• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

W . . . T . . . F . . . 1,072lbs??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

That's nasty, but something tells me this dude has a more serious problem then simply not watching what he eats.

mrmyth

story.vert.half.ton.man.ap.gif

"Jimmy Hoffa's under my left nut."Pause."He itches."

Tool said:
Once you get past 400 lbs, you have to eat ALOT to keep on putting on weight. The fact that he had a total lack of physical activity would not be the greatest factor for him putting on more and more weight up to 1000 lbs. If you eat a reasonable amount of food per day (approx 2000 calories) for an average man, you won't get to be 1000 lbs regardless of how inactive you are.

One pound of body fat contains about 3,500 calories

I can pretty much guarantee that this guy was eating at least 4000 calories a day, when he was able to walk. After that, his diet probably stayed the same. 2000 calorie intake is for a medium amout of activity. When's he's lying in bed he can't possibly use more than a quarter of those 4000 calories. Let's say 3000 calories at 80% a day that don't get used = 2,400 calories that turn into fat per day. That's a little less than a lb a day. three years and that's 1,000 lbs of fat. I'm sure he cut down on some of that when he couldn't waddle out of bed, so 6 yrs in bed would do that to you.

Tool

Banned
Diablos said:
That's nasty, but something tells me this dude has a more serious problem then simply not watching what he eats.

They mentioned in the article he's lost 300 lbs by just eating 1,200 calories /day. That would suggest that by simply watching what he eats he can lose weight.

totoro'd

muncheese said:
I can pretty much guarantee that this guy was eating at least 4000 calories a day, when he was able to walk. After that, his diet probably stayed the same. 2000 calorie intake is for a medium amout of activity. When's he's lying in bed he can't possibly use more than a quarter of those 4000 calories. Let's say 3000 calories at 80% a day that don't get used = 2,400 calories that turn into fat per day. That's a little less than a lb a day. three years and that's 1,000 lbs of fat. I'm sure he cut down on some of that when he couldn't waddle out of bed, so 6 yrs in bed would do that to you.

Not necessarily. I've seen stories about alot of these morbidly obese bedridden people, and their metabolism slows down so much that eventually even a small amount of food causes weight gain

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Surely we can make fun of the big fat guy when so many of us were joking about the woman who was accidentaly decapitated by her husband's chainsaw.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Mama Smurf said:
Surely we can make fun of the big fat guy when so many of us were joking about the woman who was accidentaly decapitated by her husband's chainsaw.

not to mention making fun of the six Xdudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom