• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40000: Space Marine 2 Details Leak Online

Draugoth

Gold Member
nqyAJzSXromWZPf7SzCiDtZh.jpg

Someone decided to show the entire artbook for the game early on youtube:

• Confirms PvP is Marine x Marine only (The artbook shows classes.)
  • There's Banner and Clan customization for PvP
  • Seems there's a base area which you go to upgrade your main character and pick story missions.
  • One of the main characters is named Chairon
  • Shows the enemies,levels and bosses (Multiple types of Tyrandis and Chaos Marines)
  • Shows all weapons, vehicles and interactive objects (Knifes, boltgun types etc)

Source

Barakov

Looking forward to all the gene stealer murder. And if I don't have to see that snitching bitch Leandros ever again all the better.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm not watchin' this, but if artbook is already done, then that means the game is for sure will be released this year. Last years previews were mentioning performance problems, so I hope that they'll be fixed at launch, they had full year to make it happen.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
sounds boring, probably just another DOA warhammer game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yo.....was it known the DeathWatch were going to be in this?
And this time the Chaos are Thousands Sons......jeez this already sounds epic as shit.
Ohh man, I gotta to stop the video there cuz Im worried id be too spoiled by it.....but my excitment is def piqued.

Can I play as a female Marine

Adepta Sororitas would certainly be welcomed.
The enemy is close by and does not surrender. Do they not know the Sisters Militant?!?!

a08ae99074a349742b27259e573ae713.png

BSB_Art-Sep2-Image1ihs.jpg

https___trade.games-workshop.com_assets_2020_01_Adepta-Sororitas.jpg

We already know there are more weapons than shown. The artbook only has bolt carbine variants (the ones used by marines in Phobos armour - Incursors, Infiltrators, and Reivers) while we've already seen two variants of bolt rifles (the longer ones, used mostly by Incursors) and a heavy bolter in the gameplay trailers.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yo.....was it known the DeathWatch were going to be in this?
And this time the Chaos are Thousands Sons......jeez this already sounds epic as shit.
Ohh man, I gotta to stop the video there cuz Im worried id be too spoiled by it.....but my excitment is def piqued.

Adepta Sororitas would certainly be welcomed.
The enemy is close by and does not surrender. Do they not know the Sisters Militant?!?!

a08ae99074a349742b27259e573ae713.png

BSB_Art-Sep2-Image1ihs.jpg

https___trade.games-workshop.com_assets_2020_01_Adepta-Sororitas.jpg
I'd love to play Warhammer TPS / Action game with female lead after Space Marine 2😍

Holammer

Loved the first game, played it to completion several times.
The stuff they have shown so far makes me a little bit nervous, I liked the noble captain Titus, but now he behaves and sounds like Shadow the Hedgehog. They better have more than Tyranids to fight, they have literally zero personality. Just a bunch of legally distinct xenomorph clones with guns.

Black_Stride

Well the writer of the game probably snuck that in.

Her impact will be felt!

vhtd3p5i9t481.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit.

I'd love to play Warhammer TPS / Action game with female lead after Space Marine 2😍
I actually really liked the Sisters of battle in SoulStorm.
And some of my favorite Warhammer 40K media has focused on them atleast in part.
So i would totally jump at the chance to play them in a future title.

71Ku4U9JJ4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

BLPROCESSED-Heart-And-Soul-Cover.jpg

Lets be honest here though. If Games Workshop hasn't bulged on their "No female Marines" policy in the last 30 years. They sure wont do it now.

Absolutely.
Theres no reason to either....they ahve a "female space marine" in the Sisters of Battle.
Hell id be super interested in playing a Sisters of Battle game with our lead character actually being touched by the Warp (not as perverted as it sounds), (actually just as perverted as it sounds because the Dark God is Slaanesh).

Watch both sides stumble over themselves.
Strong Female Character........who has boob armor.........bows to no man(cept the Emporer(her God))........but she falls into perversion

Romulus

Can you alter your appearance in this game? I like the look of space marine armor and helmet types but the MC they've shown in all the footage looks super bland and generic.

Last edited:
Well the writer of the game probably snuck that in.

Again, he got fired years ago and isn't working on SM2 anymore.

All I've seen "woke" for now in this game is that black Ultramarine (well some people on Steam will try to persuade you a non-white Marine - other than Salamanders or White Scars - is "woke") and the female Cadian commanding officer in the artbook... and I reserve judgement on that one, Lieutenant Mira was a great character in the first game.

Black_Stride

Can you alter your appearance in this game? I like the look of space marine armor and helmet types but the MC they've shown in all the footage looks super bland and generic.

In the main Campaign you are Titus....so you look like Titus.
In the MP you can be whoever you want to be.

You could also buy the game on PC and mod out his head if you so please.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
In the main Campaign you are Titus....so you look like Titus.
In the MP you can be whoever you want to be.

You could also buy the game on PC and mod out his head if you so please.

The only thing that throws a wrench into that is the fact that the story is 3 player coop, so you won't just play as Titus, this opens up the potential for each character to have multiple marks of armor or different configurations of purity seals, ornaments and motifs.

They would however have to keep certain things like rank insignias and unit outfit marking if they go that far, however there prior game World War Z had a good system where you could unlock and choose from a small range of unique character cosmetic load outs.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Lets be honest here though. If Games Workshop hasn't bulged on their "No female Marines" policy in the last 30 years. They sure wont do it now.
Well, considering what they did with the Custodes, I would not be too surprised....

Gojiira

Banned
Yep my biggest worry too. The Orks last time provided alot more variety.
Lol what? Why are people whinging about Nids…They have a ton of variety, Termigaunts,Hormigaunts,Gene Stealers,Lictors,Biophage,Tyrannofex,Carnofex,Neurogaunt,Rippers,Warriors,Hive Tyrant,Screamer Killer,Biovore etc etc. Orks had no variety last time….😂

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Again, he got fired years ago and isn't working on SM2 anymore.

All I've seen "woke" for now in this game is that black Ultramarine (well some people on Steam will try to persuade you a non-white Marine - other than Salamanders or White Scars - is "woke") and the female Cadian commanding officer in the artbook... and I reserve judgement on that one, Lieutenant Mira was a great character in the first game.

Is this confirmed? If so, from where? Because his website makes out that he's very much been part of the Space Marine 2 writing team.

CGNoire

Lol what? Why are people whinging about Nids…They have a ton of variety, Termigaunts,Hormigaunts,Gene Stealers,Lictors,Biophage,Tyrannofex,Carnofex,Neurogaunt,Rippers,Warriors,Hive Tyrant,Screamer Killer,Biovore etc etc. Orks had no variety last time….😂
I meant in strategy they promoted. There was a large number or troops that attacked from all sorts of ranges both close and far and required specific crowd handling strategies to deal with depending on the hordes current makeup. Im sure there will be some of that but the footage sure as hell isnt showing it. The combat looks alot more repetetive than the 1st so far.

Fabieter

I got the first game in the fire sale of thq ob steam before the went bankrupt. It was really great dumb fun.

GymWolf

I meant in strategy they promoted. There was a large number or troops that attacked from all sorts of ranges both close and far and required specific crowd handling strategies to deal with depending on the hordes current makeup. Im sure there will be some of that but the footage sure as hell isnt showing it. The combat looks alot more repetetive than the 1st so far.
Yep, orcs didn't had much variety but they had way more personality than hivemind brainless xeno-insects we saw in the trailer.

Until they show something that is not just a swarm of small insects or something more interesting than a bipedal xenomoprh with a machine gun i'm gonna save my doubts on the cast of enemies.

GymWolf

For FUCK SAKE , are these fucking creatures everywhere ? is there a game dev company that doesnt have any of them ?

I wish they would just fucking disappear off the face of the earth

they wonder why people hate them
Hopefully they don't make the protagonist a sensible pussy because a real space marine has too much toxic masculinity...

samoilaaa

Hopefully they don't make the protagonist a sensible pussy because a real space marine has too much toxic masculinity...
cmon , just look around you and you will know the answer , when was the last time an AAA game had a trully masculine white man protagonist ? you know the gears of war 1-3 type

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

For FUCK SAKE , are these fucking creatures everywhere ? is there a game dev company that doesnt have any of them ?

Unfortunately, yes. Western game developers are pretty much all like this now. Best thing you can do is switch to possibly Eastern European developers and Japanese/Asian developers, of course the latter is infested with Western translators/localizers.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

For a moment there I thought you were complaining about the tyranids. :goog_relieved:

But yeah shit sucks. I would guess companies get ESG points for hiring them.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
From linkedin iirc, although I can't seem to find his profile anymore (too many people with that nama lol).

Yeah. I got the impression he may have moved on... but there's no sign his contribution isn't still part of the game.

And that's not to say that his contribution will necessarily be bad... but someone who clearly hates white straight dudes so much is probably not going to be the best person to get the subtleties of the bigotry in 40k, or has the core audience in mind in a positive manner.

Last edited:
Been waiting for this, but recently watched some game play on YouTube and it reminds me of that mid game, Aliens Fireteam, where you mow down waves of Xenomorphs.

Was hoping it was going to be more Gears-like.

Darkmakaimura

There have been so many good Warhammer 40k games lately. They do better even than Henry Potter and Lord of Ring games.

Not even the Dumbledorf or Gandalf can fight Emperor of Man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom