• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel Sued for Alleged Sexual Battery of Assistant in 2010

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Per Variety:

A former assistant to Vin Diesel sued the actor on Thursday, alleging that in 2010 he pinned her against a wall in a hotel suite and masturbated in front of her.
Asta Jonasson alleges that she was working for the actor in Atlanta, where he was filming “Fast Five,” when he brought her to his suite at the St. Regis Hotel and forced her onto his bed.
According to the suit, she asked him to stop and moved toward the door, but he came over to her and began to grope her breasts and kiss her chest. He tried to pull down her underwear, and she screamed and ran toward the bathroom, the suit alleges.
Jonasson alleges that Diesel pressed against the wall and forced her to touch his erect penis, and then began to masturbate. “Ms. Jonasson was unable to escape and closed her eyes, scared of angering Vin Diesel by rejecting him further and trying to dissociate, wishing the assault would end,” the suit alleges.
Hours later, according to the lawsuit, Samantha Vincent, Diesel’s sister and the president of his company, called Jonasson and fired her.
“It was clear to her that she was being fired because she was no longer useful — Vin Diesel had used her to fulfill his sexual desires and she had resisted his sexual assaults,” the suit alleges. “Ms. Jonasson felt like she was a piece of trash to be discarded. Ms. Jonasson felt helpless, her self esteem was demolished, and she questioned her own skills and whether a successful career would require her to trade her body for advancement.”
Bryan Freedman, Diesel’s attorney, issued a statement Thursday afternoon denying the allegations.
“Let me be very clear: Vin Diesel categorically denies this claim in its entirety,” Freedman said. “This is the first he has ever heard about this more than 13-year-old claim made by a purportedly 9-day employee. There is clear evidence which completely refutes these outlandish allegations.”

Vin Diesel joins the list of sexual assault allegations.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
strong reply from riddicks attorney there , here is asta jonasson...............

MV5BYTZkZmNjMDctZjAzNS00MDE1LWIwNmUtMTM5MjMyNGNmYjU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTcwODcwMjcy._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Trunx81

Diesel on Battery .. ok.
Let´s see how this will work out. In other news, the Rammstein lead singer has a new gf.

Meicyn

Gold Member
After seeing that ultra cringeworthy interview with that Brazilian woman this is not exactly a shock.
Yup. Dude is a creep. The fact that he did that out in the open during an interview is pretty galling, just imagine when the cameras aren’t rolling.

Innocent until proven guilty, but my initial response on this news was “I’m not surprised”.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Unless someone has literally been kidnapped and chained to a bedpost for decades, I dont see how anyone claiming abuse or illegal activities can be taken seriously if they only bring it up decades later.

It's like..... "Meh, nothing happened" to "Oh shit, he's a celeb worth a ton now, Iets get on the gravy train and score some cash. And I if lose, who cares as nothing will happen to me"

Imagine how stupid it'd be if you were in a bar fight in college at age 21. You got beaten up and even lost a tooth to boot. BUT, you tell the cops about it when you're 40.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Remember this?

ZgNaczo.png

Can't blame him, most of brazilian people here are retarded. You could bump with someone and would end up accused of sexual abuser.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Unless someone has literally been kidnapped and chained to a bedpost for decades, I dont see how anyone claiming abuse or illegal activities can be taken seriously if they only bring it up decades later.

It's like..... "Meh, nothing happened" to "Oh shit, he's a celeb worth a ton now, Iets get on the gravy train and score some cash. And I if lose, who cares as nothing will happen to me"

Imagine how stupid it'd be if you were in a bar fight in college at age 21. You got beaten up and even lost a tooth to boot. BUT, you tell the cops about it when you're 40.
It states that they were in the middle of filming Fast 5, he wasn't exactly an unknown at the time.

poppabk

I was talking generalities.

It cant be too serious of a situation (or an outright lie) if a grown adult takes 13 years to tell the cops.
People can be afraid to tell this kind of stuff because there is a lack of evidence, they doubt they will be believed, and they risk killing their career for nothing. However, waiting 6 years after the Metoo movement became prominent seems strange without some other factor being in play.

This is why I think Vin Diesel is going to have a rough time. Even if he is guilty or innocent, there's too much evidence online of him being a generally weird guy and saying odd things. Nothing wrong with being weird, but it sure as hell doesn't help with public perception.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
This is why I think Vin Diesel is going to have a rough time. Even if he is guilty or innocent, there's too much evidence online of him being a generally weird guy and saying odd things. Nothing wrong with being weird, but it sure as hell doesn't help with public perception.
I agree but I do hope this is false allegations.. the whole reporter thing is just weird and can be misinterpreted. Either way if he wins in court I hope he says..
Uryut5E.jpg

Tams

People can be afraid to tell this kind of stuff because there is a lack of evidence, they doubt they will be believed, and they risk killing their career for nothing. However, waiting 6 years after the Metoo movement became prominent seems strange without some other factor being in play.

My stance on things like this is that if it were really so damaging, that you wouldn't and shouldn't wait over a decade to make the allegations.

Sorry, but she's just left it too long.

poppabk

My stance on things like this is that if it were really so damaging, that you wouldn't and shouldn't wait over a decade to make the allegations.

Sorry, but she's just left it too long.
So some kid who gets abused at 8 and waits until 18 to say anything, they obviously just weren't damaged enough?

JayK47

What did he do wrong? These are modern day assassination attempts. He must have really pissed off the establishment.

Tams

So some kid who gets abused at 8 and waits until 18 to say anything, they obviously just weren't damaged enough?

This isn't about a young person who was still mentally developing though, is it?

Adults should take responsibility for their own actions, or in cases like this, inaction.

Last edited:

poodaddy

So he flirted awkwardly with an attractive interviewer one time and immediately apologized afterwards. And because of that now it’s credible that he’s a rapist? No evidence required?
This.

And I just can't take a sexual assault allegation seriously when it took the woman nearly a decade and a half to manage the accusation.

This whole thing has the scent of desperation and opportunism about it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This.

And I just can't take a sexual assault allegation seriously when it took the woman nearly a decade and a half to manage the accusation.

This whole thing has the scent of desperation and opportunism about it.
Agreed.

I treat stuff like this similar to when you send out an invite for a dinner party 3 weeks in advance, or a buddy sends out a wedding invite 2 months in advance. If anyone is getting back to the host the day before the event to confirm yes or no, it goes to show they dont really give a shit or treat the occasion seriously.

In other words, this accusation of Vin diesel is BS.

13 years ago is so long ago Xbox Kinect just launched that year, and for you baseball fans veteran player eric Hosmer (who seems to be in the league forever) wasnt even a pro leaguer yet. His career started in KC in 2011.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
So he flirted awkwardly with an attractive interviewer one time and immediately apologized afterwards. And because of that now it’s credible that he’s a rapist? No evidence required?
That's how trial by media works. Not saying that's fair (It isn't)

That interview is absolutely cringe though, very un-Vin. Still not an excuse for labelling though.

Top Bottom