• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Fantasy XIV Online Open Beta is now available on Xbox Series X|S

Draugoth

Gold Member
FFXIV_XBX_OBT_Promo_Dash-9070a617204be30b2073.jpg
  • Critically Acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV Online has officially launched into Open Beta on Xbox Series X|S
  • Boasting 4K support on Xbox Series X and faster loading times on both consoles, all progress will carry over to the full launch
  • Our Starter Guide Series offers tips and tricks to make your early steps into the realm of Eorzea even better

It’s been a long old journey, but we’re thrilled to finally be able to say critically acclaimed Online RPG Final Fantasy XIV Online is officially available on Xbox Series X|S!

Today’s launch into Open Beta offers Xbox players the full breadth of content available in the much-hyped Free Trial, with more to come when the full release arrives. Better yet, all progress will carry over, so let’s take a look at what’s on offer as well as give you some tips and tricks about how to start your adventures in Eorzea!

Via Xbox

Hmm, not seeing anything about the beta starting on XIV's website. I think Xbox intern may have been premature here.

Edit: yep, the Xbox article is now gone lol

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's free yeah? For the entirety, you don't need a month's sub or anything
I know on PC there is a free trial that lets you play for an unlimited amount of time, but has a pretty limiting feature set. For the story, it extends through the game's second expansion now, I believe. However, you can't form a party (you can be invited into other players parties, and you can do dungeon raids that auto-create parties), you're capped at level 70, you don't have access to most of the advanced jobs, and you also can't use the marketplace to buy things from other players. This last one gets cumbersome quickly as you can still buy most things from NPCs / shops in the game, but they're very spread out and cost more than the typical "market price" for most things.

Unclear if this free trial will extend onto Xbox or not. It is available on PlayStation, so I would guess it's probably also going to be available on Xbox.

One thing to note - once you upgrade from the free trial to the full game / paid subscription, there is no going backwards. Even if your character is under the level cap, hasn't gotten very far in the story, etc., there is no way to "downgrade" your account to the free trial and you'll have to pay the monthly subscription to keep playing.

Top Bottom