• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need more short AA games like Kena and The Gunk

46n13AN.jpg

Now post your playtime

Life

4 hours is a demo for me. If most games were that short I woulda quit gaming long ago. In fact, I have skipped many excellent games just because of how short they are - and lack of replayability.
I understand small studios have limited budgets - but there's so many ways to get a game to last at least 12 hours nowadays. Why wouldn't you when you have already built so much of the game to begin with?

Both stores let you sort by release date. Read them.

So no actual examples. Figured. There absolutely is not “tons” of quality AA games releasing consistently. Your snarky responses in this thread have been useless.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Point of AA is it doesn't need universal appeal. players can love Kena and hate Vampyr but both can be successful because the market is now big and diverse and the development budget isn't bloated.

Sure. Which is exactly why I was pointing out other AA games that appealed to me. I certainly don't expect others to like the same games I do.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Hellblade is supposed to be like that, but then they are making it AAA with lots of shit and open world (is this confirmed?)... I like smaller games too, I'd rather have short story mode with lots of optional things to do for those wanting to get lost in a single game

Hezekiah

Banned
The Gunk IS $25. Kena is $40. The Gunk is also on Game pass. I don't know is Kena is on PS Now.
I haven't played Kena, but it is better reviewed, and people I know who have played it say it's 12 - 13 hours, whereas The Gunk took me half that.

Last edited:

Omali

So no actual examples. Figured. There absolutely is not “tons” of quality AA games releasing consistently. Your snarky responses in this thread have been useless.
If you're too lazy to open your eyes and actually know what's coming out, it's not the job of strangers on the internet to do individually list them for you.

If you're too lazy to open your eyes and actually know what's coming out, it's not the job of strangers on the internet to do individually list them for you.

You gotta love it when people make an argument, have no supporting evidence, and then get mad at the other person for not researching their own point for them. If you have nothing of value to post, why bother?

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
There's plenty of those around, you just need to find them

Art of rally for 20 euro? Man I've seen it on game pass and I honestly saw it as a mobile game because of the graphics didn't realise it was that expensive.

I'd honestly love to go back to shorter games (8-10 hours long) and see more games pumped out more quickly like the PS3 days. Now, it takes almost an entire generation for a studio to pump out a game.

Games don't need to be 500 hours long and full of fluff and side activities. Gimme a game with a straight forward plot and let me enjoy something shorter.

Top Bottom