• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the hardest 8th gen games you have played (so far)?

Love this.

The reason Sekiro felt so hard initially, for me at least, was because my brain was trained to play Dark Souls/Bloodborne. Sekiro's mechanics are different and, in some ways, punish you for playing like DS/BB. After you get over the initial hours of relearning the game, I felt Sekiro was relatively easier than most FromSoftware games. Very forgiving in parry, very forgiving in enemy density, very forgiving overall.
I agree, I would say Sekiro was harder to learn, but easier to master (if that makes sense). I'm playing through Bloodborne again and I can't help but feel like boss battles are simpler, items are simpler, weapons are simpler, enemy attack patterns are simpler/easier to bait, etc

Another improvement is the level geometry. It wasn't derped like other FROM games. Oh you slid off this poorly-lit plank of wood extending into the void? Oh well, you should've known better. In Sekiro you take dmg (but do not die) when falling off a cliff, so accidentally rolling off a ledge isn't nearly as punishing.

Plus, the grappling hook is awesome.

It may be my new fav Soulsborne game out of the bunch. I played it earlier this year (plan to Platinum before the end of the year) and I am still very much enamored with it.

Mhmmm 2077

From what I played: Cuphead is difficult. Furi's last boss was driving me crazy. Nex Machina on higher difficulty settings requires true gaming skill.

Last edited:

Abear21

Banned
Agree with Don’t Starve, love that game!

Darkest Dungeon has and continues to give me fits.

Skater XL is difficult for sure but in a different way

God of War on Hard was brutal.

Haven’t tried Cuphead yet, but Bloodborne probably takes the top spot for me, yeah, I’m no good at From games.

Top Bottom