• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warzone 1 - Servers come to a halt on September 21st, 2023

HTK

Banned
Source: https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2023/06/call-of-duty-warzone-caldera-update

This is really unfortunate, I played the living hell out of Warzone 1 for 2 1/2 years. I feel like they dropped the ball with WZ 2.0, I went from playing hundreds of hours to 1 or 2 hours on WZ 2.0 since launch.

Anyway, it's a sad day for one of those GaaS games that I enjoyed quite a bit. I didn't buy any bundles but for those who have, they will be accessible in MW2019 or Vanguard but they are gone forever with WZ1.

EDIT: I wouldn't put it past them for the shut down trying to force those folks to WZ2 where the bundles are at, I know I had no issues getting a match in WZ1 even earlier this year when I played it.

Last edited:
Maybe this will cause all of the people with Michael Myers skins to leave MW 2019 making it enjoyable to play again like it was for the first few months of launch.

Top Bottom