• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

SJRB

Gold Member
so klepek did an OP on aiden's character (spoilers)

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/i-dont-think-you-deserve-redemption-aiden-pearce/1100-4960/

I guess i wasn't the only one that
shot the guy. I mean i've been shooting so many guys, makes no sense why not to shoot him.

If you collected the burner phones it makes perfect sense not to shoot him.

Only a sociopath would execute him after all the brutal torture he has already been through, considering the information revealed on the burner phones.

Ridesh

Banned
Hey PS4 guys, a question, in terms of pop-in, is there a difference between the digital and physical version?

Now with the pre-load, I'm ready to go full digital, but then I remembered GTA V...

Kuldar

Hey PS4 guys, a question, in terms of pop-in, is there a difference between the digital and physical version?

Now with the pre-load, I'm ready to go full digital, but then I remembered GTA V...
On PS4 (and Xbox One) there is no data streaming from the disk. Everything is installed on the console hard drive. So digital and physical version are identical.

Fuck you drinking game, fuck you.

Also pretty pissed off that I have no been tailed once. Ive finished chapter 3 and unlocked/finished every single side game/investigation besides the BS drinking game. Don't think this is going to be a plat.

Also pretty pissed off that I have no been tailed once. Ive finished chapter 3 and unlocked/finished every single side game/investigation besides the BS drinking game. Don't think this is going to be a plat.

I think invading others increases your own chance of being invaded.

RyudBoy

I find that it's highly likely you'll be invaded after you successfully hack (or partially hack) someone. Just hide in a corner and wait about 30 secs while making sure you survey the open area. Look out for someone walking/running, or driving crazy!

And yes, fuck the drinking game, but I'm done with it. :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Booted this up for the first time in a few weeks after some interruptions- installed the .99 TheWorse/MaLDo mod and for whatever reason, it's playable on Ultra textures for me now. Still stuttering when driving fast, but at this point it feels worth it, everything looks great. Looking forward to spending some more time in digital Chicago :>

I find that it's highly likely you'll be invaded after you successfully hack (or partially hack) someone. Just hide in a corner and wait about 30 secs while making sure you survey the open area. Look out for someone walking/running, or driving crazy!

And yes, fuck the drinking game, but I'm done with it. :p

Ways to know someone is in your game:
Focus doesn't slow down time
Pressing back/start doesn't pause the game

How to quickly make the game tell you about the hacker once you know about him:
(Xbox) Press Back, RB or LB and then start Online Tailing matchmaking, it'll tell you you're being invaded and give you a location.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ways to know someone is in your game:
Focus doesn't slow down time
Pressing back/start doesn't pause the game
If you're on foot with your profiler out, Aiden will also put the phone away.

How to quickly make the game tell you about the hacker once you know about him:
(Xbox) Press Back, RB or LB and then start Online Tailing matchmaking, it'll tell you you're being invaded and give you a location.
Hate this :-/

krae_man

Man online hacking is bullshit. Every time I get hacked its in an area with multiple height levels, lots of cars etc. I just spawned alone on a pedestrian bridge with my target in a car and almost ran me over two seconds after I spawned.

krae_man

God I hate online hacking. I just spawned into the game with my target driving right towards me in a car twice in a row. How am I supposed to hack when I get profiled under 10 seconds after spawning?

And now I just spawned on foot with my tarket riding the train.

Why can't I find someone who doesn't give a Shit?

God I hate online hacking. I just spawned into the game with my target driving right towards me in a car twice in a row. How am I supposed to hack when I get profiled under 10 seconds after spawning?

The hacking was good for less than a week. After that I've only had bad experiences.

krae_man

Finally got 10 hacks. Managed to get a couple areas with lots of places to hide. The 10th one had a 6 story parking garage in it. Dude had no chance:lol

One time I spawned alone on a boardwalk that goes out into the water with a bench at the end with my target driving a car right towards me and I had no chance and died. When I reloaded I respawned on the boardwalk and I got immidiately hacked and the dude spawned 10 feet from me. Suddenly a generic npc character model appears out of nowhere right in front of me looking at his phone exactly like Aiden does. I profiled him and shot him before he had a chance to do a thing. So broken.

Chitown B

agreed, I don't know how people can profile you that fast or always know when you're invading the second you do. I haven't played this game in a month.

krae_man

agreed, I don't know how people can profile you that fast or always know when you're invading the second you do. I haven't played this game in a month.

It all has to do with where you spawn. You stick out like a sore thumb with your animations when you know what to look for. I had someone spawn 10 feet in front of me and despite being a black NPC I could tell it was someone hacking me. The way the character was looking down at their phone was 100% Aiden.

It's either insanely easy if you have a parking garage to hide in or whatever or impossible when you spawn 10 feet from the guy in an open area.

Chitown B

It all has to do with where you spawn. You stick out like a sore thumb with your animations when you know what to look for. I had someone spawn 10 feet in front of me and despite being a black NPC I could tell it was someone hacking me. The way the character was looking down at their phone was 100% Aiden.

It's either insanely easy if you have a parking garage to hide in or whatever or impossible when you spawn 10 feet from the guy in an open area.

half the time I spawn and the dude is already driving somewhere way across the area from me at 60mph away from me.

Lately I've been making it a point to go shoot up the 3 bars from the drinking game everytime I play.
Oh and some guy invaded me tonight just as I was getting on a train. He gave up.

krae_man

Just need to finish the drinking games, get tailed a few times and somehow find Dark Steering.

I looked it up online and I can only get that song from hacking. I've seen message board posts with people complaining about looking for hours :(

RulkezX

Haven't played this for ages , but I loaded it up on PS4 today and some sections while driving where a choppy mess, the frame rate took a massive nose dive. Is this a known issue ? The alternative is my PS4 is dying :(

Haven't played this for ages , but I loaded it up on PS4 today and some sections while driving where a choppy mess, the frame rate took a massive nose dive. Is this a known issue ? The alternative is my PS4 is dying :(

I've noticed this happening sometimes as well. I played an online race last night and it gradually turned into a slideshow for some reason. I also noticed I get stutters after missions and stuff that I don't think was there before. Haven't really had it affect gameplay really outside that one online race.

Finished up the story this past weekend and I really enjoyed it. Loved being stealthy and using the cameras to plan routes and whatnot and messing with the guards. Good fun.

I've read a lot of complaints about the soundtrack, but I have to say I loved it. It has (good) Weezer, Alkaline Trio, Screeching Weasel, Rise Against and some great jazz, blues and R&B. Very happy with the music selection. One of my favorite songs in the game is He Used to Be by The Right Now. Love cruising around to that song.

RyudBoy

Same thing occurs on XB1. I believe it 's the netcode at fault. Racing online causes the frame rate to plunge, but it's weird because it doesn't happen in every race. Anyhow, never touching online racing again.

In SP my FPS is perfectly fine, every game during online racing has always been a slideshow, but I just did enough for the trophy and quit. All other modes are perfect still.

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, this thread died. I completed the game..but has the game community died all together?

This always happens at some point for most game threads. Even huge threads like the GTAV thread are a wasteland these days.

To be fair there isn't much left to discuss at this point.

krae_man

Found my last song!

Just need to be tailed a few more times and the drinking game trophy.

Also I found a truck gun:

i2mrwxiK69ihy.gif

I really enjoyed the game, finished up almost all of the side content and got every trophy save for a couple (fuck that drinking game) - but there really isn't much more to say. I imagine things will pick back up once the campaign DLC stuff comes out. The multiplayer was fun, but kind of broken at a very basic level with the netcode.

Speaking of DLC though, it looks like it might be set in New Jersey?

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/07/30/watch-dogs-dlc-tease-rats-out-camden-new-jersey/

Moozo

Just rushed through the story so I can trade this in when I pick up TLOU tomorrow. The last mission was frustrating and the story went to shit about the start of act 4 and the missions never got as fun as they looked as though they might.

And I have real problems with Aiden's character's purpose, morals and objectives. You'll know what I mean if you've finished it. By the end it's just a mockery.

I'd spent a lot of time doing side content rather than the story when I first got it so I think I've got value out of that. I played it until it got repetitive, so time-wise it gave a pretty good go of it. But I wouldn't put this any higher than a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck.

Tried to scare Maurice but didn't realise that you are locked on to him no matter where you try and aim.

krae_man

Screw the drinking games. Hope Ubi patches them to be non bullshit when some of the DLC comes out. I'm stuck at around level 7 of the two regular ones.

LiK

Completed all the Investigations. I have to say I really enjoyed them. Some pretty tricky ones and I liked they all had some sort of conclusion. I hope they elaborate on these types of missions in the sequel. The collectibles are okay.

I really wish they would allow us to toggle the icons on the map so I'm not hunting them through such a cluttered map. The AC series always allowed you to toggle icons on the map so I'm not sure this wasn't done here.

finally started playing this on ps4 this weekend even though i've owned it since it came out. i'm really, really enjoying it. much more than i thought i would be. i'm probably going to do most of the side stuff because somehow ubisoft always sucks me into that crap haha

edit: wanted to add that the online 1v1 hacking is quite awesome. the game of hide and seek that occurs is so much fun and it's super satisfying winning. really a great idea that i hope they expand in the sequel.

Fredrik

So I'm playing on PC, and it looks reeeally great and moves along super-smoothly, probably one of the best looking games I've seen so far, I love the little details like when people start to walk faster when it rains if they don't have an umbrella, and the animations of the clothes etc. But omg driving with mouse and keyboard is almost unplayable for me as a console gamer, even just walking around the street with digital w/a/s/d controls is crazy bad compared what I'm used to on consoles - how do you PC gamers cope with it? Or are you using a 360 controller for this game? Having no analog controls other than for aiming has really been hurting my experience of the game so far.

So I'm playing on PC, and it looks reeeally great and moves along super-smoothly, probably one of the best looking games I've seen so far, I love the little details like when people start to walk faster when it rains if they don't have an umbrella, and the animations of the clothes etc. But omg driving with mouse and keyboard is almost unplayable for me as a console gamer, even just walking around the street with digital w/a/s/d controls is crazy bad compared what I'm used to on consoles - how do you PC gamers cope with it? Or are you using a 360 controller for this game? Having no analog controls other than for aiming has really been hurting my experience of the game so far.

I use a 360 controller on PC for pretty much anything that's 3rd person.

I feel like I'm one of the few that is actually enjoying the story so far. I've heard a lot of criticism about it being bland. I don't see it. It's no TLOU, but most of the key characters are fairly compelling and I find myself anxious to get the next campaign mission done to find out more of what's going on.

Fredrik

I use a 360 controller on PC for pretty much anything that's 3rd person.

I feel like I'm one of the few that is actually enjoying the story so far. I've heard a lot of criticism about it being bland. I don't see it. It's no TLOU, but most of the key characters are fairly compelling and I find myself anxious to get the next campaign mission done to find out more of what's going on.
I guess I could do that too, but aiming with a mouse is so much better than with a controller so I don't know if I can go back to that. But imo it's not just third person games that is affected, every game that you can walk or steer slowly on console feels like going back to the PS1-era on PC with the button tapping that is neccessary to achieve the same thing. I guess I'll have to get used to it though. Keyboards should have pressure sensitive wasd keys :p

I agree with the story, he seems to be a complex character at least judging by the start and a few hours in, I like the idea that I can't really tell if he is good or evil so far, a sneaky hacker/thief who's a regular husband/father who's on a revenge killing spree, kind of. The reputation system makes him lean toward the good side but we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom