• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waffle House employees fired for doing their hair in the kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She dipped her hair down in the pot and when it came back up she was drying it off with one of the towels," Robinson told WREG. "I see people do that in their houses and things like that but for a restaurant, I don't know."
I'm sorry, what?

I went to Waffle House once and was disappointed they didn't have pancakes or french toast.
I'm fucking drunk and I have all of the ingredients to make my own pancakes... I won't do it. Or maybe.....

I even bought real maple syrup a few days ago. I'll wait until morning. But for that, Waffle House should just stop. Well I guess at least they're good for assessing disaster area damage. I do give them credit for that.

The anti-Waffle House talk this thread devolved into is problematic.

I second that notation. I love Waffle House it has some good food providing the cooks are not doing their hair.

I wanna know want went through the mind of those people. Did they expect not to get caught?

Madness

Lmao, the balls on her to do it right in the open.

Obviously it's unsanitary as well as extremely gross, but I'm genuinely curious if there's any serious health risks that could arise from eating hair, anyone know?

Bacteria, sweat, organisms like lice, other things like dandruff, dry skin etc. Not to mention possible hair chemicals like gel, hairspray on the strands. There isn't really anything life threatening, but it's unhygienic, nasty, disgusting. It's why hair nets are often required in a lot of places.

besada

Banned
Wafflehouse food is greasy, terrible, and will burn a hole right through your stomach, but sometimes that's just what you need. After a long night on the bottle, it's exactly the sort of food to nail your feet back down to the ground. Smothered, covered, scattered, chunked, and topped -- temporary salvation from the demon rum.

Wafflehouse food is greasy, terrible, and will burn a hole right through your stomach, but sometimes that's just what you need. After a long night on the bottle, it's exactly the sort of food to nail your feet back down to the ground. Smothered, covered, scattered, chunked, and topped -- temporary salvation from the demon rum.

I've done some stuff when wasted. But nobody needs that. There are much better options than going to that literal pigsty. It's the Walmart of restaurants.

White Man's rule. We need pictures. A 360 panorama of the location, and your food. Go!
My bad boss, we just left.

I had 3 hashbrowns, 2 waffles, and grilled cheese. Water.

The lady had a waffle, grits, scrambled eggs, and bacon. Sprite.

I'm pissed the waitress with the big booty didn't wait us. She didn't have on make up this time either so I could see that she possibly smokes unlike the last time.

The order came up to 19.26. I tipped 5 bucks and let the waitress keep the 74 cents. She was happy.

It was loud, crowded, and not like we usually have it.

One guy came in imitating a damn train (welcome to Tennessee)

I won't be going back for a while. I've gotta lose some weight for my surgery.

That should make up for no pics.

People hating on Waffle House here got me confused. Shit's delicious.

Friends and I always go there when I visit Georgia and we're in town or picking someone up from the airport.

EYEL1NER

Do people not chew their food? It's pretty easy to tell when you have a hair in your mouth, before getting to the coughing stage. Still sucks for the customers though of course.
Its possible he didn't just swallow a bite whole with no chewing; if I detect a hair in my food once it has passed the lip barrier and is inside my mouth, I start retching and coughing and damn-near throw up.

Just gross, though. I've found hair in my food many times over the years and it always ruins my meal but I have never detected any hair in my food at a resteraunt, it's always home-cooked food. Maybe I've just gotten lucky or maybe resteraunts are just super-good about keeping hairs outta there, I'm not sure which.

I just spent the last 15 minutes watching videos of black women boiling their weaves. I didn't know this was a thing. I learn something new every day. Luckily for me I didn't learn it at my local IHOP.

weshes195

I don't get it, is this something all women do? or is it only black women?

The two areas I have little knowledge are women and hair.

slit

Okay, so what is accomplished by dipping your hair in boiling water?

That would pretty much destroy your hair.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Yeah okay but this is still only the 3rd most Waffle House story in the history of Waffle House. The all time 1st of course being, "there was a brawl at a Waffle House..." followed closely by "there was a robbery at a Waffle House..."

They should be banned from working with food prepared for public consumption. They're just going to go and get a job at Burger King or something.

hydruxo

I mean, it's Waffle House. They're infamous for being fucking gross. Doesn't excuse it or anything, but there's a reason most people only eat there when they are hammered.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Guys, come on. Are all the restaurant workers here going to tell me they've never bathed in their restaurant's kitchen sink? I've lost count of how many restaurant kitchen sinks I've bathed in.

RPGCrazied

These people disgust me, I think they should get fined along with a firing. You are messing with people's heath and dangering them. Like that women at checkers putting a bun on a floor and wiping it around.

VeKivk7.gif

Disgusting people.

Kinyou

These people disgust me, I think they should get fined along with a firing. You are messing with people's heath and dangering them. Like that women at checkers putting a bun on a floor and wiping it around.

VeKivk7.gif

Disgusting people.
The one in the OP can sort of be explained with stupidity, but this is just malicious shit.

Ran rp

VeKivk7.gif

Disgusting people.

:| all kitchens should be visible to the public :| :| :|

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Why wold they be dipping their hair in boiling water? Is that at thing people do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom