• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

RAIDEN1

I fired up Forza motorsport (the last one) for the first time in ages....gotta say that game has still got it, one of the races I did brought back memories of Daytona....somewhat....and gave somewhat of an idea of what the game would look like if it came out for a new edition in recent years...(on home consoles not Daytona 3)

brian0057

Banned
Currently replaying the Mass Effect trilogy (the originals, not the LE).
I'm on 2 at the moment. And just like the last replay, my opinion on the second games goes down with each playthrough.
It's incredible how much this game drops in quality compared to the original.

I'm taking a Break from Alundra and I'm currently playing Trails From Zero

I'm about 39 hours in the game

I'm on Chapter 4 Day 2

I'm playing on Easy and cast is around 31 - 32

I'm hoping to finish this game this week. I'm loving it so far

After I finish this game, I'm going right back to Alundra

Last edited:

Kagero

bought Forza horizon 4. Holy smokes is this game good! One of the most polished games I’ve ever played. I raced a damn hovercraft while smashing through everything! This game has shades of motorstorm and I love it!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
  • Splatoon 3 - Went back to the campaign today, about half way through. Lots of fun levels; pretty much Octo Expansion 2.
  • Moonscars - it's too punishing. Wanted to keep trying a bit more before giving up, but I'm close. Shame as there's a lot here to like.
  • Live A Live - started the prehistoric chapter and instantly fell asleep. Not a great first impression lol. I have 3 chapters left. Been having fun playing this game very slowly since each chapter is a separate game basically.
That's it. I think my next big one coming up is Bayonetta 3. I might try and give Plague Tale 1 another try. Need something short I can play before Halloween.

TUNIC - this game is fantastic, a throwback to a time where there wasn't any hand-holding and exploration had purpose/reward, mix of Zelda, Souls and FEZ. The manual man, the manual. I'm near the end, found my fair share of secrets and I'm ready to finish it and move on so I decided to look up what I missed and let's just say the secrets in this game are jaw-dropping, must buy title.

Vermintide 2 - I'd bought this over a year ago having absolutely loved the first game. Played it for a bit but wasn't in the right frame of mind. Since then it's received a PS5 update and now it feels like a dream to play. The banter between the characters - a lot of it contextual and dependant on which 4 you take into battle - is some of the best in all of gaming. Unlike the 1st game you can now command bots to pick up tomes/grimoires making it much more viable as a single player experience.

Darkest Dungeon - after getting my fill of Inscryption I was still in the mood for something dark and grim so I returned to DD, a game I bought day 1, loved to death but never actually finished. Started a new file and been playing on and off making steady progress. Looking forward to the eventual console release of DD2.

SZips

PowerWash Simulator is my main solo game right now. There's just something so relaxing and addicting about this one.

Battlefield 2042, Fortnite no-build, and Destiny 2 (though on hiatus until the new season starts) are the main games I play with friends at the moment.

Just finished a replay through of Dead Space 3 with a buddy earlier this week.
Haven't posted in this thread since August.

I finished PowerWash Simulator and wow, that was a GREAT game. I actually really enjoyed the off the wall story that I honestly didn't see coming. Friends and I still play BF2042, Fortnite no build, and Destiny 2 periodically each week.

Buddy and I did a play through of State of Decay 2. We each had our own worlds and would hop back and forth to help the other since it's not co-op progression.

I also started and finished Spider-Man over the course of a few weeks after its PC release. I played through it already on PS4 at launch but it was nice to go back and play it with better framerates and higher fidelity.

I forced myself to finish a play through of Mafia 3 that I started when that game first came out. The core gameplay loop for that game still sucks absolute ass, but I really liked the story beats, especially the interview stuff. That was really well done. Just a shame those parts are diluted by the core play loop. The DLC campaign missions were pretty tight though!

With that out of the way, I've moved on to Days Gone, another game I started but didn't finish at the time. It wasn't for a lack of enjoyment, I just put it aside for other stuff at the time. I went back to it this week and am still having a great time.

• Splatoon 3 - Went back to the campaign today, about half way through. Lots of fun levels; pretty much Octo Expansion 2.
  • Moonscars - it's too punishing. Wanted to keep trying a bit more before giving up, but I'm close. Shame as there's a lot here to like.
  • Live A Live - started the prehistoric chapter and instantly fell asleep. Not a great first impression lol. I have 3 chapters left. Been having fun playing this game very slowly since each chapter is a separate game basically.
That's it. I think my next big one coming up is Bayonetta 3. I might try and give Plague Tale 1 another try. Need something short I can play before Halloween.
Just beat Moonscars...I thought it was a little too easy since its so easy to level up the abilities...Its like 2 abilities you can level up early on and it makes the whole game WAY too much of a cakewalk..kinda took the fun out of it. I seen someone else complain about the camera shake too, you can disable it in the menus

rolandss

Gran Turismo 7 is old faithful, the main game I’ve played this entire year. Been trying to get back into the new horizon but I find it’s characters and story a bit grating. Kinda like they’re a bit Disney.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Industria: I’m…starting to like this? Sniper Rifle packs such punch (as it should). I’m really starting to dig the atmosphere as well.

Ghosts n Goblins Resurrected: This I’m going in knowing I’m going to be this game’s bitch. And damn I can see how it’s so much more difficult than past entries. I mean, the enemies just keep coming. Even shit like crows, you kill them and more show up right afterwards.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just beat Moonscars...I thought it was a little too easy since its so easy to level up the abilities...Its like 2 abilities you can level up early on and it makes the whole game WAY too much of a cakewalk..kinda took the fun out of it. I seen someone else complain about the camera shake too, you can disable it in the menus
You're better than me then! I'm going to give it another serious try as I did enjoy it so far, despite some frustration with the healing / magic being tied to the same small bar. I'm on the first boss. Haven't had a ton of time to play anything.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Ghosts n Goblins Resurrected: This I’m going in knowing I’m going to be this game’s bitch. And damn I can see how it’s so much more difficult than past entries. I mean, the enemies just keep coming. Even shit like crows, you kill them and move show up right afterwards.
Good luck dude lol.

Playing Demon Souls remake for the first time. Wow am I blown away by the quality!

Played all the other Fromsoft games, but never played the original DS.
It was my first (original PS3) and probably my favorite prior to Elden Ring. I figure it is my favorite because it was my first experience with Souls. So, it's good to hear new Demon's Souls fans who already like Souls are enjoying it too.

Plus, that PS5 version is perfection. It's stunning and they smartly kept the game playing just how it always has.

The DualSense features were nice too. It made me miss them when they weren't put into the PS5 version of Elden Ring.

Just finished Nioh (trying new game plus but I'm getting my ass kicked during boss battles).

Started Nioh 2 and Like a Dragon

Last edited:

sedg87

Banned
Recently finished Kingdom Hearts 2 and Resident Evil 4 in VR. Incredible experience playing through one of my all-time favourite games in VR. I think I'm going to play it through once more and then tackle the mercenaries content. I've also picked up Exorcist for my Quest and I think I'll buy another horror game. Does anyone have any recommendations?

God of War on PC.. with an xbox series controller (the vibration feels really stupid compared to even PS4 controllers, MS should spend less time re-skinning their controllers and more time actually trying new things, this is really disappointing).

Last edited:
I'm only in the middle of ch.2 so far, and i also like it very much. I take my time with Falcom's games so it's surely will be another 100+ hours ride, and 1-2 additional playthroughs for platinum.
Shame that NISA didn't manage to release duology as a bundle, because after i finish Zero there will be another waiting for Azure.

Yeah once Azure comes out and I finish that I will be replaying Cold Steel 3 and 4 since I was lost on some stuff before I played the Crossbell games

EDMIX

Actually started a new game on Watchdogs 1.

Looking at my harsh criticism of that title in the past and actually playing CP2077 with so many missing features, I want to see if I can give it a far shake as clearly, that wasn't a 6/10 title, maybe it was a solid 8/10 or even 9/10 and I overacted or something as much of what was expected in standard open world title exist in Watchdogs, yet absent in CP2077.

If I can say a game is horrid with so many missing elements, maybe my personal review on Watchdogs 1 was a bit over the top as...I didn't really know what "bad" was until I had a game crashing 60 plus times making a record for them PS crash reports and missing AI. I'll run thru it with clearer perspective I guess.

I forgot you leveled up the driving skill thing. I was playing earlier and was like "damn this driving feels like shit" lol

W WoJ Respect, I was actually thinking about getting the remaster to replay that.

Last edited:

kunonabi

I recently completed Yakuza 4 remastered, I found the story to be very captivating, if not the best out of the series so far. I don't get why some people say skip Yakuza 3 4 and 5, and just read the summary, the games are brilliant. Will move on to Yakuza 5 after I'm done with Horizon Forbidden West that I just started.
Yakuza 4 is probably my favorite after 0. It's ridiculous but damn if it isn't entertaining.

Can't say much about Y3 since they refuse to release a satisfactory western release of it.

Tunned

Yakuza 4 is probably my favorite after 0. It's ridiculous but damn if it isn't entertaining.

Can't say much about Y3 since they refuse to release a satisfactory western release of it.
You mean you haven't played Yakuza 3 remastered because it's too janky? I can agree, which is why I stuck to the story and only some side missions. You get used to the jankiness eventually, it is what it is.

Overwatch 2.

I'm actually enjoying it. I played a bit yesterday but wasn't feeling it but I did only played a few matches. Got the itch to play it again so been playing a few hours this morning and i'm having fun. I only played Overwatch for a while when it came out... looking at my stats I played 36 hours total so not long at all. At the time I did somewhat enjoy it but it always felt like you needed good communication/team work and to have spent a lot of time learning how all the characters play and work together. I suppose that's still there but I feel like you're not punished anymore for NOT doing any of that. Sure if I had a bunch of friends playing and we were all communicating it would make it a better experience but I don't have friends that play online (or any friends at all :messenger_downcast_sweat: lol)

I'm not saying the game is dumbed down or anything but I feel it's maybe more attractive to casual players now who just want to jump in and have some fun. That's the kind of player I am. I don't care about playing ranked/competitive games or climbing a ladder. With the changes to 5v5 and forcing roles (1 tank, 2 attack, 2 healers) it makes matches feel more balanced. You can still play games where roles are not forced and it's more chaotic but it still feels good to play.

I'm now tempted to get the premium battle pass :messenger_tears_of_joy: the rewards are shit to be honest but we're only a few days into the first season. I prefer the battle pass/currency system to lootboxes. Not sure if it's possible to play and earn enough coins to buy the battle pass without money. There are challenges there that reward coins but I don't if there will be enough. Maybe.

Mr Hyde

lB5tHBN.jpg

Revisiting a classic. Not my favorite Mana but I like the non linear gameplay, the wonderful music, the beautiful artstyle and graphics and the crazy characters. The story is lacking due to the world map being constructed the way it is but the charm that oozes through the game more than makes up for it.

AndrewRyan

Upgraded to a 5800x3D last week and been circling back to some underperforming games and found one that's running buttery smooth now: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Loving almost everything about this game. It's refreshing all the ways there are to explore, traverse and accomplish missions. Dialog is meaningful and little things you hear and read are often optional clues. Defeating bosses through dialog is amazing as is stealth. Upgrades are meaningful and not overly diluted. Makes me wish the creators of Dishonored and Mankind Divided would partner on a new IP.

reektann

Finished Tinykin on PC - what a great fun game and quite a looker. Very theraputic gameplay just going wild collecting all the items etc and zooming about. Very moreish. Even though I had it on Game Pass I ended up buying it on Steam as I was away for a couple days so I played some on the desktop and then the rest on my Steam Deck - ran at 60fps no problem too!

Neon White on PC - I absolutely love this game and didn't expect to at all as I don't really like speed running? . I've got the "Ace" medals on every single level so far and every gift. I love making a first run then you slowly learn the isms of the level and the brilliance of some of the design where you can play with the fun floaty physics to shave time off your score. I'm on Chapter 6 now I think with 12 hours played as I just can't ever move on a level until I ace it and get the gift to hand in and get the little side level/mission which are really fun and super clever. Great aesthetic too and the music fits perfectly. I turn into a crazy person semi talking to myself when im calling myself an idiot out loud for simple mistakes .. definitely a "flow state" sort of experience.

The downtime part reminds me a lot of Persona 4 including the music and even though a majority of the writing is a little childish I'm still enjoying it and want to see what happens in the story.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I completed the main storyline and most of the side stuff in American Fugitive. I've got a handful of achievements left and they shouldn't be too hard to get so I am going for 100%.

Anyway, the game has a ton of improvements from launch, making it an extremely fun experience on my Steam Deck.

Bartski

Gold Member
Beat Moonscars today. Gets really good once you figure out how the difficulty works, otherwise it can be crushing.
It's on game pass, if you liked Blasphemous wait for the v1.3.002 patch to arrive on consoles and go grab it. You'll thank me later.

Moving on

monty python GIF

Just about to start Return to Monkey Island!

Duchess

It was my first (original PS3) and probably my favorite prior to Elden Ring. I figure it is my favorite because it was my first experience with Souls.
I always like to think that it was due to gamers such as myself, importing the US version to play in the UK, that prompted the original PS3 game to get a full European release. Probably not, but maybe the publishers took note of the number of PS3 players connecting to US servers from our side of the pond :)

I always like to think that it was due to gamers such as myself, importing the US version to play in the UK, that prompted the original PS3 game to get a full European release. Probably not, but maybe the publishers took note of the number of PS3 players connecting to US servers from our side of the pond :)
I didn't realize it didn't release there. We're lucky it released in the west at all, as most publishers didn't seem to want to touch it. Thanks Atlus.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Main PC: Yakuza 6, currently learning how baseball works (I'm from Spain, so no idea) while playing this baseball manager minigame. Cool stuff.

Steam Deck: Finished yet another run of Ion Fury on the Deck. Started it just to trybout the gyro controls, but ended up having so much fun that I ended up beating it again on hard and without autoaim. Gotta admit, headshots feel even better when not done with a mouse.

Also Morrowind and Dark Forces.

XLHVs6V.jpg

Got in just for an nice sweet platinum from the PS plus extra catalog, but man this game really surprised me, such a beautiful experience.

The cast away solitary atmosphere build up was really awesome, the control was deliberately tuned to be bit clunky to simulate the outer space low gravity environment, the story mystery unfolded chapter by chapter, really sucked me such that every piece of collectible became such a delight to find since they reveal the story more and more.

I guess the most precious part is the gameplay, usually you'd expect such type of games focusing on story and environment would just be plain walking simulator, but Deliver us the Moon actually managed to integrate some really cool and intense action moments - the space station blowing up in chapter 2, the fusion reactor escape in final chapter, really gave me some chills.

It's such a passionate and well crafted work, now I am so glad to know there is a sequel coming soon to continue the untold fates of the characters.

I’ve started playing DS3 again, this time with a dagger and shield and consumables-only run, where possible. Nothing in gaming feels like that parry-critical hit combo.

Top Bottom