.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thoughts on the finale:

I did not see Helga's death coming, at least not in the way that it happened with the little girl stabbing her (and then herself!). Damn.

Ecbert got a fitting death. It was amusing that he punked Ragnar's sons right before his death just like Ragnar did to him.

Sigurd being killed off is a big diversion from history, but they set it up earlier in the season, so it's not like it came out of nowhere, and it serves to create a new and more interesting dynamic for the brothers going forward.

I'm excited to see where the show goes from here.

Dysun

Excellent finale.
The battle at the start was great, and showed the brutality of the vikings in full.

This episode really brought an end to the Ragnar/Ecbert plot in a great way and was a nice wrap up to Season 4, aside from the Helga stuff which didn't work.

Looking forward to King Henry vs Ivar

Kadayi

Banned
Decent enough ending, if a little awkward. Didn't expect Sigurd to cop it, so a bit surprising. If anything I'd of assumed they'd of killed off Hvitserkas he's less of a historically important figure.

Didn't realise Torvi survived the previous episode, so was a bit shocked. Curious to see where they go next season, as it's fair to say there's a lot of disparate storylines at play.

Maffis

Will that 1-eyed dude return? He was bad-ass. I hope we get to see more of him.

edit: or wait, I never really got it. Was he really Odin? Like, an illusion or something?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought this show wasn't "supernatural" in that sense. I guess it's supposed to be a bit artsy in a way? Or is there really a chance he will come back? Like Harbald?

I mean, Ragnar saw Odin in the very first episode of the series, so technically this was his reappearance!

I thought this show wasn't "supernatural" in that sense. I guess it's supposed to be a bit artsy in a way? Or is there really a chance he will come back? Like Harbald?
What if Odin is real though.

Plenty of shows are "supernatural" in the sense they show god or Jesus from Christianity lore.

This is a show about Vikings and what they believe in.

Tugatrix

So apparently Rhys-Meyers is not Alfred.

He's super religious berserker kicking ass for the lord. And if you think that sounds cooky, Hirst said in a recent interview that he found out about these warrior bishop types while doing research.

“Johnny is just perfect for this crazed, religiously obsessed guy, who is also a sinner. He’s a passionate guy, drawn towards women. He sins, and then when he sins, he punishes himself.”

Sorry but that sounds just like Alfred, at least he was portrait like that on "Last Kingdom"

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry but that sounds just like Alfred, at least he was portrait like that on "Last Kingdom"

Do you find it believable with how this season ended, that they would just jump over everything that has to happen, and skip forward 10+ years just so we could have an adult Alfred?

In any case, Hirst referred to Meyers' character as Heahmund, so I'm not really sure why you're sorry.

cLOUDo

Just finished the season, overall much better that the first part
but the writing still is kinda bad sometimes, especially with Lagertha and helga
Sigurd was the worst of ragnar's sons so is okay to me he is gone

btw if eckbert isn't king anymore, the deal has no value right?
he trolled them?

Just finished the season, overall much better that the first part
but the writing still is kinda bad sometimes, especially with Lagertha and helga
Sigurd was the worst of ragnar's sons so is okay to me he is gone

btw if eckbert isn't king anymore, the deal has no value right?
he trolled them?

Sigurd wasn't bad, just bland. Really interested in seeing how Iver gets out of this.

Rollo was about to get it just for betraying Ragnar. Iver went all the way.

Tugatrix

Do you find it believable with how this season ended, that they would just jump over everything that has to happen, and skip forward 10+ years just so we could have an adult Alfred?

In any case, Hirst referred to Meyers' character as Heahmund, so I'm not really sure why you're sorry.

Because we have surrogate Alfred and not Alfred itself which would have made a much more interesting plot

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
They really didn't know what to do with Rollo, huh?

And why would the vikings let Ivar get away with murdering Sigurd?

And the part with King Henry dude was really bizarre. What a weird ending.

Probably my more respect for a guy who wants to legit pillage and battle? I dunno. But I'd let him get away with it, dudes crazy.

I'm kind of excited to see Johnathan Rys Myers hopefully turn the tables next season. Ivar is psychopath and seeing the Vikings win all the time is boring.
I hate almost all of the Vikings now besides Lagertha and Floki. They're all just unlikable assholes and they killed my man Ecbert.

Myers is an asshole bigot and seeing him on this show is a step back.

Havik

Because we have surrogate Alfred and not Alfred itself which would have made a much more interesting plot

I guess it would be a problem with the fact that they have to 'age' all of the existing characters to much if he would play an adult Alfred. (alfred is played by a 17 year old actor so he would probably be a teenager in the show).

Coxy100

Banned
Pretty good finale. Although ending it on that Jonathan Rhys Meyers scene was rather odd.

Personally I loved it. Great to see one of my favourite actors taking on the vikings next series!

Apart from Bjorn I don't like them any of them anymore. Even Lagertha - they changed her character too much for me

Coxy100

Banned

We don't know that they have let him get away with it yet do we though?

Also I agree with Rollo - was a shame to use him like that. He was always my favourite warrior - would like to see him in it more (especially as all the old characters are on the way out)

I'm pretty sure they had limited access to Rollo due to Clive Standen leaving to do the Taken TV series so Rollo's role got reduced though it probably should have anyway.

Teletraan1

Banned
The issue I had with this season was they put you in a time jump and shoved characters that aren't really likeable as the new leads really quickly. It was too forced. I will still watch to see how they evolve these characters (if they do) but the second half of this season was kind of a letdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom