• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe On Xbox Series X|S - Available Now

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Bullet Jump into the next generation.. Bigger, better and more beautiful than ever before, immerse yourself in the enhanced rendering, dynamic lighting, faster loading times and more. Available now with Call of the Tempestarii!

Last edited:

Concern

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

ethomaz

Banned
I thought PS generally had marketing for this game?
Marketing? It is a F2P games that was not on XBox because it had no F2P option there.
MS opened the gate and now you have it.

Ps players have had the next gen version for a few months. Maybe 'marketing' has something to do with that decision.
It was because Xbox didn't have F2P until very recently... you have to pay to play F2P games there so Warframe never ported.
The moment MS removed the paywall from F2P Warframe devs made the port.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Marketing? It is a F2P games that was not on XBox because it had no F2P option there.
MS opened the gate and now you have it.

It was because Xbox didn't have F2P until very recently... you have to pay to play F2P games there so Warframe never ported.
The moment MS removed the paywall from F2P Warframe devs made the port.

Games been on Xbox years.....

splattered

So i've been getting Warframe skins and weapons and boosters and stuff through Twitch and elsewhere for forever... my twitch is/was linked with Warframe for sure but i just logged into it on my XSX and i don't see ANY new skins or anything? Granted i haven't logged into the game in over a year but all the stuff i originally had is still there, but NONE of the twitch and whatever other promotional stuff i've accumulated since i last played it just not there that i can see? Is there a special chest on the ship or in game i can open like division maybe? I was bummed to log in and check out the next gen version and not see any of these skins and stuff i should have had.

Kagey K

Banned
So i've been getting Warframe skins and weapons and boosters and stuff through Twitch and elsewhere for forever... my twitch is/was linked with Warframe for sure but i just logged into it on my XSX and i don't see ANY new skins or anything? Granted i haven't logged into the game in over a year but all the stuff i originally had is still there, but NONE of the twitch and whatever other promotional stuff i've accumulated since i last played it just not there that i can see? Is there a special chest on the ship or in game i can open like division maybe? I was bummed to log in and check out the next gen version and not see any of these skins and stuff i should have had.
To use skins you need to have the warframe that skin is for. When you equip it you can edit appearance and change the skin.

Check the in game inbox (start, communicstions) and see what emails are in there.

Last edited:

Banned
Ps players have had the next gen version for a few months. Maybe 'marketing' has something to do with that decision.

if you know the devs, it's more like them being super slow once again. they are notoriously slow with updates, which is also why there is no crossplay or crossprogression yet. they still can't manage to release updates simultaniously on all platforms. usually PC is first, then XBox and PlayStation (usually simultaniously/very close to eachother, but this was a completely new port, hence the different release times) and Switch in last.

I have no idea why they don't just release Updates when they're ready on all platforms. maybe because they fear PC fanboy dipshits would complain that the console versions hold back the PC patches? but crossplay + progression would be worth it for many I bet.

but the next gen update really is nice, the game looks way more polished now and the loading on SX is fucking lightning fast. loading into Plains of Eidolon is less than 2-3 sec when it was about a minute or so on One X

Last edited:

splattered

To use skins you need to have the warframe that skin is for. When you equip it you can edit appearance and change the skin.

Check the in game inbox (start, communicstions) and see what emails are in there.

There were only three e-mails, one of them was about a Rhino skin but i didn't see it anywhere in game. Only two warframes i see that i own are the volt and then errr don't remember the name of the other one. I have some credits and boosts and stuff but it would be nice if there was an area of the game that showed what skins you own for stuff before you go and acquire it.

Banned
There were only three e-mails, one of them was about a Rhino skin but i didn't see it anywhere in game. Only two warframes i see that i own are the volt and then errr don't remember the name of the other one. I have some credits and boosts and stuff but it would be nice if there was an area of the game that showed what skins you own for stuff before you go and acquire it.

there is, I in your inventory. there's a category named appearance (I think)

and there you'll see literally every piece of cosmetic you own including skins, helmets, Syandanas etc.

edit: here a screencap from the companion app of my Appearance Inventory as an example
screenshot_20210508-2l0kkd.jpg

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Read 01011001 01011001 post above me. To get to inventory just go in the start menus and then once in the inventory screen RB over to appearance, to see them all.

Rhino is an easy early farm on the star chart and a good frame that can carry you through a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom