• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bobby Kotick is leaving Activision Blizzard on December 29th

Nonehxc

And to celebrate he's finally free of all those pesky acussations and malcontented employees which can't take a light rub, he's riding into the sunset... 🌄🏇🏼🤠🫡

🤔

🤔🤔

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Sorry, I meant he's riding Sunset, the marketing intern from California. 😄🤭🫣

Kings Field

Fuck that fucking pedophile

plNEQuM.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
Unbelievable.

This is akin to buying the Beatles but letting McCartney go because he was a bit of a bell.

XBOX's main problem is they lack anyone with massive testies.

Skifi28

I can actually crack a joke and keep it light. Calling people paid shills is so stupid. That's the most botlike repeated phrase on here.
I have nothing but respect for those that shill for a price. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. In the end, whatever earns one's daily bread. It's those that do it for free that always puzzle me.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Pretty sure I could make a more believable looking document on ms paint. Thing looks like it was made by a 13 year old 4chan russian kid with english as a second language.
It came from wikileaks which government agencies/politicians jumped through hoops basically admitting the information real with how they handled the manhunt for the leaker. He became the defacto 'enemy of the state.'

Last edited:

SHA

Fuck them all. Lulu can go suck some dick. She was incredibly toxic during the acquisition and constantly made both Microsoft and Activision look bad by behaving like a spoiled teenager on twitter (on the other hand she would fit Microsoft as their president didn’t do much better).
Booty has a good view on what makes financial sense and from past quotes from him he sees Xbox going third party. So there is that
You don't get lots of choices and privileges as a third party publisher like what ms has, you know they're not the same, SEGA did that cause they kept on shrinking, not expanding like ms.

nowhat

Kotick is one of the most successful CEOs in the history of the medium. Where he took over Activision to where he left Activision is truly a feat of the Gods. I too hope to gather as many haters that he has one day.
Well, that's not going to happen at least here. On a personal level, I don't hate you. You're more like a mentally retarded cousin, I feel for you.

X-Wing

You don't get lots of choices and privileges as a third party publisher like what ms has, you know they're not the same, SEGA did that cause they kept on shrinking, not expanding like ms.
Is Microsoft's gaming hardware business expanding?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick is stepping down officially December 29th. Microsoft has not appointed a direct replacement and instead has rolled the suite of Activision Blizzard executives including Blizzard president Mike Ybarra, Activision publishing president Rob Kostich, and Activision Blizzard vice chair Thomas Tippl under Microsoft’s game content and studios president Matt Booty.
Kotick’s departure comes just two months after some big Xbox leadership changes that saw Sarah Bond promoted to Xbox president, leading all Xbox platform and hardware work, and Matt Booty promoted to president of game content and studios, including overseeing Bethesda and ZeniMax studios. Now Booty is getting even more responsibilities with Bethesda, Activision Blizzard, and Xbox Game Studios all under his watch.
Microsoft is largely keeping the leadership team of Activision Blizzard in place, with a few executive-level exceptions. Activision Blizzard chief communications officer Lulu Meservey will leave the company at the end of January. Humam Sakhnini (Vice Chairman, Blizzard and King) will also depart at the end of December. A number of Activision Blizzard executives will depart in March, too.

Brian Bulatao (Chief Administrative Officer), Julie Hodges (Chief People Officer), Grant Dixton (Chief Legal Officer), and Grant Dixton (Chief Legal Officer) are all reporting to their Microsoft Gaming equivalents. “Thomas, Brian, Julie, Grant and Armin will continue to help us with the transition through March 2024,” says Spencer.
Microsoft continues to integrate Activision Blizzard into its expanded Microsoft Gaming business, and it’s clear Matt Booty is now taking more responsibility than ever before. Xbox fans are now waiting to hear from Microsoft on its plans to add Activision Blizzard games to Xbox Game Pass. Spencer previously blamed the deal’s long regulatory process for not having a back catalog of Activision Blizzard games available on Game Pass, warning we’d have to wait until 2024 for news on game additions. Activision Blizzard also revealed on X (formerly Twitter), ahead of the Microsoft deal closing, that Modern Warfare III and Diablo IV both wouldn’t be coming to Xbox Game Pass this year.
Here’s Phil Spencer’s full internal memo:

And other moves if a mod wants to change the title a bit to reflect all the news

GOOD! And Lulu is leaving too? Awesome!!

havoc00

Why do people think he was so bad? He made sure morale was high during covid.

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick is using the coronavirus pandemic to (safely) get closer to his employees.

Kotick revealed Tuesday that he gave out his personal phone number to 10,000 workers and said he “encouraged every single employee that has a concern that relates to their health care” to contact him. A “few hundred” have reached out so far, he told CNBC.

Kotick said that luckily only a “small number” of the video game-maker employees have contracted Covid-19. He’s using the pandemic to bolster the company’s health care options, including making private doctors available, paying for some employee drug co-pays, and offering telehealth options.

Similar to other companies, Activision Blizzard (ATVI) is letting employees work from home. Kotick said that will continue for the “foreseeable future” and the collaborative spirit among its global offices has made it a seamless transition.

twilo99

They need to get someone like Elon Musk in there to clean up all the bloat, reward the engineers, and get everyone focused on the task at hand. I really don't think the xbox management can do any of that.

Kotick kept has done well overall

They need to get someone like Elon Musk in there to clean up all the bloat, reward the engineers, and get everyone focused on the task at hand. I really don't think the xbox management can do any of that.

Kotick kept has done well overall
a clown for a clown.

Tams

Honestly it's hilarious that they all fell for it.

It's the same kind of behaviour that's led to the Phil Spencer worship.

Imagine simping for 6 figure megacorpo execultives.

Bruh, I'd just like her to **** ** **** and ****** ** *****. Maybe ***** ** ******* too.

if you know what i mean eyebrow wiggle GIF

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
No one here is talking about Lulu leaving? That should be the bigger news, especially on NeoGAF
Not sure why anyone would be surprised at either departure. Despite his experience Kotick is too toxic to keep around and Lulu is in the redundant layer of management that always gets cut after a merger.

Probably the biggest winner of the acquisition. It'll be interesting to see how Activision fares without the person that made them the well-oiled COD factory they are.

COD, mobile, death of good games from Blizzard. Yep basically nothing good has happened to them from my perspective until this buyout.

#BringBackStarCraft

havoc00

The dude was ceo of one of the largest corporations on the planet for thirty fuckin years. activisions entire rise to aforementioned 'largest corporations' happened with him as CEO. every single thing activision ever did that you enjoyed fell under his watch too. hes been ceo of activision longer than most people in this thread have been alive. the man will have business books written about him. nobody is ceo for 30 years. and if they are, they dont cash out as successfully as he did.
he won.

kotick-2.png

Last edited:

twilo99

“Spencer says in a new internal memo that there is no changes to how Activision, Blizzard, and King is run - including no changes to studio level.”

Good or bad?

a clown for a clown.

Not sure what you mean by a clown, but if you mean a human with extremely high IQ then sure

Top Bottom