• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"We are going to fix all the stuff that Kotick broke." - Phil Spencer, at Blizzcon 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Title Update: That's not what Phil Spencer said.

Phil Spencer came up on Stage to talk about the ABK deal alongside Mike Yabara:

Phil Spencer: 'The Future of Blizzard is Brighter Than Ever'​

Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer made an appearance during the BlizzCon 2023 opening ceremony to welcome Blizzard to the Xbox family.

"Now that Blizzard is part of Xbox, we will nurture the essence of what makes Blizzard unique," said Spencer.

"We are going to empower our new colleagues to continue what they do best - redefining existing genres, and creating new never-before-seen experiences. In Azeroth, in near-future-Earth, in Sanctuary, and beyond. I'm honored to be able to be here, to help welcome all of you to Blizzcon 2023."

Mike Yabara got emotional by Phil Spencer words and the crowd cheered. This would be the only in-live moment at the Blizzcon 2023 stage.

Screenshot_2023_11_03_at_11.09.09_AM.png

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This is kind of what I expected as the best case scenario. Run Blizzard a bit more similarly to how it was before Activision fully pimped them out. Maybe an RTS or two. Maybe some more boutique passion projects.

Then let Activision run itself like normal.

skit_data

Sounds good on paper but I'm afraid the effect might be the same as a skateboard repairman trying to fix a Koenigsegg

ProtoByte

Even assuming Spencer actually said this (and I don't think he did), he would be lying through his teeth.

He's not going to "fix" Acti-Blizz's culture (and I wonder where ABK's lawsuit against California for that stuff), and he's certainly not going to raise a bunch of IP back from the dead. Say what you will about Activision turning themselves into a COD machine, but it's a robust one; and Spencer wouldn't know how to operate or build that if he had a Genie in a bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom