• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 coming to N-Gage

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Your favourite N-Gage viral marketer strikes again

Warhammer 40,000 goes mobile for the first time on the N-Gage platform with Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death

Espoo, Finland, August 18, 2005 – Nokia, Games Workshop and THQ Wireless today announced the debut of the highly successful Warhammer 40,000 franchise to the N-Gage platform with Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death. The highly acclaimed classic table-top strategy game from Games Workshop has been produced and developed for the N-Gage platform for Warhammer 40,000 fans to unite and embark on multiplayer war game via Bluetooth connection and the N-Gage Arena, Nokia's global mobile online gaming community.

Gregg Sauter, Director, Games Publishing, Nokia said "Warhammer 40,000 is a well-loved brand by sci-fi action strategy aficionados internationally, with over 100 million miniature characters being sold annually through Games Workshop." Sauter continued, "Developed by Razorback, our version has maintained the original's well designed systems and game play and provides fans with an authentic Warhammer 40,000 experience. Mix in a highly immersive experience where gamers can play anywhere, anytime and the ability for Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death fans to play against other fans via the N-Gage Arena, and we think gamers are going to be thrilled."

Set in the far future, Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death on the N-Gage platform contains the entire Warhammer 40,000 experience where players control one of four races: the Orcs, Space Marines, Eldar and Chaos Marines– each with their own history and game style to master and control across four campaigns in one interlocking story. Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death re-creates the immersive experience for new or veteran players in single player campaign mode or two player Hotseat with one N-Gage game deck, or two players via Bluetooth connection or N-Gage Arena.

Packed full of great visual content, Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death uses a distinct visual style to bring the Warhammer 40,000 universe to life on the N-Gage platform. This is further assisted by original in-game character artwork being designed by Mike McMahon, one of 2000AD's most popular comic artists, most known for WatchTower and Fat City.

First look of the game is offered to selected media at GenCon in Indianapolis, USA and Leipzig Games Convention in Germany. Warhammer 40,000 on the N-Gage game deck is expected to take over N-Gage gamers' world in winter 2006.
Media coming soon.

BTW I have an Ikusa Islands beta buried somewhere but I'm not sure if gaf wants some impressions...

Borys said:
WTF woebethefuck?

Stop coming to threads that don't interest you.

Warhammer interests me, but I'm not buying an N-gage for it.

Go yell at Drinky , Dhrone and countless ohters that hop into threads about crap that they don't care about.

Ikaris

To: N-Gage

GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!

Seriously though...

how the fuck is the N-Gage getting Rifts and Warhammer 40K ?!!

RIFTS by god ! One of the greatest and most original worlds ever invented !

http://www.ngagegaming.com/news.cgi?id=GGGNLdHrHL05120801

On a 2 x 3 pixel screen with 3 triangles per second !

It deserves much more ! How could Palladium whore out this license to be made on such a POS piece of hardware ?!

http://www.hcgamer.hu/gamer/images/cikkek/2004_05/rifts_sb.jpg

My brain is going to explode ! HELP !

wobedraggled said:
Go yell at Drinky , Dhrone and countless ohters that hop into threads about crap that they don't care about.
wow. So you are getting your revenge on N-Gage? Stupid ninbot. But whatever makes you feel better.

Maybe they are still making games because in 2006 N-gage as a platform will be integrated to most of the Nokia symbian smartphones. And those devices sell in millions.

Project Midway said:
wow. So you are getting your revenge on N-Gage? Stupid ninbot. But whatever makes you feel better.

Maybe they are still making games because in 2006 N-gage as a platform will be integrated to most of the Nokia symbian smartphones. And those devices sell in millions.

Revenge?!!??! WTF!

Anyway, I didn't know that about the N-gae technology, so it actually does make a little bit of sense now, let's just hope for ds/psp ports of some N-Gage games.

I am a bit confused as to why NGage titles are still being made. Perhaps the numbers aren't exactly accurate, I'm not sure, but take a look at the Ngage numbers in the NPD each month. They are terrible. A few hundred software sold here and there, etc. Maybe NPD doesn't count cell phone stores and the like? Perhaps there are millions of Ngage owners/customers that we don't even know about! :lol

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Biglesworth23 said:
I am a bit confused as to why NGage titles are still being made. Perhaps the numbers aren't exactly accurate, I'm not sure, but take a look at the Ngage numbers in the NPD each month. They are terrible. A few hundred software sold here and there, etc. Maybe NPD doesn't count cell phone stores and the like? Perhaps there are millions of Ngage owners/customers that we don't even know about! :lol
Well, there is a niche market in Europe. Nothing to scare Nintendo but there are certainly a few people with N-Gages and some of them actually buy games. I am pretty sure that most of them don't break even, but Nokia funds a lot of projects and sees the platform as both an experiment to learn and a long term "investment"

I must say that Nokia America is very different from Nokia Europe, you have some fine assholes running the show over there (or at least you had)

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
Funky Papa said:
I must say that Nokia America is very different from Nokia Europe, you have some fine assholes running the show over there (or at least you had)

over there being Europe or America?

both had their fair share of hooligans (but they've begun making some smarter decisions that could produce a viable platform at some point in the future)

Culex

Banned
Does anyone on this board actually own an N-Gage? I'm curious as to how that Sega online RPG is, and wouldn't mind hearing first-hand accounts.

I participated in the Dawn of War beta, and it was a great game. First RTS I've played (outside of Pikmin) since like Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2. I had a lot of fun. Speaking of RTS games, I'll probably be picking up Warcraft III sometime in the near future. But Dawn of War is only like $20 too, so that's tempting.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
Funky Papa said:
Doh, America of course. Nokia Europe had some serious beef with them.

I think the feeling was mutual (which wasn't constructive for anybody). For what it's worth, the operations are more US-based then before. (like when it launched)

It's still a pretty global endeavour though (German, Finland, San Fran, Vancouver).

Chittagong

Gold Member
First Warhammer screens

Warhammer1.jpg

Warhammer2.jpg

Warhammer3.jpg

Warhammer6.jpg

Warhammer5.jpg

Top Bottom