• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voldemort Cast for Harry Potter 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I recently joined the Harry Potter bandwagon and read all 5 books like mad... and loved them.

Then I watched all three movies... and did not love them. ;_; (Though Azkaban was decent)

I had heard John Malkovich was up for it though he is an American and JK only wants a british cast. He still would have been really effective. As much as I love Rowan Atkinson he wouldn't have been good in the role.

MrCheez

I hope they do Mad-Eye Moody justice.

Mad-Eye Moody smilie -> o_O

teiresias

I'm rather interested in who they'll cast as Umbridge for Order - she's probably the most delicious villian to come around in a long time if pulled off correctly. But I'd have thought this decision for Voldemort would have been made a while ago - aren't they in the middle of filming Goblet right now?

Sometimes they're a little... slow... on the casting. I don't think they officially announced who would play Trewlenay in movie three until quite a while after they had started filming, but I could be wrong on that.

I thought the lady who played Aunt Marge in Azkaban would have made a great Umbridge too.

teiresias

If Anjelica Houston could take the menace she brought to the Grand High Witch in "The Witches" and added some fake "sweetness" to it I think it would be perfect for Umbridge - obviously would need heavy make-up appliances though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i see umbridge getting played by someone well known, they'll dig deep into the british actress pool and go for someone like Judy Dench or Angela Landbury (WHo'd I'd love to see play a villan).

teiresias said:
But I'd have thought this decision for Voldemort would have been made a while ago - aren't they in the middle of filming Goblet right now?

Well, according to the article they just started a few weeks ago. And Voldemort isn't really going to be in the film that much...

Belfast

DrForester said:
i see umbridge getting played by someone well known, they'll dig deep into the british actress pool and go for someone like Judy Dench or Angela Landbury (WHo'd I'd love to see play a villan).

Yeah, but Umbridge is kind of portly, isn't she? Judy Dench is a total stick!

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
That article isn't very good.

It says that voldemort's spirit runs havoc in azkaban. That's wrong.

It says the movie starting filming in late June when I remember seeing radcliffe saying they were 4 weeks in during an interview in late may.

MASB

DrForester said:
Angela Lansbury, now that I think about it, she'd be great in a role like that. Hope the production team is thinking of her, as she is still quite active and doing roles.

=W=

Excellent choice.

And Brendan Gleeson as Mad-Eye Moodie! Another excellent choice, though I always imagined him to be much shorter. Not really sure about Miranda Richardson though, I've only seen her in Spider, The Hours (though I don't really remember her character very well), and Sleepy Hollow.

I'm rather interested in who they'll cast as Umbridge for Order - she's probably the most delicious villian to come around in a long time if pulled off correctly.
Very true. I haven't felt such strong feelings of pure hatred towards a character in a book in a long time.

AniHawk

teiresias said:
I'm rather interested in who they'll cast as Umbridge for Order - she's probably the most delicious villian to come around in a long time if pulled off correctly.

Get my Calculus teacher.

I'm currently reading Goblet of Fire for the first time (about 3/4 through it), my favorite book of the four so far. Have there been any rumors as to who is playing Moody? And also, what the hell are they going to cut out?

Farore said:
Good choice :) !

I want to see pics of the actresses who will play Fleur Delacour and Cho Chang :D .

Fleur
clemencepoesy_fleur_1087250400.jpg

Cedric
_40258301_cedric150.jpg

Madame Maxine
francesdelatour_1.jpg

Cho
Apparently, "Beat out over 3,000 girls to make her debut as 'Cho Chang' in 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.'" so there isn't a picture listed yet. Same goes for Viktor.

aparisi2274

distantmantra said:
I'm currently reading Goblet of Fire for the first time (about 3/4 through it), my favorite book of the four so far. Have there been any rumors as to who is playing Moody? And also, what the hell are they going to cut out?

I liked book 4 but it was to slow for most of the book, and then took off at the end. I still say book 3 is the best, and my personal favorite. Also, here is a pic of moody:

aipre2.jpg

teiresias

I really loathed Goblet of Fire, just structurally and plotwise it was tedious and annoying, and I just felt like screaming "Get on with it!!!!"

Prisoner of Azkhaban is my favorite with, contrary to many people's opinion, Order of the Phoenix coming in second - I really loved that one, finally we're getting to the meat and potatoes of the matter!

Tama_lh

i think it's a great pick for voldermont!!! i want to see cho too see what the girl looks like!!! viktor i think is supposed to be somewhat less atractive..am i right? in the book at least it seemed that way?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Cho Chang (Katie Leung):

katie2.bmp

katie.bmp

The girl who's playing Fleur looks sweet and is certainly pretty...but she's meant to be completely stunning. Her looks should completely blow us away. I'm not sure what they can do with make up, but I'm not seeing it happen.

She really is French though, which is good. I hear she (Clemence Poesy) has appeared nude in a film too, not that I can find any pics that work. I'm sure as the film gets closer they'll be all over the place though.

luxsol

Hmm, that Clemence Poesy chick isn't even pretty. But she does have nice boobs. If you want to see them, look at that Asian chick's website (the site hosting the images) and figure out what Poesy's site is based on that address. Only took me two tries.

Mama Smurf

Wow, she does have nice tits.

Reminds me a bit of Kirsten Dunst in some images, a lot of 13 year old girls in others :\

Hmm, I notice on IMDB's cast list that Bagman isn't listed at all. Maybe they cut that character for the film.

I wonder if they'll cast Bellatrix for this one...

snaildog

Random thought, what the hell happened to Rik Mayle being the poltergeist? I was really looking forward to him, one of my favourite actors. Was he written out or did he pull out?

AniHawk

teiresias said:
I really loathed Goblet of Fire, just structurally and plotwise it was tedious and annoying, and I just felt like screaming "Get on with it!!!!"

Prisoner of Azkhaban is my favorite with, contrary to many people's opinion, Order of the Phoenix coming in second - I really loved that one, finally we're getting to the meat and potatoes of the matter!

People didn't like Order? I loved it! Umbridge was such a great character to HATE throughout the book, and Fred and George weren't completely useless as I felt they'd been in previous stories.

I also like that the ending didn't really jerk you around, that it got right to the point for once (the first three had twists, and the fourth really not so much). Not to mention that so much shit hits the fans towards the end of the book. It's great, and it finally moved the series forward.

And I thought it felt like a school year, reading it. Unlike the first three, which were more like mysteries where the kids still had school to do, it seemed to dominate their lives and it played a bigger role than the past books.

MrCheez

Order of the Phoenix was great... my only real problem with it... was Harry was kind of a little bitch throughout the whole thing. =( Yeah, he's going through more than any normal kid would have to, and yes it's realistic but... it still annoyed me for some reason.

But as I wrote earlier in the thread, it's still my favorite book in the series after Goblet of Fire. =)

pnjtony

When I heard Emma Thompson was cast as Trelawney I had my doubts but them she was absolutley perfect in the movie so I have no doubt the newely cast girls will do awesome.

I didn't like Azkaban as a book but I loved the movie. I really loved Goblet as a book, but looking back is took a long time to get to it, but once it did it opened up the whole series and now it's full steam ahead.

Phoenix is the most well constructed and fluid book. It never lets up and I can't really see much to cut out which scares me cause you know it'll get chopped

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
The girl playing Cho Chang isn't that pretty with that cap blocking her face. Is she trying to be cool with the cap ?

Mama Smurf

My problems with Order are lack of mystery that the other books have had, and
Voldermort and Dumbledore's fight. Not so much the actual fight, but the fact that they have fought might mean this is the only confrontation we'll see from them in the series (because it was inevitable that at one point they'd clash, but not necessarily twice) and I've been really looking forward to a Book 7 battle. Hopefully it'll still happen.

I still love it though. I'm not going to bother ranking the books as they're all so close together in quality, except that Philosopher's Stone is at the bottom, though it's still enjoyable.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think those two will fight again.

By the end of the 7th book (And i personaly think it will happen at end of book 6), I think Dumbledor will be killed.

Mama Smurf

I think he'll die too. What I thought would happen (this is only spoilered because of Book 5, no future spoilers, as if I have any anyway)
was a Voldermort/Dumbledore fight that Dumbledore would go into knowing full well that he'd die. He'd do that because he needs to actually kill Voldermort, but Voldermort's pretty much immortal at the moment, so he has to use some ancient magic no one else knows about that involves giving up your own life to make him vulnerable. Then it's down to Harry. But ever since Order's battle, I'm not so sure. The thing is, if Order's battle is the first of two between them, then it's great, but if it's the only one we'll see then it wasn't good enough.

teiresias

Order of the Phoenix was great... my only real problem with it... was Harry was kind of a little bitch throughout the whole thing.

Yeah, that's my only real complaint with the book, Harry became quite a bit to take at some point. It was really annoying me too. Particularly when it came to him practicing his mind protection stuff, it just annoyed me that he dumped on that stuff, and everything seemed so clear and everyone was telling him to do it that I really had no sympathy for him when everything went to shit because he wasn't practicing it. Even though no one explicitly told him why it was important, the writing was on the wall about why it was important.

MASB

teiresias said:
Yeah, that's my only real complaint with the book, Harry became quite a bit to take at some point. It was really annoying me too. Particularly when it came to him practicing his mind protection stuff, it just annoyed me that he dumped on that stuff, and everything seemed so clear and everyone was telling him to do it that I really had no sympathy for him when everything went to shit because he wasn't practicing it. Even though no one explicitly told him why it was important, the writing was on the wall about why it was important.
And poor Snape. Harry stills goes after him even after finding out about Snape's past. Maybe Snape will be the hero in the end!

Memles

Flaming Duck said:
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org has some pics of GoF filming (although the quality isn't that great) and around five pages of the script as it is now dealing with the first task. It's a pretty interesting read.

Makes me wonder how they'll let the viewer know what the scores are...probably with Skeeter headlines.

Sounds awesome enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom