• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the Western RPGs you're most looking forward to in 2024?

What’s your most anticipated WRPG in 2024?

• Gothic Remake

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • The Thaumaturge

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Greedfall 2: The Dying World

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Hyper Light Breaker

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Avowed

Votes: 65 65.7%
  • Other (comment your choice in the thread)

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
I recently replayed Outer Worlds and I am now much less hyped for Avowed.

Outer Worlds exploration was pointless and almost non-existent. The loot/item economy was filled with worthless junk and upgrades that did nothing to change or enhance the boring combat. And the quest design was always “choose good option A, bad option B, or secret middle option C.” Every. Single. Time.

If Avowed is just “fantasy Outer Worlds” then it’s a hard pass from me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Didn't know about a Greedfall 2 announcement, or I forgot lol. For me its Eastern games nearly the whole year. Man how the West has fallen for me. Damn.
Same for me, I cant even think single western game I should look forward this year or year after that even year after that.

• Fire
Reactions: Isa

Denton

I somewhat expect Kingdom Come II to make this year, so that, followed by Gothic Remake and Avowed. Bloodlines is one of the best games ever made, but I have very little faith in the studio making it. I will still play it probably, unless it is total shitshow.

Thaumaturge looks very interesting. Banishers could be pretty good, as was Vampyr. Greedfall 2....Spiders need to learn some lessons from the first game to make a really good sequel and I have doubts they learned them.

Sentenza

Gothic Remake is the one I'm most hopeful for, but not confident about.
I'm also SOMEWHAT hopeful about Bloodlines 2 but the confidence about that is down the drain.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is relatively a safe bet, even if you could argue that classifying it as a "WRPG" is a bit spotty at best.

I'm expecting Avowed to be more or less on par with The Outer Worlds, which I was DEFINITELY not a fan of.

Past that, there's a bunch of minor, less known projects in development I'm interested in (like MENACE, from the developers of Battle Brothers) but they still have everything to prove.

EDIT: If we are going to count it as part of the genre (questionable, but ok) I wish I could say that I'm very confident S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 but in truth I'm not, given their incredibly spotty development history even BEFORE the team found itself in the middle of a war.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

I recently replayed Outer Worlds and I am now much less hyped for Avowed.

Outer Worlds exploration was pointless and almost non-existent. The loot/item economy was filled with worthless junk and upgrades that did nothing to change or enhance the boring combat. And the quest design was always “choose good option A, bad option B, or secret middle option C.” Every. Single. Time.

If Avowed is just “fantasy Outer Worlds” then it’s a hard pass from me.
Hard to tell with outerworlds, literally a double A game thats incredibly dull and has shit quests, but i dont think the guy that made outerworlds has anything to do with avowed so there is hope

Godot25

Banned
I don't think Banishers can be categorised as an RPG game...

I would say Avowed but I'm still hoping for Dragon Age Dreadwolf in 2024

Flabagast

Avowed looks bad, and I am sick of generic heroic fantasy settings

The thaumaturge 2 looks the most interesting to me because it has the most original setting, I hope it is good

I don't think Banishers can be categorised as an RPG game...

I would say Avowed but I'm still hoping for Dragon Age Dreadwolf in 2024
Devs themselves call it action RPG so agree to disagree. :p

mW7R68h.png

Well. Even Guerrilla is calling Horizon series an RPG, but ai think we can have huge debate if if is an RPG.
Right, that's why I said agree to disagree on this one because I'm not trying to convince your one way or another. Just provided additional context on why I've added it to the poll since it's marketed as an action RPG.

Last edited:

simpatico

Fallout London for sure.

Avowed... with some caution. Obsidian seems like they've undergone some personality changes. We will know for sure when this one releases.

Top Bottom